CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bradley

Bradley Sanders is my little nephew buddy. He is my little friend. I have been so lucky and have had a few little nephew buddies, who for reasons of their own, really took a liking to me. When Reevey was little he acted like I was his long time pal and called me, Les. Plain old-old-time-feels like I've known you forever- Les. No Aunt. No need for formalitites. He was always happy to see me, and would say, "Hey Les." "How ya doin, Les?" "Whatchya been up to, Les?" I knew he liked me because he would actually jump in my car and want to go where I was going.

MaryKate's Little Jacob always looked shyly at me and would burst into an embarrassed smile if we locked eyes. He also would quietly crawl in bed with me, and I would have to pretend not to notice until he was settled in right next to me. Catherine's Little Paul was also shy and smiley around me, and told his mother he wanted to marry me. I told his mother of course I would and we've been engaged ever since. Then these little adoring nephews began to grow up and I was no longer quite the novelty I used to be, but for a little while they thought I was wonderful and I was flattered.

Bradley has been my little nephew buddy for a few years now. We have a lot of funny stories because he watches me, and often imitates me (which I love.) When we get together we talk about bananas and guinea pigs. He calls me his Aunt who is Afraid Of Everything. He can't understand my fears and tries to convince me that bananas are good and guinea pigs are nice. It's impossible to convince me of this, so we have to move on to our other favorite subject. Legos. Bradley and I love Legos. He always wants me to come to his house so we can build some legos together.

Last time we saw each other, I told him I didn't have any Legos to put together. So, a few days later Aunt Laurie brought this over for me. Bradley sent home a box of his legos for me to put together. "These are for "Aunt Res-i-ree." Since I can't come over to play legos, he sent some home for me. See why he's my little buddy? He is so sweet with me. I just love him and I feel so lucky that this little, adorable boy loves me. It almost makes me cry.




17 comments:

Katie and Mark said...

Oh Leslie! That is so sweet. Ü I can just hear Bradley's cute voice through your post. I'm glad he likes you.

Familia Henao said...

soo cute! all the kids love you so much!

Catherine said...

I know why all the little boys love you so much. It's cause you're purty miss Leslie. I mean you're nice, too, but you're awfully pretty. Those little boys don't stand a chance. Well, you're nice too, so that could be it, too.

I love how much Bradley loves you. I remember you telling me over a year that he was your little buddy and how fun that he still is. I love that he sent legos for you to do. Too cute.

Leslie said...

Oh, Katie and Court,
I am so lucky to have all your kids as my little friends.
I love them all, and am so touched when they choose me as their own particular friend.

Catherine,
Bradley has always been so cute with me.
He watches me and copies me. IOnce after eating S'mores I clutched my throat and gasped, "Wwaaatterrr." The next thing I knew Little Brad was clutching his throat and whispering and gasping out "waaattterrr,". It was so funny because we had no idea he was watching me. He was across the way and not close by, but he heard me and did it, too.
If I tell Laurie I need a drink of water, he will suddenly show up right next to me with a water bottle. If I tell him I'm out of legos he sends me home some of his very own. He is so sweet with me. I also cause him concern though because he can't understand why I don't like guinea pigs and bananas. It's a worry for him, and he's trying to help me. It seems like there's a certain age (3) when the little nephews really like me, and I thoroughly enjoy it when they do. I love little boys, and when they are my little friends it just reminds me of my own when they were little.

Lauriesconsult said...

Oh that was so sweet. All my grandchildren love you so much and so do I, so I understand it so much. I love to read what you write. Can I pay you to write my chapter. I want mine to be as funny and whitty as yours. I am dragging on my blog this year. I have no time I am too busy driving around a van full of students who say Miss Laurie, Miss Laurie why are you speeding we will get a ticket, Miss Laurie why did you just back into that pole ( I assured them we just bumped it ) Miss Laurie did you get your dress at Kmart and so on and so on. So my blog lacks luster but yours is rocking hot and all those clever sisters and daughters comments only make it better. Love you !

Lauriesconsult said...

I forgot to add this because Cate is right.... Leslie is Pretty Miss Leslie. One day I ran into her in my big white van full of students and Leslie was on her way somewhere and we both turned around so she could meet the students after the boys in the van said " She is the most beautiful woman we have ever seen" and I get Miss Laurie your stomach almost touches the wheel. Where is the justice. LOL I am going to become the treat Nazi no more treats for naughty kids in the white van well really just one . He loves to tease me.

Catherine said...

I love Laurie's comments! I am laughing my head off at them. I'm so glad she's here. We need more Laurie. I love hearing all about what Laurie's students have to tell her. And I completely understand about the purty miss Leslie business. All the boys at my High School were always talking about how gorgeous Leslie was, and how big my nose was. It's a good thing Leslie's so nice. =D

Leslie said...

Catherine,
Stop it, you're making me blush!

Ok, yes, we definitely need more Laurie. Who doesn't need more Laurie? You do know she is in high demand all the time by everyone, don't you? Even The Littles call her and want to know when will they get to do something fun with her. They told her HER New Year's Resolution is to see them more often. They harbor real resentment if I go do something with her without them.

As for your nice compliments, I never understood what it was all about, but the sad thing is, that whatever it was it's going. It's almost gone.

Leslie said...

Laaaauuuuurrrriiiiiieeeeee,
Hurray you joined the party. We need you.
We can't have a party without you. We've all been waiting for you to join in. Why do you have to be so busy carting around kids shouting out "Miss Laurie, Miss Laurie, pass the popcorn, pass the goldfish, don't hit the curb, and watch out for the pole."
Your school kids were so nice to me and that cracked me up that that is what they told you. I LOVE that they tease you and know that they love you.
Who doesn't?
I laughed that you'll pay me to write your chapter.
Maybe everyone should. I could use it!
Actually I can't wait to read everyone's. Everyone is funny and clever and full of interesting ideas.
Maybe we should call your chapter, "Where's Laurie?" since everyone's always waiting for your attention.
As for your adorable grandkids. I love them and am so happy I get to see them and spend time with your girls. Bradley has always been my little friend, interested in me, and watching me, and coming over and sitting on my lap. I have to enjoy it while it lasts because as you know, they grow up and suddenly they're off swimming by themselves and with their cousins, and they don't come over and ask us to swim with them as much as they used to. See. That can make me cry too.
Maybe this summer we'll just sit together on the shore dabbing our eyes with our beach towels.
All right, everyone's comments make it much more fun, and I love that you joined in today.
Let's do something fun soon......or The Littles will be mad at both us of!

Seth and Julie said...

Okay, so I was going to make the same observation that Catherine and Laurie made. Notice it is all the little boy nephews who love pretty Auntie Leslie. Of course you are fun, too. I noticed that my kids felt so comfortable at your house because you had a million things to do and you were welcoming and kind, BUT as a mother of a little boy, I know that they are drawn to women who are pretty. Everytime Alex tells me he likes a new teacher or friend's parent, when I ask him why he says, "Because her's pretty." To find a pretty girl who will also play Legos with you...that is true love for a little guy. Super cute post. Sorry if I further embarrassed you.

My cute nephew loves my kids, and he loves me as long as I am in Wisconsin, but won't go near me when I see him. It breaks my heart, and I wonder what that says about me as an Auntie?

Leslie said...

I'm turning vermillion!
I didn't mean for this to be a boast post, but I did have a little following for a short time, and I really did and do enjoy it. It's so fun to have a little child be your friend and seek you out.
Well, whatever it is, it has been fun, and I would stop what I'm doing to play legos with all of them if they wanted me to.
I loved having your family over. I'm so happy your kids had a good time and felt comfortable. I wish you could have come over again. I still need to get over to Mimi's to see Kristen. If she and Valerie ever want to come by we would love to have them.
I'm sorry your little nephew loves you from a distance. He was so cute and I loved his beautiful blue eyes. I'm sure he has great things to say about you. Does he know you play Legos? I think you're right about what you said. A girl who plays legos just might be a little boy's dream come true!

MK and Co. said...

The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker. They all have one thing in common and that is if they saw Leslie walk into their shop they would immediately comment on pretty her hair, smile, eyes or all three are. Even the little boys are on the trail! Well I don't blame them. Not only are you so pretty but super nice and sweet to little children and visitors.
I'm happy you have a little buddy. Little boys can be so sweet. I love my little buddies too and hope they remember how much I like my little troop and how much I chased them all around!!

MK and Co. said...

And Miss Laurie, everything you wrote was hilarious! Please write some more soon. You're too funny not share it with the world. Don't be greedy Laurie.

Unknown said...

okay people...... this Leslie character not only turns 3 year old boys' heads, she turned a 15 year old Latin Lover's head some time ago.....and still does.
'We're still havin' fun and your still the one'

Leslie said...

Oh no. This post has taken a wrong turn somehow.
This was not the direction I thought it would go.
Thank you to everyone for all of your kind comments.
You have all made me laugh and Know that I know everyone has their own little nephew and also niece buddies in our big, fun family.

Catherine said...

I'm loving all the comments and I want to say that I can't get enough of Mike's comments. I love to see them wherever they pop up. I loved reading about his poor childhood in Mexico and the 15 year old latin lover. Mike and Laurie both need to come out and play more often. And I can't wait to come and play next week! We're so excited to see you guys and for the warm weather.

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.