
Is everyone ready or frantically getting ready for our trip? I'm so excited to go and am looking forward to being all together.I can hardly believe we get to see The Holy Land and am eager to learn so many new things. I know when I return I will have another
"Magnificent Obsession" and that is something I'm really looking forward to; something to be fascinated with, to study, and to always remember and refer.
When I came home from Europe I studied so many new things, read new books, and listened to Italian music. Immersing myself in everything after the trip added and extended the experience and memories, and I loved sharing all that I learned with my kids.
I loved the DVD that Jackson and Rosie made for us of Europe, and every time my family watches it I think of how lucky we are not just to go and travel, but also how much we love Mom and Dad and being their children and most of all, being together.
There's still so many things to do before we leave. Mostly laundry, ironing, cleaning out the fridge, mailing copies of the itinerary, checking in with kids before we leave, and of course, packing. I wish I could pack everything and have it ready and waiting at the door, but unfortunately I need and use almost everything going into my suitcase.
Friday morning will be here before we know it so let me just tell everyone I can't wait and hope that everyone travels safely and well. Here's to being one of the luckiest kids in the world.
I love Our Great, Big, Happy Family.



13 comments:
I leave in the morning, so the last thing I should be doing is sitting down on the computer. But here I am. Hello. I can't find my checkbook that I put in a safe place. I packed four pairs of shoes and none of them feel like the right pair of shoes. I have too many and not enough. Sailor wants to pack her giant doll and all of the doll clothes. We already have four suitcases, two violin cases and two carry-on bags between us. One of those carry ons is a giant tote filled with three or four carry ons, truth be told. Still...the road is calling me. Can't wait to get on it.
Well, well, well......... you are finally letting the 'preverbreal' cat out of the bag. Everyone knows how you couldn't stop calling me your "Magnificent Obsession" when we got back from Europe. What will it be this time, Phantastic Pharaoh? It was rather embarrassing. I'm still packed from the Europe trip and ready to go. I just hope we can tell the difference between the Europe pictures and the pictures from the borders of Iraq!
From the picture you posted looks like the guys might be able to catch a Notre Dame football game. Go fighting Irish!! Beat SC.....
That was fun.
I love our big happy family, too. I am so excited to go back with everyone.
Can't wait to see you. Save me a seat!
Actually Dear,
I think I was your "Magnificent Obsession" the moment you saw me walk into your photo class. You turned on all the charm, pulled out all the stops, and pretended to love all that I loved, and it was just as you always said: "I didn't stand a chance!"
As for Phantastic Pharoah, I can't wait to meet him.
It will be easy to distinguish the pictures of Israel form Europe because this time you'll be looking like a Muslim with your beard.
As far as your football references, I have no idea what you are talking about. You know I don't watch football. All I do is read and laugh at your jokes.
And luckily, I still find them funny.
Oh Erin,
You have to take everything with you.! It reminds me of Two Weeks With Love and the family taking everything with them, even the birdcage. And Sailor reminded me of Frances packing her dolls and dollclothes. Will she bring her snake doll, too?
Good luck with everything. Can't wait to see you in Israel and laugh with you on the bus. I wonder if there will be any Fish Oatmeal in Israel!!!
I sure hope not!
Heidi,
I loved your post today. My favorite was the picture of the empty bus knowing we will full up the seats and have so much fun together.
I can't wait to see everyone.
See you soon.
Catte Woman,
This one's for you about the last comment below.
I thought that was a mutual activity. I thought it was tennis too but I was afraid to say it because you have The Super Sonic Superb memory and I didn't want you to think I had a sloppy memory.
hahaha
Can't wait to see you. It's almost time to Gooooooo!
I hope you guys have a blast! I can't wait to learn about all the things you find fascinating when you come home and on your blog. I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it, and I can't wait to see lots of pix. :)
Hi Katie,
Thanks for your well wishes.
You are so nice about wanting to hear about what we learn. Thanks for letting me spend 2 weeks with your Mom. She is so fun and always so funny. I can't wait to have a good time with her.
Tell all your kids hi for us, Katie.
Take care.
There's no time girls! I loved reading everyone's posts and comments. Thanks for posting pics of the Holy Land Les and Erin. I'm so excited to see all these places! I can't wait to see you all and I expect everyone to bring their best jokes, their most interesting stories, and their best snacks to share! See you on the bus!
There is no time at all Mary. "There's no time, girls. We've got to get the chicken chopped." Every time I think, write or read that line it's in Beryl Whiting's British accented voice!
There really is no time but here I am on the blogs again. I'm always on them lately because I'm excited and fully of nervous energy to go on our trip.
I've woken up for a week at 3am every night planning my suitcase and making mental lists. Well actual, real lists, since I've been sleeping with my clipboard on my bed.
I can't wait to see you and eat all your snacks.
I think I'm funnier on paper so instead of actually speaking I'll pass you notes.
I don't have any funny stories going on in my life right now but I'll be sure to make some up.
Well, there's no time and I better go. All I know is you better save me a seat on the bus!
Leslie,
Thanks for the compliment on the DVD. It was quite a bit of work but I had a ton of fun making it and I can't wait to start working on the sequel. Pretending to focus at work has been really tough these last two weeks because all I really want to think about is all the fun we are going to have together in the Holy Lands. See you soon.
Hi Jackson,
I know exactly what you mean. I wish we had left two weeks ago. I can't handle all of this accelerated anticipation. It's like a prisoner who's sentence is ending but breaks out of jail just before he's free.
We love our DVD. It was the nicest gift. We watch it all the time, and whenever we watch it we watch it about five times in a row. Mike and I can't wait for the sequel. See you soon, and I hope you'll be telling Rosie you love her so much, just like on the last trip. See you so sooooooooooon!
Post a Comment