CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Back To True Grit


I heard that True Grit was snubbed at the Golden Globe nominations yesterday.
I was mad to hear it and have no idea why it was snubbed because it looks like it's going to be a great movie. It's disappointing it wasn't nominated for at least something but the Oscar nominations are still ahead.I'm not reading a single review of the movie until I see it, but I'm sure I will be biased since I already love the book and now I'm rooting for the underdog.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear they changed the ending............Mattie Ross dies in the end.
I can't wait to see it.
I hear 'What's Up Doc' is due to come out November 2011. Just in time for my late birthday .

Catherine said...

Now that it's been snubbed, I will love it even more. Do you know who composed the music for it? And I love your quote down below. And I love biblical sounding phrases, too. One of my favorites is, "So let it be written, so let it be done."

And is Mike serious about What's Up Doc? He's teasing, huh?

Leslie said...

Catte,
The composer is.....Elmer Bernstein of course.
You did mean for the original movie I presume.
Bernstein has done so many scores....To Kill A Mockingbird, Magnificent Seven, even if you can believe it, Funny Farm and Animal House!
I Be-loves him.
I'm happy to hear you liked yesterday's quote.
It wasn't very popular.
And No Mike is not the least bit serious about "What's Up, Doc?" You cannot believe a word he writes, although I always look forward to what he's written.

Leslie said...

Also,
My phones are broken. We need new phones throughout the entire house. None of the chargers charge the phone. Broken, really broken.
All I have is my cellphone.

Catherine said...

All I have is a dollar. A dollar. All I have is a cellphone, a cellphone.

Leslie said...

A dollar and a cellphone.
"The violin sings with joyful ringgggging
The clarinet, the clarinet, sings doolie=doolie=doolie=ette."

Catherine would you like to be in charge of the blog book club? You're awfully good at managing things.
Mary and I nominate you to manage the Blog Book Club.
When I get new phones I will call you to discuss it.