CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Quote of the day

This quote is actually the famous prayer of Juliana from the 14th century. It reads like poetry and as soon as you read it you will remember it always.
(I feel a song coming on: "trips along softly on the tongue that way." If you can name the song I'll call you up and sing it to you.)

I love all the phrases that sound authoritative and biblical. "It is forbidden, So let it be written , It is decreed, All shall be well, All shall perish, Thou shalt not, or even I commandeth." I also love the scene in the movie Everyone Says I Love You when the father is angry and shouting out commands. His wife (Goldie Hawn) takes him by the hand, leads him away and tells him he is beginning to sound tiresomely biblical."

Well, even though I am not always certain all shall be well, I sure love the way it sounds and I love the reasurrance that a phrase like this automatically brings. It plays throughout my mind all the time. Say it a few times and it will play throughout yours, too. "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well. All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well." See what I mean?
It's the quote of the day. "Memorize it and be ready to recite it when your cue comes."

0 comments: