Erin also needs a new phone. Mary Kate and I were discussing it the other day. Erin has The Krackle Bar phone. It sounds so crackly you think she's crumpling up papers when you talk to her. Laurie needs a new phone, too; a cellphone and a housephone because she is another Renouf Girl who is tough to get a hold of. I'm not even entirely sure if Lisa has a phone and when my phone is working I can never find it. Michelle usually answers her phone and she always returns calls. Roy doesn't take phonecalls on Sundays because it's against his religion, but Jack is great about calling Mike. Catherine and Mary Kate are housewives with children so they always answer the phone. Mom and Dad could use a new speaker on their phone because honestly, who can hear them when they're on the road and calling? I certainly can't and it feels like we're yelling at each other when we speak.
I hope Mom is reading this and listening to the blog music today. This is her song. It's part of her 80's collection that she loves and I think it's entirely fitting that the name of the song is Bad Connection and the words are, Can You Hear Me? This song should have been on our answering machine when we growing up and it should have played on our doorbell, too. Well, not really.
The truth is it could play on both of those at my own house. Mom and Dad's house was just so big it took us a half hour to find whoever was called.
Well, I just thought I'd let everyone know I can hear you. I just can't answer my phone.
(I just realized I forgot to mention Heidi. What is wrong with me? Heidi, I think it's because we've been emailing all week and not even bothering with the phone. And I went out of order as I was writing. I actually always go out of order and list the boys together and then Heidi. Forgive me, Heidi. I'm a buffoon. Heidi is just as tough as the rest of us to get a hold of, but Reeve is a fabulous manager and manages to return all of her phone calls.)




12 comments:
I don't get it..... You told us to never answer the phone when your family calls! Is that sarcasm, because Jack never calls.
Whenever I hear your 'moms song', all I think of is Gyz & Kat running around fighting, Erin & Shell looking for makeup Roy has hidden, while getting dressed for an Adam Ant concert or something, and your mom sweeping the floor humming AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long, (not realizing the lyrics). Also, not to forget your dad making popcorn, shaking the handheld cast iron popcorn maker, over the open flame while in his G's sporting his blue robe. And who could ever forget, somebody making cookies out of yesterdays scrap bowl??
Yes, it is amazing what memories just one song brings.
LOL I LOVE LOVE this post AND comment. Thatvis too funny. I have to get the kids off for school-so no time for a longer comment-but I love it & the music. :)
Ohhhhhhh Honnneeeyyyy,
It was Highway To Hell she was humming.
Well, dear I'm glad you were busy noticing everything about my family, and taking it all in. I think you forgot about kids sharpening pencils on the couch, too. Well, you have to admit you always loved my big, crazy family, felt very at home amongst all of them, and were game enough to marry me so you could be surrounded by them for the rest of your life.
@ Mike, What do you mean I never call!? I called you twice last year, one was a pocket-dial, and then the other time was on accident because the touch screen on my phone isn't that good.
I liked your post Leslie.
Hey Jackson,
It counts, you're on the good phone caller-return caller list.
Also, we're searching for Yosemite pictures for you.
I have, for some reason, a lot of Matt Gorley in Yosemite, but no one else.
Maybe that counts.
Nice to hear from you Jackson, even if it wasn't a phonecall.
AHHHH! I left you a comment earlier. I know I did. Anyway I loved this post and Mike's comment had me laughing outloud. And if everything he said is true,(and I'm sure it is.)then no wonder mom's anthem was "Highway to Hell."
I'm sad your phone isn't working. I love talking to my sisters. It's like calgon. But I'm glad you're posting. It's the next best thing. I love the music. And I love the heading for your playlist. "Listen to some cowboy musics." and that's an order!
Well I have to go drag poor Annabelle off to dance class. She's running a little fever today, but her recital is on Saturday. Maybe I should just leave her alone.
"music." I meant "music."
Catherine,
I have no idea how or why it says Listen To Cowboy Music. Don't ask me how I did it but I love it. For a moment I thought maybe you did it.
Mom used to sing that song, whistle it and hum it when she swept the kitchen floor. She used to say it was catchy but of course she didn't mean to be singing it at all.
Me, on the other hand, loved it and still love it.
It's so angry! Catchy-angry!
Well, good luck getting your poor little sick lamb to ballet practice. Is she in the Nutcracker, too?
I hope she feels better soon. It's almost Christmas!
Is she in Nutcracker, too? That had me cracking up. NO she's not in Nutcracker. She's going to Cindy Lou Who (along with the rest of her class.) for her recital. She has to wear a funny purple nightgown and a blonde yarn wig with wired braids. Not exactly the Nutcracker. =D
Maybe we should put "Highway to Hell" on the Renouf Family blog. Mother would like that.
Your email cracked me up. "Call me anytime day or night." I thought this post is supposed to let us all know that there is no gettin getting ahold of you! I'm going to try anyway. =D
Annabelle's teacher called her today. Isn't that funny? Belles threw up as soon as we got to school yesterday, so I turned around and brought her home. I kept her home today to make sure she was really over the stomach flu before I sent her back to school. And then this afternoon her teacher called her. I guess she needed a recipe from Annabelle because the class is making a cookbook. Should be an interesting cookbook. Anyway I just thought it was all pretty funny. And since we're talking about phone calls, I thought this was the appropriate forum. =D
I don't know if I'm any better off having a cordless phone. I think I was better off in the 80s with a long cord than I am in 2010 with my cracklebar phone. I like my cell phone, I really do, except I can't hold it with my shoulder. I know, I know-I can solve that but that takes moolah. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and go hands free one of these days. Anyway, we are all hard to get a hold of. period. There, I said it. The best method of getting in touch with anyone in this family is to get the kids to answer the phones. The poor kids are crying for social contacts while the parents are begging them to not pick up the phone. Email! It's the wave of the future! Best way to keep in touch. Although blog commenting is also very nice.
I had that problem a few weeks ago and had maybe 5 seconds to answer and yell, "call me next week, my phone doesn't work". And I left my cell phone cord in CA, so no one could reach me there either. I think my phone died when I left it uncharged the whole time I was in CA. Now it will hold a charge for about 2 hours, which gets me through most calls. Me and Valerie can never seem to complete our conversations in 2 hours, so we take a brief intermission and resume for 2 more hours on cell phones (now that my cord is back). I am glad to hear phone issues, and call returning issues run in the family.
Post a Comment