CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 18, 2010

Holly and her Running Weekend


Holly is running 150 miles this weekend with her running team.
She runs with her friends, "The Mothers" and they are having a blast.
She texted us last night and said she is having so much fun. "Can you imagine?" (You know I love that line. It's my hairdresser's catch phrase. She says it so mildy in surprise and she also says it so mildly in outrage. That's as mad as she gets about things. "Can you imagine?" That is the extent of her anger.)
But, the point of this post is that Holly is running a really long, long race and loving it. It's called The Ragnar Relay Wasatch Back.
I love that my girls are dedicated athletes and just thought I'd let everyone know that Holly is an incredible runner and is running, running, running all weekend.

12 comments:

Katie and Mark said...

Wow! That is amazing! I was so proud when I worked up the endurance to run a 5K...and I was exhausted after. She is so impressive. Go Holly!

Catherine said...

How. . .How. . .Howard. . .is she doing that? 150 miles in one weekend? How? That is amazing. Good for Little Holls. That's so great that she loves running so much, what a healthy pastime. And I have to tell you, I can't imagine. I'm still loving your music.

Catherine said...

I googled it . . . How fun. I didn't realize it was up here by us. And I bet the run is absolutely beautiful. Go Mothers!

Leslie said...

Go Mothers!
Did you know that when Annie Laurie was little she used to always say, "Go Mama." Any time we were at a red light and the light switched to green she would say it. "Go Mama."
Mary Kate recently noticed that my kids call me Mama.
It seems like they always call me that when they are in a good mood.
They usually sing it to me like, "Mama ooh-oooh-ooh-ooh... or it's Hey-Hey Mama or, even this, Mamacita. It really started with Jacob. And
Holly calls me Mama La.
It's kind of funny, but I love it. It seems like a Southern thing to do, and I LOVE Southern authors so it doesn't bother me at all.
Mare and I had this discussion and then she called to tell me that on Arrested Development whenever the daughter wants something she calls her mother and says, "Hi Mama."

Anyway, Holly-La said it is absolutely beautiful where she is, but today she is exhausted.
We are all on Holly watch and waiting for her texts.
I don't know How-how-how she is doing it either.

Leslie said...

Katie,
I loved it when you ran your 5K! I loved seeing your pictures.
You ran it after having four kids, so know it was impressive.

Catherine said...

I remembered when I read that Annie Laurie always told you, "go mama." So funny. I love Mama-La. It's perfect for you. Does she call Mike Papa-La, like in Father of the Bride. Annabelle calls me "Mama Mia" I say it every now and then and Annabelle asked me what it meant, I told her it means, "My Mom" so she calls me "Mama Mia."

Still loving your song and my kids love it too.

MK and Co. said...

What the what! How many miles did you say. Was that a misprint. Surely you meant 15 miles and not 150! One, five, Zero? Ughhhhh...Holly you're amazing.....I don't think we can be friends anymore..... Maybe if you were ugly or something I might be able to stand all this athleticism. You can't be beautiful and talented. You know you can't have everything Holly.
No I'm just teasing about the part of not being your friend anymore but not about the part of you being amazing and beautiful.This is such an accomplishment. You should be so proud. I love hearing about these serious Girl athletes in the family. I'm so proud and impressed! Holly for President!

Seth and Julie said...

I'm with Mary Kate...I was rubbing my eyes and double checking to see if I imagined that 0, or if I missed a decimal point or something. I had no idea the human body was capable of such feats. Kudos to Holly!

Leslie said...

Holly for President!
She would be the sweetest, kindest President the world has ever known because not only is she a long distance runner, she is a sweet, sweet girl. She loves everything and everything makes her happy. She is exactly the same as when she was little.

ok, Julie and Mary I am laughing because everyone has thought it was a misprint. I heard it with my own ears when Holly told me what she was doing and I thought it was a misprint!

Also Julie, I loved your blog about summer. I love the freedom....no schedules, no hairbrushing, no worries! ( Sadly I only last an hour or two before I go searching for the hairbrush, hairspray and hairbands.) But, I do love summer.

Catherine said...

We just ate OREO fudge creams and we LOVE them. All of us. They are delicious and full of creamy goodness. It's the best part of the OREO and then it's covered in chocolate. YUM!

Katie and Mark said...

Thanks Leslie, and Holly has my vote for President! :)

Jack & Rosie said...

Hey that's up on by our neck of the woods. Congratulations on the Ragnar. I hope your team finished. You probably past right by Rosie and me because we were by the Jordanelle dam and saw a bunch of crazy runners with their support vehicles.