I thought I would write about these cookies because I just opened a package and ate six of them. I didn't eat dinner, and I ran 3 miles today so I like to think it's ok. I'm posting about another foreign cookie because I think they are so much better than American cookies. I've been eating these for years, and maybe you remember me packing these in the picnic basket when we would go to Gunlock. I think they're delicious. I gave them to Tracy once because they're so good that I wanted her to have some. She thought they were the worst cookie she'd ever eaten. I think she and her husband spit them out. She even told me, "That's some palate you've got there." Well, these are just one of my favorite foreign cookies. I was thinking about them because I ate so many today. I hope someone else out there thinks they're as delicious I do.



10 comments:
I always like to start the bidding, so here goes:
This was funny to me. Mallory's boyfriend told her that he thinks I'm a great cook, but there's no variety.
I laughed so hard when she told me and agreed with him completely. There are so few things I like that it's impossible to have a variety.
Lately, my latest is Tacos twice a week, and Pasta twice a week. It makes cooking so much easier without a variety. What if they had a cooking show called The Variety Show and it was all about No Variety.
You could watch the cook make the same thing over and over again until you were sick of it.
Actually, Sunday we had a roast. I should have had Mallory bring her boyfriend.
All right, well, I thought it was an accurate statement and it made me laugh.
Hello, my rut loving friend. It's a good thing that your routine is 100 percent delicious. I'm telling you, tacos are the most delicious rut you ever got stuck in. Now, as for the cookies, I'm not too keen on them, I'm sorry to tell you. Although, I do love a good hob nob, as you know. West has been talking to me straight for the last ten minutes about some cupcakes he saw so I'm not sure I'm even making sense. I want to shut off, but I feel guilty after all the times I couldn't listen to him today to add something else to my list. I can't listen this time because I"m leaving a comment on Leslie's blog. Now he's moved on to the hanger 15 race. I have no idea what he is talking about, but I'm nodding my head. Why doesn't he want to tell Shane anything? Poor kid, he ought to sign up for my class if he wants me to listen to his comments. Actually he is in my class, but since he is related to me, I can tell him to hold on a minute. All day long. Now he's telling me that German is a funny language. And now he's on the Kingdom of the Crystal skull. Now it's the ice cream man. Something happens to his brain at night time, I'm telling you. Good night, I had better go listen. Now he is singing. It's almost 11 at night.
Did you read Mary's comment about kids should come with a warning label: May cause complete and utter exhaustion.
Can we add may talk incessantly to the label as well.
Remember when Holly used to climb in bed with me when she was little and I would have to really explain to her that we were not going to talk anymore, and that it was quiet-reading time.
Then she would agree with me and say I know, I love to be quiet at quiet reading time, it's so fun to think about everything that happened today, and to think about my friends and the books I want to read. "Could you read this story about Frances?"
Sometimes I would just give up.
Remember when Dad picked her up from Bluefield and drove all the way to his work, the bank, and home again and told me she talked the entire time?
She was little, too and luckily, he was laughing when he told me and thought she was so funny.
Ohhhhh Holllly!
That was so funny with West, too. Laurie always laughs at me because she knows I get to listen to ALL the kid's stories. They all want to tell me things.
At church it was so funny because right after Laurie pointed this out even Kennedy, Tracy's daughter came up and wanted to tell me her ABC's Backwards! Remember the kid who said, "Mrs. Montano I can count to 100 and then proceeded to do so!
Annie always wants to tell me things while we're at the movies...in the movie, watching the movie.
Last weekend I finally had to tell her in pure frustration that when she talks during the movie, not only can I not understand what she says, but that I can't understand what the movies saying either. I think she felt bad, but I told her I would be happy to answer any question or listen when the dialogue in the movie ends.
I know I'm in a rut, but I love to be. Even this week, I have worn the exact same thing every day. It's such a relief to me not to have to think about what to wear. I'm back to my Segway routine again.
Tacos have been my rut for years. If I ever quit eating them you'll know I'll be about to die or something because it could mean the end of the world.
Tracy calls it my Suck and Kill mode because I suck the life out of it and kill it for her! Which, as I'm sure you guessed made me laugh.
I've been working on the marinara and pasta recipe of your's and Catte's. I think it's a combination of both of yours, and I've been trying to get it down just so, the way I want it, and I think I've got it.
It is DELICIOUS, so I've been eating that twice a week for about a month, now and driving everyone crazy serving it. I expect them to love it, and never get tired of it, too.
Well, it's the morning and the kids are fighting and quarreling about something. They are fighting over the straightener and calling each other names.
Can we add that to the warning label, too?
I will have to try those and see which side I'm on.
I am also laughing at the no variety comment. I tend to focus on about 5-6 dinners and hang on to them more tightly than is really comfortable for anyone. After about a month I will move on to 5-6 new dinners...and so on.
And I am laughing at the conversation about kids talking too much. Just yesterday I told Seth that I try really hard not to just smile and nod at the kids because I could tell when my mom was doing that to me. BUT....they just talk too dang much! AND they talk about the silliest stuff, some makes me laugh but some is just too easy to tune out. I am sure that when I was a child my rambling was always engaging though so I am not sure why I always got the smile and nod treatment.
I love these cookies. I 8 them w/ u n SG. I thought thet were delish. Love tacos and pasta and cooking ruts, too.
Blahhhh!!!! I do not like those cookies at all. In fact I think it is an insult to other cookies to put those things in the same category. More like a weird cracker spread with some chocolate stuff in the middle and then another weird cracker on top. You and your foreign food!
I love your taco rut. If you have to be in a rut what could be better than to be in one with a taco?
I just love your posts. They make my day. They really do! But not those cookies. Gosh no!
Bahahahahahhahah!!!!
I am laughing at everyone's comments, but can't write back one bit because I HAVE TO TEACH ON SUNDAY
and I am frantically trying to finish because it's ERIN LEIGH'S birthday tomorrow and Saturday is swamped with waterpolo! Season started yesterday!
Taco Rut and pizza hut. Maybe we should open a restaurant.
I stand by these cookies no matter what, even if they have a weird spread and another weird cracker on top. I could never give them up. Gosh no!
Julie,
I'm glad you're in the very little and no variety camp with me.
As for the smile and nod treatment, I've been doing it for about 25 years, maybe even longer because I remember a lot of little brothers and sisters telling me all about a lot of cartoons!
Actually, I really do try and listen to what they tell me. If I don't, I end up giving permission to things I didn't mean to. Half the time I can hardly hear what they're telling me anyway, so I feel like I'm always straining to listen. But there's so much to listen to that The Smile and Nod Method is always used, too.
Hello. It's your turn. Are you done visiting teaching so you can give us an insider's peek into a very private literary shut-in?
Oh, I am laughing!
I am a private literary shut-in! I could stay in my house cooped up all day just reading and writing, but there are so many interruptions....like drop offs and pick ups, and visiting teaching.
Why....Why...Why....when I visit teach do the dogs go straight to ME!!!! They don't even go near my partner. They come straight to me, drool on my feet, sit on my lap and stare at me.
Now I smell like a dog! Gosh!
Post a Comment