


I'm having An-Out-Of-Order day, which really means out of My Order and off schedule. Whenever this happens I have to internally convince myself that it is all right to do so. The mantra in my mind on days like this is: I have control of time and I can organize it how I please.
When I woke up this morning it was raining. My bed never feels better to me than in the morning, and it feels even better when it's raining. I planned on getting up to run at 6:00 am, but I stayed in bed reading until 6:45. I missed my chance to run before getting the kids out the door so I decided to work on dinner instead. I went straight to the kitchen and made rice and beans, 2 batches of homemade salsa, and put the chicken on for tacos. Erin Leigh was so excited I was cooking so early that she quickly got dressed and spent the morning helping me before school.
I know I've said it before, but I named that girl the right name. She is just like Aunt Erin and LOVES to cook. She will help with anything in the kitchen. She also loves to go to the market with me and wants to know the names of all the vegetables and herbs in the produce section. She always asks what they are used for and what you can cook with them. She might just surprise all of us and end up the most domestic of us all.
After I dropped The Littles off at school I came home and ran 3 miles. I've resumed running again since the Thanksgiving eating weekend and was surprised I could run 3 miles this morning. I think it was because Annie Laurie loaned me her Ipod Shuffle. It was so much better and easier, and time went by much faster with music. It made me wonder why I hadn't run with music before. I'll probably never run without it again.
Later on in the morning I went out in the rain to buy a newspaper. I've tried to give it up because it's a want more than a need, but I can't bear it. I'm too lonesome without it. I miss The Editorial page, The Daily Jumble, The Crossword puzzle, The Thursday Movie Section, and most of all, The Sunday Paper. It's my reward after my morning chores are finished. It's part of my routine and regimen and I love routine and regimen. When I don't have it I end up spending more money going out and buying it every day than I would continuing my subscription. It just doesn't feel right if my morning paper isn't delivered, and I should probably just break down and renew my subscription today.
Later on in the morning I went out in the rain to buy a newspaper. I've tried to give it up because it's a want more than a need, but I can't bear it. I'm too lonesome without it. I miss The Editorial page, The Daily Jumble, The Crossword puzzle, The Thursday Movie Section, and most of all, The Sunday Paper. It's my reward after my morning chores are finished. It's part of my routine and regimen and I love routine and regimen. When I don't have it I end up spending more money going out and buying it every day than I would continuing my subscription. It just doesn't feel right if my morning paper isn't delivered, and I should probably just break down and renew my subscription today.
Erin called me this morning and we had a great time talking, then Mallory came home and I had to give her a ride back to school because it was raining. Before I knew it it was 1 o'clock and I had to get in the long parking lot line to pick up Erin Leigh because it was still raining.
I still have 20 items of clothing to iron; blouses, shirts, and pants, as well as a stack of linen napkins. And, I still haven't had a chance to read the paper. Which brings me back to my mantra: I have control of time and can organize it how I please. But what I really think is this:
I should have gotten up earlier.
I still have 20 items of clothing to iron; blouses, shirts, and pants, as well as a stack of linen napkins. And, I still haven't had a chance to read the paper. Which brings me back to my mantra: I have control of time and can organize it how I please. But what I really think is this:
I should have gotten up earlier.



7 comments:
Two other things were off kilter today, too.
When I got back from getting the newspaper I realized the kitchen sink water was STILL on. Who knows how long it had been running. I usually fill up the sink every morning with hot, soapy water so it could have been running a LONG time.
I blame it on my bad hearing because I don't hear the sound of it running. It happens in bathrooms, too and water can be dripping and I won't notice it at all until I actually see it.
The other off kilter nonsense I had was in accidentally deleting my entire post! It was so frustrating, that I sat down and wrote something else entirely different. I think it's just one of those days.
Mmmmm....Your dinner is making my mouth water. And, a watery mouth this early in the morning is probably not a good thing! :)
Erin Leigh soudns like a great buddy to have around.
I just started walking/jogging/very SLOW jogging, and I don't think I have ever hit three miles yet! Pat yourself on the back. Good job! I have not tried to use Mark or Kaden's IPOD, and I am thinking I need to try. Maybe if I listen to music, I might be able to run three miles-or maybe not-but I bet it would be more fun!
The last post was from me, Katie, I am at Courtney's house and just realized it was HER name I was on! Sorry...
Katie,
Are you down? That's great.
I haven't talked to your Mom since her terrible-horrible no good horrific experience out of town.
How long are you here for?
We should all run something together, either here in CA or in St.George.
Tell Court Hey for us. Last time I saw her was at your house.
Have a fun time with everyone, and let me know if you guys are all trying to get together, so we can tag along.
Katie,
Are you down? That's great.
I haven't talked to your Mom since her terrible-horrible no good horrific experience out of town.
How long are you here for?
We should all run something together, either here in CA or in St.George.
Tell Court Hey for us. Last time I saw her was at your house.
Have a fun time with everyone, and let me know if you guys are all trying to get together, so we can tag along.
I wakeup every morning with that same thought in my head, "I should have gotten up earlier." Everyhing goes smoother on the days that I do. I wish I had three hours every morning to myself before anyone wakes up. But I can't quite seem to drag myself out of bed any earlier. I'm tired. Children seem to have that effect on me. The should put that the label for children, may cause total and utter exaustion.
I love your new background. Light blue and red are such a happy color combination. Got to run. I'm between ortho appt. and piano. Loved your post! Bye Les!
Oh,that made me laugh:
A label on children: May cause total and utter exhaustion.
I just read something last night that said marriage may solve the problem of loneliness, but it also means more time doing monotonous chores. Throw children in the mix and that means more chores and exhaustion. It's what we were born to do. Just ask Marjorie Hinckley's daughter.
Wasn't this your background last year? Catte said it was mine, but I think it was yours. You love light blue.
I'm great about getting up early just to get up and get ready, but as far as getting up early to workout and run---I don't want to.
I'm amazed that I got up so early and worked out daily and sometimes twice a day when I was young!
What was I thinking?
I'm glad you liked the post. It was kind of serious...but I am serious.
From now on I'll try not to be serious. From now on I'll only to be ridiculous.
Post a Comment