CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving Vacation

One of the best things about Thanksgiving is that my kids get the entire week off from school. I love having a modified traditional school year because we get vacations throughout the year. We are all looking forward to the break from our regular schedules and the nightly homework. When vacation comes it feels like we've been given a gift of an entire week of Fridays. Everyone is relaxed and The Littles and Mallory will stay up later than usual, and then stay in bed in the morning and read. Everyone wakes up slowly, quietly and unrushed. My kids know that if they're reading, I won't disturb them. They can read as much as they want with my approval and I will bring them toast and a drink if they want me to.
Next week will be filled with Christmas music, decorating, all the preparations for the cooking marathon, and my kids working on their legos, puzzles and projects. It is actually one of my favorite weeks to be home. We're still thinking about coming to St. George, but the problem is that I love to be home. Mom did a great job of turning us all into homemakers who love hearth and home, but the unwitting side effect is that I never want to go anywhere. I am perfectly content to stay home. I just wish my home was closer to The Home Base.



6 comments:

Catherine said...

I love your Snoopy picture.

Happy Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving sounds fun at your house. I want to stay in bed and read all day and have someone bring me toast. Perhaps I should have a litte talk with Annabelle.

I hope you come up this week! I miss your littles. (Well I miss you, too, but in our family one hardly speaks of such things, and I already made of fool of myself in yesterday's comment section. =D ) Come here and we'll do puzzles and stay up late!

Leslie said...

I still don't know if we're coming or not, but I think we should. Jordan and Mallory are both planning to spend part of the day at their Signifcant other's homes so that means it will just be Mike and I and The Littles at our home.
We may end up coming, because even if we stay home they won't be home.
Well, we shall see.

I think I alarmed everyone with my post yesterday. Jake told me to delete it.
I told him I wasn't mad. I was annoyed but I still thought it was funny, too. I told him he should have read the comments, as well.
The comments are my favorite part.
And I thought yours was funny yesterday.

Well, I will call you if we decide to come so you can pick out a pretty puzzle for us to put together.

Leslie said...

I meant to write were instead of was: were funny.
Your comments were funny yesterday not was.

Prudy said...

Hello, I must be going.
Are you coming? are you going to keep us guessing till it's time to carve the turkey? Are you just trying to get out of your pot luck assignments?
I'm late, I'm late so I really am going to go, but I hope you will come. E

Leslie said...

Hello, I must be going,
I came to say I cannot stay, I must be Go----ing!

I've had a Marx Bros. morning.
Jordy and The Littles watched them last night, and when he came home for his break from work he put them on again.
I love them. I've been in love with Harpo for years.
I always fall hard for a good Funny Man.

Anyway, I have no idea what I'm doing.
And I will bring, do, stir, chop, wash, scrub, vacuum anything and do whatever you want me to to contribute.
I'll even bring in the dumpster and all the trash barrels if Dad assigns it to me.

Seth and Julie said...

I hear your dilemma. I am such a home body too and there is something about a lazy week at home that just feels so good, but the hustle and bustle of a road trip and laughing 'til your face hurts with family is so rich. To be honest, I wish I was heading out somewhere but this time we are doing the lonely, lazy week instead and I do intend to enjoy it thoroughly.

As for the jerks post, don't delete it. I type lots of posts that I later think I should have moved to a personal journal and deleted, but I am who I am, and I love honest blogging.