CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Julie's Blog

I've been reading Julie's blog, The Johnson's in Wisconsin, and thoroughy enjoying it. Julie can write. She's honest, smart, funny and insightful. I feel like I've gotten to know her from her writing and it's been fun to be able to have a glimpse into her life. Her children are so cute, Alyssa is beautiful, and her family is happy. Life in Wisconsin seems wonderful and it made me wonder if I could move there, live by lakes, go fishing, and have mountains of leaves in my yard.
I especially enjoyed her post about Jeff and was touched by his kindness to her and her love for him. Her post about Glen on his birthday was so funny and also kind, as was her post about Grandma. I think Aunt Susie's kids knew Grandma best, at her best, and it was sweet to read about their good times and the love and gratitude Julie has for her.
As I read Julie's blog she reminded me of Holly because she is such a nice big sister who always played board games with her siblings. She had many nice things to say about her brothers and sisters, and I laughed when I read that she and Jeff hid behind their bold, little sister Valerie, and that she would have to order for them at restaurants. She also said that everyone needs to have a Valerie in their life, and this reminded me of my bold child Mallory.
She has a strong testimony of the gospel, and I loved reading about her mission, and even now, am looking forward to her writing about how it was she went on a mission.
I was very impressed with her and most importantly I think her blog shows what a good person she is. Her writing made me want to know her better, and sad, too that I didn't while we were growing up. I realize I'm a hundred years older than she is but as cousins and members of the church it seems like that's enough to make us all great friends.
I'm happy she decided to post her blog on the family blog list because it's given us all a chance to know her better, and I really have enjoyed her writing. Her blog is worth reading.








8 comments:

Fantastic Mr. R said...

Les...I agree,and thanks for writing about it.
I have thought the same things and really enjoyed Julie's blog, too. Sometimes when I read her ideas, history, and struggles, I feel like we are living very similar lives. I keep thinking if she was in my ward, we would be friends. She is a good writer and it's fun to get to know her and their family better. Her kids are so cute and somehow I can see Julie, Jeff and Valerie in each of them. It's so fun.
I keep thinking on our birthdays I'm going to get around leaving her a comment or send her an email and tell her thanks for the good writing. It's refreshing to read about the real struggles of motherhood and life.
Likely she'll read this, so FYI Julie, I swear on Nov 25th I'm going to leave a happy birthday comment :).
Thanks again Leslie for writing what we all think.
ps...I love your blog, too .
H

Leslie said...

Heidi, I agree with you. We would be friends with her if she were in our ward. Well, you would be her friend and I would be old Sister Montano who liked her cute little family.
Although she loves reading and writing so maybe she would be friends with an old girl like me.
haha
She loves Steinbeck and her blog made me want to pick up his books and read them.
I can see Jeff, Julie, and Valerie in her kids, too.
I've had a good time reading about her life and will be one of her regular readers from now on.

And thanks for saying you love my blog, too.After reading Julie's I thought mine was boring!

Catherine said...

I've been stalking Julie's blog, too. And I agree with you. It's very good.

Heidi and I are in kahootz, because I keep thinking I'll leave her a comment on our birthday and come clean about the stalking, too. =D.

Do you want me to add her blog to your blog list? Let me know. I can show you how to do it, it's not hard at all.

And I agree with Heidi, your blog is very good, too.

And you're not a hundred years older than Julie. You spent the last 7 years of your life, saying that you were 7 years older than you really are, now you should fib in the reverse and tell everyone that you're really 35! That only makes you one year older than Julie . . . I think.

Leslie said...

Catte,
Yes, please add her blog to my blog list. If I had known how I would have done it already,
Thank you for offering.

Don't forget, now I'm 48. I can't bring myself to say 49 but 48 is do-able. 48 is great. I'm trying to get used to it.

Seth and Julie said...

Leslie,

I was already having a crying kind of day and you may have just put me over the top. Thank you for posting this. It means so much to me. I agree with all of you that we should have hung out more often when we lived in each other's back pockets but I am happy to hang out right here and now in Blogland.

Your blog is not boring. It is great! You are much better at expressing yourself in a clear and concise way. I have a tendency to run on and on and on, as this very comment illustrates.

If we were in the same ward we would totally be friends. I was just thinking on your b-day post that it is unfair that you are 42 and look younger than me. I have the most beautiful talented cousins. If you knew how much I look up to all of you (always have) it would probably creep you out.

Heidi and Catherine, I always think of you on our shared birthday every single year. It is so fun to have that tie to my long lost cousins. Do you blog? I would love to stalk all of you.

Thanks again Leslie. I don't think anyone has ever done a post dedicated to me.

Leslie said...

Julie,
That was so nice of you. I'm so glad you didn't mind. I love your blog. Erin and I were just talking about it on Sunday.
We think you're so funny, and a good mother, sister, AND writer.
All of us are wishing we had been better friends.

Some of your posts made me cry. I thought they were so sweet and I loved seeing pictures of Grandma and Grandpa on your blog and the picture of your Dad, too. I loved reading your kind words about your brother and about Grandma, and learning about your experiences with them.
You can write, Julie. You have talent, and are very good at expressing emotion, kindness, and humor. After reading your blog, I really thought you could be published.

That was nice of you to say you look up to your talented cousins. I look up to them (my sisters), too.
And I'm so glad you said we'd be friends. I thought we would too, but I didn't want to be presumptuous and assume you'd be willling to hang out with a 42 year old.
Also,we always remember you on your birthday. Every year you're written and included on the calendar with Heidi and Catherine.

Thank you for not minding about me writing about you and your blog. I almost posted your picture with the post, but worried about proper blog etiquette and being invasive.
I'm sorry you were having a crying kind of a day. I have those days, too, but know that I came away from your blog thinking what a good person you are. It showed in your writing, and you didn't even have to try.
Also, thank you for all the nice things you said. I really have enjoyed your writing and I'm looking forward to more.
I've loved reading about your life and family and will probably become a frequent commenter.
Thanks for commenting today, Julie.
I'm so glad you joined in and posted your blog on the list.
I love it.

Prudy said...

Pass the popcorn and the kleenex. It's really getting fun around here. I love Julie's blog too, but I suspect she knows that by now, since I can't stay away for longer than five minutes. Maybe Leslie and Julie should get together and write the great American novel. I'll make cookies for the book signing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Leslie,

Julie gave me the link to your blog and this is such a sweet post about her!! I will have to start reading all of the Renouf cousins blogs from now on. I'm not sure if Julie mentioned it, but we have the coolest videos of the whole family back in the day. We love watching them and laughing our way down memory lane.

By the way, I LOVE your "Jerks" post. So honest and hilarious!