CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Quote Of The Day

Recently, at piano lessons I ran out of things to read, and all I could find was the May 2009 edition of Newsweek. I generally like my news to be a little more current than that, but I did come across something wise while I was reading old news. In a column written by James Poniewozik he said, "There's no greater act of faith than filling up a house with kids and trusting that ends will somehow meet."I thought it was a profound statement and an accurate description of a great act of faith. Although, as a parent I don't think you realize what a tremendous act of faith it is until you are actually immersed in raising your children and managing a household. That's when you realize that there is a great deal of uncertainty involved in the whole process. I could add a few more things that are also uncertain and require a great deal of faith, but I think I'd better hold my tongue. In fact, I'll say no more.



























2 comments:

Babs Renouf said...

I would like to make a small comment about reading material that might be considered dated, wisdom can be found in many places, but surprisingly it is found in the past. Your "new" discovered truth is wise and true. It is one of those great statements discovered in the realm of home, love and sacrifice. Glad you discovered and shared this with us. Love, Mom

Leslie said...

I agree there is wisdom to be found in the past but I like my news to be current, which is why I was a little disappointed to have to read five month old news.
But, I did appreciate his statement, and I'm glad you did, too.

Also, thanks for all the interesting articles and The Mom of a BYU student apron. I will wear it proudly when I'm making 500cookies for Mallory and all her friends.