CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 6, 2008

This Story Is For Erin



Erin, I thought you would appreciate this story since you always appreciate Mike's humor. On Saturday at Priesthood meeting Mike told me Elder Uchdorf gave a great talk. There were other talks given as well, but after the meeting Mike saw a man in our ward who is in his 50's and has a full head of white hair like Elder Uchdorf. Mike doesn't really know this man very well, but when Mike saw him he said to him, " Hey Dieter."
When Mike told me this I laughed so hard. He said Brian (Tracy's husband) was with him, and laughed hard, too. Mike told me this story like he was telling me he was doing something mundane like going to the market, so when I heard, "Hey Dieter," it surprised me and made me laugh even harder. I wasn't expecting the story to be funny. I thought it was so funny that he didn't call him, Uchdorf or Elder Uchdorf, but just "Dieter!" Dieter!
Now, that man is always going to be "Dieter." Anyway, I had to tell you. I know you'll think it's funny.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Darn it, there's a "t" in his name. I left it out!
Uchtdorf.
Oh well. He'll always be Dieter now to me, anyway.

Leslie said...

Darn it, there's a "t" in his name. I left it out!
Uchtdorf.
Oh well. He'll always be Dieter now to me, anyway.

Leslie said...

Hey Catte,
Did you add everyone to my bloglist? Thanks so much. You always help me.

Catherine said...

Yes Leslie, that was me! I had a minute today so I hacked your blog! If you want me to change it so next to each blog name, there's a little picture from the latest post, let me know. And if there's anyone else you want me to add to the list let me know.

That story about Mike is a crack up! From now on I think we should all Mike, Deiter! Very European! Maybe we should all take European names while we're in Europe! You could be Franceska (spelling?) and I could be Catarina. And Mike can be Deiter! I think we should think of European names for everyone! Mom especially needs a European name. When we went before, Mom's cousin didn't hardly know what to make of her name! Alright, so let's get on renaming the family!

Leslie said...

Catte, yes, I'd love to have everyone's picture by their blogname. Can we add Michal Johnson's blog, too.
I read her blog all the time, and really like it.
She does a good job, and I always like to hear about what she is reading.

By all means, let's rename the whole family.
Mom's relatives should just call her Barbarina, or maybe Angelina, since that's what she used to call Holly.

I am still laughing about Dieter! "Hey Dieter." It sounds so funny.

Prudy said...

That is hilarious! Yes, this story is for me. Mike always has the most unaffected delivery for his jokes, making it ten times as funny. Shane is quickly turning into Dieter too, so it's good to have that nickname on hand.
And by the way, how did the man respond? I'd love to hear that too.
It's about time I learn to spell Uchtdorf since I couldn't write down how much I enjoyed his women's conference address because I didn't know how to spell his name. See the kinds of fears that paralyze me?