Blog Archive
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
-
Let's Watch Conference12 years ago
-
-
-
Wise Men Still Seek Him13 years ago
-
-
-
-
Excited for YOSEMITE!!!!!!!!15 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
My Blog List
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Things I Don't Love
Well, it's Monday, which is an important chore day for everyone since we're all recovering from the weekend and The Sabbath.
( I loved General Conference, by the way. I always do. I know we all do. Although, I do get tired of having the TV on for so long. I loved President Monson and all his levels, layers and literary references in his talks. I should post his picture on Friday Favorites. And doesn't Elder Wirthlin seem like the nicest, kindest man? Can you imagine getting lost with nine kids in the car and just laughing it all off? And especially winding up back in Nevada? Amazing.)
Mary Kate and I keep going back and forth with the things we love and don't love, so here are a few of my non loves.
Everyone knows I can't stand a mess. But, I really cannot stand things on the floor. I don't mind if clothes are thrown on a chair, bed, bench, or table, but if it's on the floor, it could make me cry. I REALLY don't like it. It's disturbing to me.
Unloading the dishwasher is one of my unfavorites because it has to be unloaded so many times a day. I don't mind the top rack. It's the bottom I dread. Also, I don't enjoy sweeping the kitchen floor. I think it's the dustpan. Give me a vacuum any time, but give the broom to the kids.
As for the music, I really cannot stand that I have to be exposed to so much bad music when I go in stores, or at a Dr. or Dentist office. I wish places would shut off the music and let us shop in silence, or at least play only instrumental music.
I can't stand that I have to hear a dumb Duran Duran song, or the song My Girl or any other Motown music playing. I was recently told it is due to my poor hearing. One of the questions I had to answer with my ear surgeon was if certain sounds bothered me. I had a huge list. So many sounds are annoying for me and it turns out it is because what I hear is not properly processed and creates a disturbance. Anyway, I really resent having to hear so many dumb songs and the worst part is when the song continues to play in my mind. That's what I really can't stand.
A couple of other things Mare and I couldn't stand don't have a google image to post because it's behavior. Mary can't stand unenthusiastic greeters. I understand this, too because I like for people to be happy to see me, and especially when they haven't seen me. This is really Mare's pet peeve, but I get it. My abstract pet peeves are rudeness. If someone is verbally rude, I immediately dismiss them. Also, I can't stand bossy. I don't like to be bossed and when someone does I immediately shut off. Only a few privileged people are allowed to boss me! And lastly, I really have a hard time when people make negative You statements about someone. I can't stand it when someone tries to categorize someone with...You...are this...or You do this.....or You always.... ,especially if it's negative. That's a no in my book. The only negative You statements should be I statements about one's own self.
Maybe this is a terrible idea. It's turning into a gripe session. Well, this may be the last of the Monday Morning Groanings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Propriety: noun: conformity to established standards of behavior or manner, suitability, rightness or justice. See "etiquette."
-Burnsie-
Popular Posts
-
If you haven't watched this movie could you please go straight to a Red Box, find it and watch it. It was ridiculous & absurd and I...
-
Here she is. Here is The Littles new dog. They wanted one so much that we gave in and let them have one. Doesn't she look like Girlie?...
-
I have a funny story about this movie, or should I say a frustrating story. For weeks I'd wanted to see this movie, but it never worked...
-
All right, Sisters of The Yah-Yah Club, Where are all the comments? We need to get our Quilting Bee going again. Obviously, we need better ...
-
Remember how in Meet Me In St Louis Tootie says she's so lucky to be born in her favorite city. Well, that's how I feel about Fall. ...
-
These are my latest addiction. They come in a bright, red bag. I usually eat the cheddar kind in the yellow bag, but when Erin was down sh...
-
The Littles went back to school today, and were happy to return. Actually, Erin Leigh was happy and Annie Laurie was semi-happy. That's ...
-
Is everyone ready or frantically getting ready for our trip? I'm so excited to go and am looking forward to being all together. I can ha...
-
I received my legal and signed document today from my ear surgeon. I have been officially excused from jury duty for the rest of my life du...
-
Just in case anyone had any doubt, which I doubt that anyone did, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is officially my new Magnificent Obsession. ...



4 comments:
Hurray for Monday Morning groanings! I love all your pet peeves. Well I don't love them, but I love that you shared them! And MK's biggest pet peeve will always remind me of a certain unhappy someone.
MK: Hi _______. How are you today?
CERTAIN UNHAPPY SOMEONE: Humph.
Too funny. Did I tell you that I found that certain unhappy someone's blog? Too funny.
Thankyou for sharing your Monday Morning Grievances. Now I have to go perform my Monday Morning Grievances!
Catte,
You did tell me and I thought it was funny.
I love that it happened to Mary, and that this person didn't even bother to pretend she wasn't in a good mood.
I think this will be the last of my grievances. I almost deleted it. I've been doing that lately.
"Just another manic Monday, ooohhhh." Sorry! I could not resist. I was inspired by your pet peeve of hearing awful music in stores and I knew this song would fall into this category. Sorry!
Mondays really are no fun. When I went on you blog I could not believe seeing a picture of a messy room on it! It was so unexpected and foreign on Leslie's blog! Is it killing you to keep seeing that picture?
I saw something on the show Planet Earth that reminded me of you. There were these little fish that would swim back and forth over smooth mounds of sand. If any tiny seashell falls on their mound the fish would frantically swim over to it and push it off their mound. They can't stand anything on their mounds of sand. I was watching it and I was thinking hey, I have a sister who does that too!
I love all of your post. Please don't ever delete any of them. Then you'll have a little fish sister frantically looking for that deleted post!
Mary, Hilarious about the fish.
Remember when I went to Yosemite when Jordy was a baby? I couldn't stop sweeping out my tent. I am one of those fish. Did they say what caused the compulsion? It's probably just instinct.
Yes, the picture is KILLING me. It is so disgusting.
Sometimes Holly's room really does look like this. When I see it I feel severe internal distress.
Here's the thing with me about Mondays.
I like Monday. I like everyone back to routine and schedules. I prefer the weekday to the weekend.
You know this. I only like Friday night.
Thanks for not wanting me to delete my posts.
I have a love\hate relationship with blogs.
But, then again, I seem to have that with almost everything.
Post a Comment