CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Aunt Laurie's Favorites





Aunt Laurie stayed with us last weekend. We saw Mamma Mia,which I liked and Laurie loved! She was disappointed I only liked it, so we bought the soundtrack and have listened to it all week. Now I love it and so do my kids. It's fun. I especially love that the music will always remind me of Laurie. Hairspray reminds me of her, too.
We also watched The Birds for our Slumber Party. This movie terrified me when I was little, and I am still afraid of birds, and especially seagulls at the beach. Uuugghhhh!!!! They always want to walk on my towel. Erin and Annie literally laughed at some of the scenes because they thought they were so fake. But, the next day Erin Leigh would not step foot in the front yard because of a group of crows on the lawn and in the street! I was on the porch and she kept opening the window and pleading,"Mom, get in the house."
Saturday morning we caught the last 15 minutes of How The West Was Won on TV. Once at Family Reunion I made Laurie watch the entire movie with me late at night. Every time she dozed off I had to wake her up. She said it was the longest movie she ever saw. She thought it was five hours long. Any time it's on TV I call her. I had called her a few weeks ago at 11:00pm to tell her it was on. Her response was, "Oh Goody." As usual, it's a movie that reminds us of our childhood and Mom and Dad. I think we should watch it again in its entirety for our next Slumber Party. She'll be so excited.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I was hoping that Laurie would play this game, too! I'm so glad you forced her into it. I want to see Mama Mia, but I really want the soundtrack. That is a crack up about Erin Leigh and the birds. I feel the same way. It looks so fake, but I'm still afraid of birds. Maybe we should all have a slumber party in Laurie's hotel room in Europe and watch How the West Was Won, to remind us of our American roots while we're abroad!

Prudy said...

I want to play this game too, but prudy is too busy posting food. I love to watch the birds in october. I find it scary but I'm still drawn to it. I want a convertible to drive to Bodega Bay in. I want to shake Melanie Daniels because she is cool and cryptic.

Leslie said...

Catte,
Blogs are terrible because you could write about anyone. There's no control. What if Laurie was posting my favorite things without me?
She's a good sport though, so I'm sure she won't mind. What's everyone wearing in Europe by the way?
How cold is it really going to be? I'll be sure to pack my How The West Was Won dvd for our Western Culture night!

Erin,
Melanie Daniels is a bold, cold, cryptic girl.
Can you imagine taking a boat across the bay and sneaking into a man's house who you only just met? Worst, of all then getting smacked in the head with a bird and bleeding all over yourself.
She wasn't even embarrassed!
One of the things I love about this movie, too is that there is no music. No dramatic music. There is only silence during the eery scenes and only the sound of the birds. Everyone looks on in terror and silence.

Catherine said...

Oh I hope Laurie does post your favorite things without you there! That could be lots of fun! Of course Laurie won't mind. It's not like you put that mud is her favorite thing.

What is everyone wearing to Europe? I've been wondering the same thing myself. I've checked November average temps for where we're going and I thing the range for temps will be 40-60 degrees. I'm just taking jeans. And a denim pencil skirt, in case we need to sort of dress up. I haven't figured out a pair of shoes though. So I hope that everyone will leave comments about what they're wearing. Oh funny story. Paul and I were just talking about that I want new shoes for Europe and I said, that I wanted boots and then Paul went on and on about what a good idea that was. And then I said that I didn't really think it was a good idea because I didn't think that they would be comfortable. He was talking about HIKING BOOTS!!! Can you imagine!