CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Friday Favorites



Mary posted her Friday Favorites so I thought I'd post some of mine. Aren't these great favorites? Don't forget the laundry and the ironing board. Ironing is an important part of my life. I do it a lot. My friend calls me, "Stiff and Starchy." Well, these are my chores, and I'm sure they're yours too, but Friday is ultimate chore day. Everything has to be done to get ready for the weekend. And when I get done, I get to sit and read the paper, eat a giant cup of ice, and drink my icy cold soda in the backyard with the sun shining on me. These are a few of my favorite things.
Actually, I loved Mary Kate's post, and she even wrote something about me being passionate about so many things. I wrote her a letter and basically summed it up as this: "I love to enjoy things, and love almost all things, and hope to fall in love with many more things. If there is anything delicious, funny, or love-worthy, I seek after these things."
I'm not being irreverent. The church borrowed these words originally from Paul. William James also borrowed them, and, well, I borrowed them, too. Of course, with me it could also go in reverse as I usually feel just as passionately about things I don't like or love, as well. But, I will save that for another time.
Also, Catherine helped me once again with my blog. Hurray. She always helps me. I thought it turned out great. Little sisters are the best.

11 comments:

Leslie said...

I just showed Mike my blog, and he said, "Diet Coke! Your Mom's gonna love that!"
Sorry, Mom. It's my only vice.
hahaha....I wish!

Familia Henao said...

Love the new blog!!! I like the purple and bats. The only thing is it's a little rough to read the words, otherwise A++

Leslie said...

Alex, it's impossible to read. I don't know how to fix it or why it didn't show up in orange or white instead.
Oh well. I'm glad you liked it. Mal is going to fix the print for me 2moro.
Thanks for the good grade!

Catherine said...

Leslie,
I love all your favorites. And I love Love LOVE your articles of favorite things! I laughed my head off! Too funny! And I love what Mike said about the diet coke! Too funny.

Leslie said...

Catte, I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.
Mare said she laughed, too. Anyway, it's true.
I hesitated on the soda, but it's one of my favorite things. It's my reward after my chores.
I want everyone to post their Favorite things.
Get going!

Leslie said...

Also, Catte, the music is great. Thank You a super lot for helping me get it all rearranged.
I love The Hephalump song. That ride is so cute at DIsneyland. It's Erin Leigh's favorite.

Prudy said...

Les-your photos in the slide show aren't working for us? Can you tell me what they were. All the pics in your sidebar are up for me. I wish we could talk. Next month can you sit by me? Mike can share a busbench with Shane.

MK and Co. said...

Leslie,
Love the new look! Love the music! Love all the things you love. What else are little sisters for but to think everything you love is wonderful and everything and everybody you hate the worse. I still have not found a sec to post my friday favorites yet. I started it but I have not finished it. That, my dear friend, could be the running theme of my life!

Leslie said...

Erin, I don't know what's wrong with the pictures. Mal is in charge of that for me.
I can't wait for the plane ride to Europe so we can catch up with everything. Yes, Mike can sit on a park bench with Shane and listen to us.
I hope Shane had a Happy Birthday yesterday. We thought of him and wondered if you made him his own special football cake.
I'm sure you did someting fun.
I"ll try to get the pictures working.

Leslie said...

Mary, I was really looking forward to your Friday post and was wondering what kind of shampoo you wanted to drink this week.
I was racing to keep up with you and made Mal help me in time for Friday!
The Littles even posted a "few of their favorite things," too. Maybe you could post what you hate on Mondays. I;m sure I hate the exact same things.

MK and Co. said...

Ohhhhhhh I love posting your idea about Mondays. It's a dreadful day. Your pictures are working now and I loved them. I'm so happy everyone is joining the Friday Favorite Party. It's so fun to think about little things that I love. I love hearing everyone else's favorites too. It really is a great topic.