CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Favorites

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I am late today in posting my Friday Favorites.  This week has been so busy with all day at Disneyland yesterday,  and then today's Birthday Breakfast for Tracy.  Tracy falls into the Friday Favorites category today since she is my Favorite and Funniest Friend.  She won't like that, so I'll just give her a nod and honorable mention.

Sees' candies is another one of my favorite watering holes,  since it's  "Like Water For Chocolate" for me.  Did that make sense?  Well, it's a book reference, anyway.
I love See's.  Last week Mal and I went to See's.  She laughed at me that I actually go specifically there for a few pieces of candy.  Mallory doesn't like chocolate so I couldn't explain it to her. She loves all the fruity, sour kind of candy I would never eat. 
The Littles are my See's Candies Buddies and I even included a picture of Erin Leigh's marshmallow pumpkins she loves.  Annie Laurie loves the caramel patties. We love to stop and get our favorite candy and take it to the movies.  My favorites are probably no one's favorites: Dark chocolate coconut creams.  
See's will always remind me of Grandma Renouf and the big chocolate Easter Eggs  she used to give us.  See's also reminds me of Dad and Mom since they always bought boxes in mass quantities for Christmas and gave them to anyone who knocked on our door; mailman, repairman, plumber, neighbors, wardmembers, their friends, our friends, and friends of the friendless.  All were welcome to a box of See's Candy.  
In the book, The Power of Nice,  the authors attribute some of their success (billion dollar advertising agency)  to the power of chocolate.  Chocolate enables the brain to create seratonin, a compound that can produce feelings of elation and ecastasy.  The phenylethylamine (yes, had to check spelling) in chocolate stimulates the brain's pleasure centers and produces many of the feelings of infatuation, including giddiness, attraction and excitement. 
Doesn't that explain everything? No wonder I love See's. 
 

3 comments:

Prudy said...

Finally Friday favorites. It's almost Saturday according to Dad's watch. I guess it's Ok since you have see's up. YOU know how I love See's. It contributed to my gigantic pregnancy weight gains. I loved to go to the mall and buy a piece or two, always nuts and chews. We have no See's here. But we have Dad at Christmas and that is the next best thing. We rented Wait until Dark for tonight. I had forgotten about it till I saw it hear.
Can I nod an honorable mention to Tracy from me? It's in the comment section instead of the main post so maybe it will be acceptable.

Leslie said...

Erin, I have been so busy.
I finally left you a comment on your blog.
Everything tastes better when I'm pregnant. I eat things I would never, ever typically eat, including drinking gallons of milk! And, I could never get enough chocolate.
We have Wait Until Dark sitting on our counter, but we still haven't watched it. I am not very good about watching a movie at home. I usually only sit down to do it in the theater, but I do love that movie.
In fact, the hairstyles with the big, poof in the back of the pony-tails these days, always remind me of this era.....the girl Lisa who is in the movie....that's what it reminds me of.
I'll tell Tracy you mentioned her in your comments.
She was funny today, like she always is. She can make anything funny!
I can't wait to see what you've got planned for next weeks blog.
You should join the Monday Mourning Grievances. You could write about bananas and post a recipe for banana bread. Or maybe I should.

Catherine said...

Leslie,
I cannot believe that you are a coconut lover! Very out of character for you! Doesn't a coconut count as fruit?

I love See's candy too, but I didn't start loving it until after Baby Paul was born.

It reminds me of Mom and Dad, too! They always have soooo much of it at Christmastime. Even for the friends of the friendless! Haha!