
Heidi always had this at her house in California. She always poured me a big tall glass full of ice, and she never forgot the straw.
The Marx Brothers. Everyone knows I love the Marx Brothers, especially Harpo. He's my Favorite Funny Man. I never get tired of watching him. The Marx Brothers are clever, ridiculous and always absurd. They remind me of Our Family, as in my own family, and most of all my children, since they grew up watching them and being them for Halloween. We always watch their movies through the holidays, and I am already looking forward to having Jake home during school break, so we can watch them again. Mostly we will just have the movie playing, and then everyone milling about the house will hear something funny, and have to stop and laugh, or sit down and watch the music scenes. The Marx Brothers are one of our All Time Family Favorites. 
John and Kate plus 8 is a show The Littles discovered. This family had twin girls and wanted more, and ended up having six babies at once. "Can you imagine?" So, they had 8 children under the age of four. This show chronicles their life, and The Littles are fascinated by it. We all are, and I'm always interested in watching the parent's interactions. Their life really is incredible, and often times looks exhausting, and frustrating, but they, especially Kate, have exceptional attitudes. They really do love their family and do their best to provide fun, learning, and happy memories.

This is a Favorite-favorite ride at California adventure. I thought it was adorable. It's cute, colorful and funniest of all to me, the slowest ride I've ever been on. I had no idea what the ride was like and laughed that it was such a slow ride, and over in no time. It also smells wonderful because they spray animal cracker scent in the air. Also, I LOVE the music from A Bugs Life. I really do. It is great music. It sounds like a Western film score. We are going to Disneyland and California Adventure next week, and the week after with Heidi. I can't wait to ride this Funny-Favorite ride.
And last but not least, Barnes and Noble, another one of my Favorite-favorites. The minute I walk through the doors I am happy, and every book seems fascinating. Best of all, is that I can call any time, from 9 am to 11 pm, and they will search for my books, and hold them at the front desk for me. It is full of my Favorite Things.

And last but not least, Barnes and Noble, another one of my Favorite-favorites. The minute I walk through the doors I am happy, and every book seems fascinating. Best of all, is that I can call any time, from 9 am to 11 pm, and they will search for my books, and hold them at the front desk for me. It is full of my Favorite Things. 



14 comments:
YEA! It's Friday! I love your favorites.
Let's see I think we have tried the loaded cookie dough ice cream and my kids love it because truly they just love the cookie dough, minus the ice cream. I'll try your kinds soon.
I love diet root beer--when I'm dieting. Come visit in six months and I'm sure I'll have a case. Which Marx Brother movie is a good one to watch? I want to order one but I'm not as familar with them?
I have seen the Kate-8 show a few times and think it is interesting too. They seem like very good people, and their kids are so cute. It is amazing to see how much easier their life is (in some ways) just a few years later. What else?
We love that ride too. The smells are so yummy. Ivy always says something like, 'I love candy corn' in a funny voice from that ride. Except what about when they spray the water? I'm always worried I will turn into a puffball.
Of course B and N is a great store and I love the smell of fresh books.
Thanks for the fun post and sorry for the megacomment!
Happy Friday!
Ivy has the best voices. "Helllooo." I can just picture her saying, "I love candy corn." Will you make sure she says it when we're on the next week. I can't wait to go. I'm so glad you are coming.
My favorite Marx Brothers are Duck Soup, Animal Crackers, and A night at the Opera. They're all funny, but Duck Soup is the best. It has the funny mirror scene it. The one Harpo later does with Lucy. But, of course this one's funnier.
And, don't ever apologize for a mega comment. I love mega comments. They're a Friday Favorite.
Catte,
Holly is on the computer and my laptop won't let me access your blog. So, I will leave you a comment later when Holly is done.
I love your Friday Fave, will have to try them, and know kids will love them.
Wasn't Heidi nice to list Mom's favorites instead of her own. Oh, Heidi!
Leslie,
I love that you had a comment all ready and waiting for me! I was so surprised to see a comment addressed to me, before I even left a comment!
Anyway I love your favorites! We've never had your favorite ice cream, so I'm excited to give it a try! I love ice cream!
I love John & Kate + 8 too! I'm fascinated by their crazy life and their amazing ability to live life and enjoy it amongst all that chaos! And they look like a fun family. They're always doing something fun. And Kate can't stand messes! Did you see the one where they went to the crayola factory? And she wouldn't let her kids use markers? I could sympathize!
I've only been on that bug ride once, and I hardly remember it. The next time I get to DCA I'll ride it and think of you!
Who doesn't love Barnes and Noble? I wish I could go and spend all the money I wanted and buy book after book!
Loved all your favorites! Can't wait to see what you'll post next week!
OH, I love Fri favorites. I want to join in but alas. Maybe someday. There is always something else that I need to write about. I love the sound of the ice cream. Tanji said that they have sunday sundaes. You get a scoop for each hour in church that you behaved plus any toppings you want. She says it really works for her family. They have the sundaes right when they come through the door. Now I want a Sunday sundae too.
We have a B and N here now as you know. We went the other evening and it is so relaxing and clean and fun for the whole family. I wish we could join you for D land. We had to postpone our D world trip for Sailor's Nutcracker. Can you imagine? Soon we won't be able to go anywhere. It seems like between all of her things we have at least one performance somewhere or rehearsal, etc. every week. Sometimes two. It keeps me going though since I have to leave the house for it. Sometimes I think I could just slip right into being a hermit. OK, I better run since I should be teaching school right now.
Alright Leslie,
You HAVE to comment to Michal now, because she just joined in on Friday's Favorites! Isn't she a lovely friend to have? Check her friday favorites and this time leave her a comment! :) She will love it.
H
Leslie,
You and I are in synch again. We both gave our NODS to things at Disneyland. Such a happy place. I love all of your Friday Favorites!
I really want to try this new ice cream. I love brownies right now so an Ice cream with those in it sounds divine.
I love the Marx brothers too. It was your group on Bluefield who first introduced these hilarious brothers to me. I love Harpo too. He has such big serious eyes at times and it always makes me laugh.
John and Kate is a great show. I cannot imagine that many little children running around. They do a good job I think at keeping it real and chaotic. Because you know it must be. And I like that John and Kate may snap at each other but you can see how committed they are to one another and their kids. They would have to be!
And lastly I love this ride too because unfortunately like our mother before us I get motion sickness on just about any ride but not this one because it's as slow as a snail. Or caterpillar. Do you know I can't even look at carnivals when I drive by them. It's true! Those bright spinning lights and garish signs make me ill.
Thanks for the great post! I loved it!
leslie! i found you! your profile doesn't show your blog, but i tracked you down by looking at who had been on my blog lately!:) tricky, eh?
i love the dryers loaded ice creams. my favorite is the peanut butter cup. yummy.
great playlist. i've had it running for at least an hour.
Oh,look Michal Johnson joined in.
Hurray! Michal I love your blog, and you always write the kindest comments about our family. It is so nice of you. I loved what you wrote about our Mom a while ago on Heidi's blog.
I was proud of you for writing about Prop 8 too. I need to write an editorial about it, but have had so much fun blogging that I have not yet done so.
I always remember when I first met you and Allie that my kids called Allie, Alice. We thought that was so funny. Also, we were watching The Perils of Pauline and I remember you laughed at everything, and I immediately thought, "Oh, this girl has a great sense of humor."
I'm so glad you joined in today.
I can't wait to read your Friday Favorites.
Everyone thanks for all the mega comments today. I love it. I never get tired of reading your thoughts.
I wish we all lived close so we could go to Barnes and Noble, Disneyland and California Adventure, Church and then home to Erin's for the new tradition of Sunday Sundaes after church.
Erin, I love Tanji's Tradition. I am adopting it as of this very Sunday. We usually eat great big sandwiches as soon as we walk in the door, but Sundaes are even better. Mallory and I had a big talk about you today and I told her about your college friend coming to see you last weekend.
Mallory can't wait to go to college, and I told her about how much fun it was for you. I also told her about Mark Baumarito (no idea..spelling, I know it's Italian...is it Bommarito?) because Mal was talking about Twilight. She said Edward wonderful and everyone (readers) falls in love with him, and that he sees something exceptional in this ordinary girl. It reminded me of that ridiculous story Mark Bommarito told you, and we were both laughing about it. Marks' story was so absurd which made it even funnier and I told Mallory you were beloved in high school and church, the life of every party and drama class, and that you were voted Most Talented.
I had to take Mallory shopping for homecoming, and we had a really nice day, and a good time remembering, "Aunt Erin."
Everyone thanks for all the mega comments today. I love it. I never get tired of reading your thoughts.
I wish we all lived close so we could go to Barnes and Noble, Disneyland and California Adventure, Church and then home to Erin's for the new tradition of Sunday Sundaes after church.
Erin, I love Tanji's Tradition. I am adopting it as of this very Sunday. We usually eat great big sandwiches as soon as we walk in the door, but Sundaes are even better. Mallory and I had a big talk about you today and I told her about your college friend coming to see you last weekend.
Mallory can't wait to go to college, and I told her about how much fun it was for you. I also told her about Mark Baumarito (no idea..spelling, I know it's Italian...is it Bommarito?) because Mal was talking about Twilight. She said Edward wonderful and everyone (readers) falls in love with him, and that he sees something exceptional in this ordinary girl. It reminded me of that ridiculous story Mark Bommarito told you, and we were both laughing about it. Marks' story was so absurd which made it even funnier and I told Mallory you were beloved in high school and church, the life of every party and drama class, and that you were voted Most Talented.
I had to take Mallory shopping for homecoming, and we had a really nice day, and a good time remembering, "Aunt Erin."
Mary Katie,
We have been "in sync" for weeks and weeks.
The kiddie rides are my favorite. Especially the caterpillar because he is, as you put it, "slow as a snail." That's what made it my favorite. It is ridiculously slow.
Also, The Marx Brothers are "wildly funny," and I always love those who are "wildly funny."
And, every time I watch John and Kate plus 8, I am so relieved my kids came one at a time. Now her kids are 4 years old, but when they were toddlers it looked sooooooooooooo hard. If I were Kate I would have cried every day, and would have wanted every day to end, and the next one to never start. It is a Life of Confusion! "Can you imagine?"
Lastly, I detest drive by-St. Bruno's-kind-of- carnival rides. The roller coasters look like crumpled up tired- dingy-dinosaurs when they set them up, and the people running everything look like they're still at Woodstock. I won't ever go. If the kids want to go, they go with Mike. It's not my Favorite. I should post that on Monday.
LOL!! You guys crack me up. I hope I will join the Friday Favorites one day! I do read them all though, and they all make me smile.
As for ice cream, Mark is out right at this very minute, getting me my FAVORITE frozen yougurt-from this amazinng place called U-Swirl! You get to choose your frozen yougurt, fill up a cup with as little, or in my case, as MUCH as you like, and then add whatever toppings you desire! You pay by the weight so your total always depends on how much you want! Pretty clever, huh? My favorite-I have been there at least twenty times, and I get the exact same thing everytime, is vanilla frozen yogurt packed with strawberries and kiwi! Delicious!
I have a new favorite too-thanks to your last post! I went to the library with my kids, and we checked out "Julius the Baby of the World." My kids LOVED it, all though at first they could not figure out why on Earth she would be SO mean to the baby...I have been blessed because they have always been THRILLED when I brought home a sibling! Now they like to walk around saying, "I hate you" and "Your ugly!" It is the BEST thing ever! Too hilarious!
Thanks again!
Katie,
My kids were embarrassed and astonished when I read them Julius. They couldn't believe Lilly was so mean, either, but they thought it was so funny.
That's great you took everyone to the library and found it. The library is another one of my favorite places to go, and they always have so many good activities for the kids.
Also, U-Swirl sounds delicious. I wish we had one here.
Can't wait to see you next week for our Disneyland Day.
Post a Comment