Blog Archive
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
-
Let's Watch Conference12 years ago
-
-
-
Wise Men Still Seek Him13 years ago
-
-
-
-
Excited for YOSEMITE!!!!!!!!15 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
My Blog List
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Family Night
Catherine made Haunted houses with her children, so we decided to do it, too. We made ours for Family Night, and everyone had a great time working on them. In fact, we had such a good time, that we are going to do it again. This was our practice run. I want to take the best part of everyone's Haunted Houses and combine them.
Mike's was the cleanest. He was very proud of it, too and all night kept saying his was the best. He didn't put any chocolate oreo crumbs on his, so next time I wont' either. Too messy. Annie made pumpkin garland and it looked like silly string. We used the kind of frosting that comes from a can, like cheeze-wiz, and it worked great. Holly loved this project. It made her so happy just to be making something so cute. She turned on all the Halloween music from the blogs, and took pictures. Erin Leigh and I worked on ours the longest, and we loved it, because it felt like one of our Lego projects. Mallory came home from Polo at 9:00 and loved them. She was sad she missed them, but she usually misses everything because she is a dedicated athlete. This is another reason why we are going to do them again.
Also, we used little orange juice cartons, and Holly came home today with even smaller hot tamale candy cartons.
I am so glad Catherine shared this idea with all of us. We used to love to make these with Mom for The Christmas Party when Aunt Janet and Uncle Joe came over, and Mom would laugh harder than we ever knew she could. Remember in Breaking Away when he says, "The Italians are coming." That's what it felt like whenever they came over, and it seemed so important because we thought they lived so far away! Then we grew up and realized they were only 20 minutes from us.
It was a fun tradition, and I love Catherine's new version of it for Halloween. And, of course when we all went to bed last night, Mike had to walk by all of us just once more to tell us his was the best. I thought his was, too.
Also, there are so many pictures, only because Mallory was in charge of posting them. She didn't omit any of them, so I know it's overkill. I think everything looks like a mess because we have all of our October things; bulletin board, books, movies, candy, folders, everything all over the counter for lack of anywhere else to put them. It's a mess, but it's fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Propriety: noun: conformity to established standards of behavior or manner, suitability, rightness or justice. See "etiquette."
-Burnsie-
Popular Posts
-
If you haven't watched this movie could you please go straight to a Red Box, find it and watch it. It was ridiculous & absurd and I...
-
Here she is. Here is The Littles new dog. They wanted one so much that we gave in and let them have one. Doesn't she look like Girlie?...
-
I have a funny story about this movie, or should I say a frustrating story. For weeks I'd wanted to see this movie, but it never worked...
-
All right, Sisters of The Yah-Yah Club, Where are all the comments? We need to get our Quilting Bee going again. Obviously, we need better ...
-
Remember how in Meet Me In St Louis Tootie says she's so lucky to be born in her favorite city. Well, that's how I feel about Fall. ...
-
These are my latest addiction. They come in a bright, red bag. I usually eat the cheddar kind in the yellow bag, but when Erin was down sh...
-
The Littles went back to school today, and were happy to return. Actually, Erin Leigh was happy and Annie Laurie was semi-happy. That's ...
-
Is everyone ready or frantically getting ready for our trip? I'm so excited to go and am looking forward to being all together. I can ha...
-
I received my legal and signed document today from my ear surgeon. I have been officially excused from jury duty for the rest of my life du...
-
Just in case anyone had any doubt, which I doubt that anyone did, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is officially my new Magnificent Obsession. ...



6 comments:
Oh I'm so glad you loved this, too! Isn't Mom amazing. I'm so glad she taught this way to make gingerbread houses. It really is so much fun. And I love that it is fun for all ages! We loved it so much that we are going to do it again too! I loved your October bulletin board. I don't do monthly bulletin boards, but now perhaps I will. What do you use? Is it foam board? Or is it a real bulletin board?
I'm so glad you posted your pictures of this. I was hoping you would. Your houses all turned out so cute!
Just wondering. . . will you be in attendance at tommorow's meeting of the Wednesday Afternoon Fine Art League? =)
Of course I will be there.
Are you hosting this week or is it my turn? Do you need to borrow my punchbowl?
I feel like I am on the alert now, always looking for what I can add culturally to Wednesdays.
Actually, I think I could add about five posts a day. I feel like the blogs serve as open communication for all of us.I always want to tell everyone about my daily minutia.
My bulletin board is just a regular old bulletin board. I have no where to hang it anymore so it's just on a cookbook stand.
The counter is such a mess, but we use everything on it, everyday.
Also, I have one of those brains that require everything to be in plain sight. If I put it away, I won't get into it and forget about it.
Well, I can't wait to see what everyone posts for tomorrow. I have to go now because Erin Leigh is crying by my side to play tetherball with her. I tried to tell her I was too old.
I can't remember who's turn it is to host this week! If it's my turn, will you help me paint my apartment? And of course can I borrow your punch bowl!
I love your bulletin board! I always have. I don't know how I forgot about them, but I did until I saw it on your blog. Very Cute! I will have to copy another of your wonderful ideas! The more I do with my kids, the more I realize that so many of these ideas, started with you! I've always thought you were amazing, but I'm realizing it more and more all the time! I'm so glad I get to be a little sister and get all the hand me down ideas!
I love that EL wants to play tether ball with you! You're just like Napoleon and Deb!
No, no, I promise Catte. It's not me.
Decorating a bulletin board every month came from Lisa when she first started homeschooling.
And know that everything I do usually comes from something I've read, and just expanded on.
Oh my gosh I laughed so hard at "your're just like Napoleon and Deb."
I never even liked tetherball as a kid and never played it. I never liked volleyball either. I don't like to use my arm or hand as the racquet. "No, thank you."
Leslie,
I love that you still do all this stuff with your kids. I could see the temptation to be burned out after a few kids, but I always thought (in Corona) /think it is so impressive that you continue these fun traditions with the Littles and even for the older ones,too.
You are a good Mom and have really set such a good example for us younger ones. You are the mother that we all watched up close and personal while you raised your family. So much of our parenting styles have come from our close interaction with you when your family was young. THANKS for letting us peer into your life. Keep up the good work.
I think it's official now. I'm the most unfun. I love that even Mike made one, pert and tidy, swept clean of any unsightly Oreo crumbs. I should just break down and buy one of those kits and make one for this Family night. Or maybe the one before Halloween. We won't be carving pumpkins then since it's too early. Monday to Friday carved pumpkins won't make it around here.
Post a Comment