Here I am missing Mary Kate for days, and then I disappear for days on end.
My internet service wasn't working at all. We've been bored to death without everyone's charming company on their blogs!
"I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored." This is my latest summer saying because sometimes during the long, summer day, and night, there are moments of boredom. (Especially when Mike doesn't come home, and stays in at his parents. Then we all flounder.) Fortunately, the Internet and blogs alleviate all boredom.
You have to say it very fast over and over again. "I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored." The first time I said it I was walking down the hallway. I didn't think anyone could hear me, but Mal and her friends were in the kitchen listening. Now they say it, too. Jake and Holly came in my room saying it as fast as they could last night, and Mary will call and say it to me before she even says, Hello, and then we both laugh.
Anyway, the point is this: I've been bored without you! Your blogs are highly entaining and I can't live without them. I laughed at everyone's answers to Erin's Meme. Catherine's, "Mad Madame Meme," Mary's new boyfriend she's in love with, and Heidi Briskerdo's picture all made me laugh. Yes, every one of you are all so clever.
However, being the so called, "Mysterious" person that I am.....(...I was once called this 3 times in one week by 3 different people because I was being evasive and silent)(shrouded in mystery is how one of them put it) I may have to refrain from answering. It's not strictly out of complete mystery, but incompetence, too. There's no way I could figure out how to get it to my blog from Erin's. Maybe I will just let Mary answer all my questions for me. It could be a combined effort and then I'll check off all the ones that are right.
Does anyone remember the song from The Happiest Millionaire.....Cordy (Lesley Anne Warren) is singing the song, "You must be Oh- so Mysteri-o-so!" Actually, those are the only words to the song I know. Well, Bi-yom-pom-pom are some of the lyrics, too, but that about sums it all up; Mysterious and bored. As Mary would say, "Like a Cat."
All right, I will stop before I get carried absurdly away.
Thanks for the laugh everybody and know I'll be back again....the next time I get bored!
Blog Archive
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
-
Let's Watch Conference12 years ago
-
-
-
Wise Men Still Seek Him13 years ago
-
-
-
-
Excited for YOSEMITE!!!!!!!!15 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
My Blog List
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Propriety: noun: conformity to established standards of behavior or manner, suitability, rightness or justice. See "etiquette."
-Burnsie-
Popular Posts
-
If you haven't watched this movie could you please go straight to a Red Box, find it and watch it. It was ridiculous & absurd and I...
-
Here she is. Here is The Littles new dog. They wanted one so much that we gave in and let them have one. Doesn't she look like Girlie?...
-
I have a funny story about this movie, or should I say a frustrating story. For weeks I'd wanted to see this movie, but it never worked...
-
All right, Sisters of The Yah-Yah Club, Where are all the comments? We need to get our Quilting Bee going again. Obviously, we need better ...
-
Remember how in Meet Me In St Louis Tootie says she's so lucky to be born in her favorite city. Well, that's how I feel about Fall. ...
-
These are my latest addiction. They come in a bright, red bag. I usually eat the cheddar kind in the yellow bag, but when Erin was down sh...
-
The Littles went back to school today, and were happy to return. Actually, Erin Leigh was happy and Annie Laurie was semi-happy. That's ...
-
Is everyone ready or frantically getting ready for our trip? I'm so excited to go and am looking forward to being all together. I can ha...
-
I received my legal and signed document today from my ear surgeon. I have been officially excused from jury duty for the rest of my life du...
-
Just in case anyone had any doubt, which I doubt that anyone did, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is officially my new Magnificent Obsession. ...



6 comments:
If you're bored sweetie, why don't you go out and jump on the trampoline. Or there are some dishes that need to be done? These were always Mom's suggestions for a bored child, maybe they'll help on those late Mike-less nights..haha
So I vote that you pick five questions from erin's tag and just type them out and answer them...forget trying to cut, copy, and paste. This is my official vote. Glad you are back. H
Dear Leslie, would you write and tell us about your latest read? Today I am going to don a costume and circulate with pageant guests looking for referrals....actually it is not hard but it seems more appropriate if you look like you are a pageant person. Actually I just went to a music workshop, it felt just like Education Week. Did you hear the news about Bill Baker, he is being baptized on Mandy's birthday August 8th? That is real life miracle in our day and age.I, too love reading the blogs.For something to do: go to the library, surprise someone with a visit, write a letter, mop the floor or wash the car....wash your hair, give yourself a manicure, call Grandpa and Grandma....Write a cowboy song. Just a few thoughts, Mom...treasure every minute of it.
Heidi, your first line made me laugh out loud, not only because I could hear Mom saying it perfectly, but because it's my standard answer to my kid's boredom, too. Can you even picture me jumping on the trampoline to alleviate boredom.
"Can you imagine?"
Mom, I wasn't really being literal.
It was mostly frustration and loneliness from The Internet, and one of those "Change of Venue" moments we all need. However,
wash your hair, and your car
were terrific solutions, though, especially at 11 o'clock at night.
haha
Thanks for the good news about Mandy. It's what she's always wanted. Now she'll be even more in love with him than ever!
As for my latest read, I stayed up and read A Marriage Made in Heaven or Too Tired for an Affair by Erma Bombeck last nigh because Mary was reading it, too. Today I can't wait to call her so we can laugh about it.
Anyway, the title is hysterical but I am not sure if it is what you are looking for to share with Nauvoo members. I also just finished The Amateur Marriage by Anne Tyler, as well. Your friend Bonnie Holiday loves Anne Tyler, doesn't she. I also read Friendly Persuasion by Jessamyn West.
Anyway, Mom, those are my recent reads.
Have fun today. I know you'll love wearing a new costume.
See where Laurie gets it. She loves to wear them, too.
Wash your hair? What kind of suggestion is this for Leslie? I don't know a girl, person, anyone who washes her hair more. I'm so glad you're back. I'm not kidding it makes my day when I see you've just posted something. By all means, call and we will laugh our heads off over Erma Bombecks book. I have to tell you Adam can't stand me reading that book on the front porch. He sure some person is going to get the wrong idea from the title or a man will think I'm advertising! So funny. Thanks for making it a great day!
MK
How did I miss this post? I've been checking like mad. I can't believe about bill. Mandy wrote me an email today. I'm so happy for her, I feel like buying her a Giant Hershey bar for a prize, just like she did for the young women if they remembered their scriptures. Can you believe that she will now sit with Bill instead of Mary H? Oh dear-what will Mary H do?
I love the boring suggestions. When I'm bored, I don't want any suggestions. I want sympathy and maybe some treats. I also want the same thing when I'm sad, or lonely, or in pain, or annoyed, or confused, or jubilant. Please keep this in mind.
I'm going to send you a word document with those meme questions when I get home. We're all dying to read your answers, so no way, uh-uh, no how.
Erin,
Send me Mandy's email. I'd love to tell her Hurray and that I'm so happy for her. That is going to be a great day for all of them.
Roy will probably get invited, if he's not hiding under his bed. Not that that would stop David. He wouldn't even hold it against him.
Well, it's a good thing Mandy moved or else Mary would be the third wheel in church. Did you know when Mandy got the letter that her book would be published she ran all the way to Mary's. (I love that story.) Not that Mary lived very far.
I agree about boredom and treats.
In fact, I've decided that from now on when I have to sign up for Relief Society Dinners I will only sign up to bring treats.
Everybody brought me treats when I had ear surgery because I didn't want anyone to bring me dinner, and it was the best.
Trace brought me my favorite popsicles. Sister Frye brought me
Cinnamon rolls that were delicious, and my Vis teacher brought over cookies.
Treats are better than dinner!
Post a Comment