CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cookie of The Week Report

Two of the three cookies of the week turned out great.  The Chocolate Crackles looked beautiful in Martha Stewart's cook book but did not live up to it's name or picture.  I was highly disappointed that the cookie with the greatest name turned out to be awful. "Chocolate Crackles, " don't you love it?  Remember the old Krackle candy bar that came in a red wrapper?
And we can't forget Mary Crackle from Mrs. Piggle Wiggle in The Whisper Cure.  That chapter is one of my all time favorites.  I love that they scream at each other but all that comes out are whispers.
Anyway, I even warned the kids' friends who came over not to try them.  They didn't believe me but should have.  Terrible.  The powdered sugar looked beautiful in the picture but did not bake up nicely.  I think Erin will have to solve this problem for me, and point me in the direction of a better recipe.  
However, The Surprise Cookie is definitely our favorite of the week, and we will be making more today.  I'm including the recipe so someone else can try them and be crazy about them with us.
Suprise Cookies
1 3/4     C. Flour
   3/4     C. Cocoa
   1/2 tsp.  baking soda
    1/2 tsp.  coarse salt
    1/2     C. Butter
     1         C. Sugar
     1        Large Egg
     1/2     C. Milk
     1   tsp. vanilla
15 Marshmallows cut in half

Frosting
3   C.  Powdered Sugar
6   TBSP. Butter
1/4  C. plus 1 1/2 tsp. cocoa
1/4   C. Milk
3/4 tsp.  vanilla

Blend butter and sugar and cocoa.  Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix in flour.   Bake cookies 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove and top with marshmallow half.  Bake 2 more minutes.  Cool completely. Frost and smother in walnuts.
We loved these, and hope everyone else will too, so that they can become your new mania and Cookie of The Week.  (Also....recipes are terrible to type.  How does Prudy do so many?)

 


4 comments:

MK and Co. said...

I'm making these as soon as I can find a bowl!

Leslie said...

I Love, Love Love these, and I'm not even a big fan of marshmallow!

I laughed at your comment. Good luck finding that bowl.

Prudy said...

I'll try them tomorrow. I'll find you a better chocolate cracle recipe tomorrow. Tell me about the one you used-just type me the ingredients and amounts so I can see what was wrong. E

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so happy you posted this recipe! I was hoping that you would! I can't wait to try these! DELISH!