Blog Archive
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
-
Let's Watch Conference12 years ago
-
-
-
Wise Men Still Seek Him13 years ago
-
-
-
-
Excited for YOSEMITE!!!!!!!!15 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
My Blog List
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Stupid!
Has anyone seen the commercial for this car? Please tell me someone has seen it. It's The new Ford Flex and it is the stupidest commercial I've seen in a long time. It should be banned from airing. There are a group of 6 or 7 moms standing in a parking lot with their new cars. One of the mom's calls it The Cool Mom Car. Then another woman says it's The Cool Mom Car, and then they say It's The Cool Mom Car one more time before the commercial ends. It is so stupid! If they have to state that it's cool, and repeat that it's cool, in hopes that it is cool, it's completely uncool. I actually like this car, but the commercial has killed it. No thanks, ever. It's the Stupid Commercial Car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Propriety: noun: conformity to established standards of behavior or manner, suitability, rightness or justice. See "etiquette."
-Burnsie-
Popular Posts
-
If you haven't watched this movie could you please go straight to a Red Box, find it and watch it. It was ridiculous & absurd and I...
-
Here she is. Here is The Littles new dog. They wanted one so much that we gave in and let them have one. Doesn't she look like Girlie?...
-
I have a funny story about this movie, or should I say a frustrating story. For weeks I'd wanted to see this movie, but it never worked...
-
All right, Sisters of The Yah-Yah Club, Where are all the comments? We need to get our Quilting Bee going again. Obviously, we need better ...
-
Remember how in Meet Me In St Louis Tootie says she's so lucky to be born in her favorite city. Well, that's how I feel about Fall. ...
-
These are my latest addiction. They come in a bright, red bag. I usually eat the cheddar kind in the yellow bag, but when Erin was down sh...
-
The Littles went back to school today, and were happy to return. Actually, Erin Leigh was happy and Annie Laurie was semi-happy. That's ...
-
Is everyone ready or frantically getting ready for our trip? I'm so excited to go and am looking forward to being all together. I can ha...
-
I received my legal and signed document today from my ear surgeon. I have been officially excused from jury duty for the rest of my life du...
-
Just in case anyone had any doubt, which I doubt that anyone did, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is officially my new Magnificent Obsession. ...



6 comments:
Hello, groovy, hip, radical, anything-but-cool Leslie. Never, ever, ever say cool to Leslie (she hates it more than bananas), unless you are saying "Cool it, Leslie." I haven't seen the commercial, but I hate it too. I think I'll go take a cool shower in the cool of the morning and let my pie cool on the shelf and then go shopping and spend a cool million. Tee hee
Did you have a good weekend? I hope none of your friends treated you cooly...
Everything is Coolio!
Should I have restrained myself a little with this commercial? I suppose I came on a little strong but that's how it is when I can't stand something.
I can't stand it when anyone tries too hard and this commercial was trying way too hard.
I hope you enjoyed your cool shower in the cool of the morning and that your pie cooled properly.
If you had a cool million to spend I'd make you take me on a trip with you. I wish I was going on your upcoming trip with you and can hardly believe I'm not. Curses!!!!!
Remember the kid in Parenthood whose name was Cool? I always loved that that was his name. His Dad was such a jerk that of course he named his son Cool.
Remember the hippie in The Amateur Marriage?
His name wasn't Cool, but it was Smoke.
I loved it and think it appeals to the smoker and the absurdist in me. What was Lindy's hippie name?
Was it Becoming?
I love Anne Tyler.
All right, I'm pretty sure if you saw this commercial you'd hate it as much as I do.
And as for Cool It, I've been saying it to my kids for 25 years. Probably longer because I'm sure I said it to brothers and sisters, too. There isn't a week that goes by that I don't tell one of my kids to Cool It. But I love it when you say it to me, "Cool It, Leslie." Even reading it I could hear you saying it and it made me laugh.
I could go off on another tangent about how much I hate the word AWESOME, but I will save it for another day. But, it makes my toes curl and my blood boil when I have to sit through church and listen to adults stand up and say, "The Church is Awesome. You are all awesome. It's just Awesome. Everythings Awesome." See! All right. I'll say no more!
Little Mary Kate could have hit you with a double whammy. When she was about 5 years old, she used to put on my sunglasses and try to imitate a teenager and say "Cooooool, Awesin!" It was one of my favorite things. My kids like the story of Cool and Awesin also.
I admit loving Awesome for sarcasm, as in the kids are running around and eating Cheesenips while I'm writing this message; I'm an awesome homeschooler.
Awesome should be banned from religious services. I'm going to have to look for your favorite commercial. I'm off to save the slackers from their cheesenips and sloth. E
Funny you posted this...I saw that commercial and literally said out loud, "that was the STUPIDEST commercial I have ever seen!"
Have you seen the Evian commercial with the roller skating/break dancing babies? Best commercial ever! The first time I saw it Luke was in my bed (supposed to be going to sleep) and I made him sit up just so he could watch it with me. We were cracking up and now we have it recorded and watch it all the time!
Oh Valerie,
I am happy to read we are on the same page.
It's almost grossly stupid.
I don't know the Evian commercial but it sounds like I would like it. That's a crack up you had Luke sit up and watch it with you.
I love the one of the baby in the crib who is always in trouble. I think it's an Etrade commercial. Commercials with babies are usually pretty funny.
I'll keep my eye out for the Evian commercial. Glad you were with me on this one.
I haven't seen that commercial, but I am guilty of grossly overusing the words cool and awesome, especially awesome. It is a habit I picked up on my mission. Missionaries say awesome a lot. In missionary speak it means something is way too great to give words to, and so I used it then, and I use it still. I probably write it more often than I actually say it out loud though, and I am pretty sure I don't spew it on to the congregation when I speak.
Post a Comment