CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Look What Katie Got Me


Katie bought me the perfect gift. It's a hairbrush microphone that attaches to your Ipod. She said she saw it and had to buy it for me.

I always feel so lucky because people buy gifts for me all the time that remind them of me.
It is so fun and I love it when it happens. Mary Kate always says it's because when I love something I REALLY love it.

I laughed so hard when I opened this today and it made me so happy because how many years have I been dancing and singing into a hairbrush or a plastic spoon at Renouf Family Reunions and family weddings?
One of my favorite Family Reunion memories is of the rock out night we had at Laurie's condo. It was completely unplanned and we all ended up at Laurie's condo and everyone danced and sang all night. Jordan was on the coffee table singing and dancing to The Blues Brothers, I had a lampshade on my head, and Laurie was dancing with the iron and ironing board. She was wearing yellow pajamas with her hair in braids and looked adorable. The kids were so happy to be included and loved that the grown ups were having such a good time. Roy and Sung Jin were laughing their heads off and so was Mary Kate, and I have a vaque memory of Adam videotaping.

It was the funniest night and it's one of my favorite memories. That and the night we all hung out in my condo and told hilarious stories. It was the night Dancing Grandma was trying to hand Laurie a cup from the backseat. That night was so funny that I couldn't even say Mary Kate's name when she answered the phone. I wanted her to come over so badly and join all of us but was laughing so hard I couldn't get the words out to tell her to come over. All I could try and say was, "Maaaaarrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy." The minute she heard everyone laughing in the background she raced over. She had understood immediately.

Well, as soon as I unwrapped this present I thought we should buy about 50 of them. It was so nice of Katie to get this for me. Thank you, Katie for thinking about your Aunt Leslie. This was the perfect gift and it will go perfectly with my tambourine. Now all we need is another Family Reunion.

4 comments:

Katie and Mark said...

You're welcome! Ü I loved it when I saw this because I immediatly thought of you. Gift Giving is NOT my love language, I am not a shopper, and I generally am not ever sure what to get people...but as soon as I saw this-I knew I had to get it for you. Promise me you will go out with my Mom, sing loud, and laugh so hard that she may wet her pants. ;)

I love family reunions too. I may want to go by one for me and Brooki too just so we can be prepared for the next one.

Leslie said...

Katie,
Thank you. I love it. I laughed so hard when I opened it and it made me very happy.
So many people send me funny things and funny cards because they will find something that reminds them of me. It was so fun to get this.
Tell me you remember that night at your condo.
Your mom was so funny. Do you remember?
Sung Jin remembers and we always laugh at how cute your mom was in her yellow pajamas dancing with the iron in her hand.
We were all circling around the furniture and the iron and ironing board were plugged in.
When she got to it she picked up the iron and danced with it and included some ironing in her dancing. It was HILARIOUS!
We need Mary. Where's Mary? Mary will remember.
Anyway, it was such a fun night and this microphone would have been perfect for it.
We will definitely have to stock up on these for the next time we're all together.
Thanks again, Katie.
I loved it and Mike had a good laugh when he saw what you gave me.

Katie and Mark said...

Leslie!!! I am so sad to say that I don't remember that night. :( I don't know what's wrong with me! I can't remember anything. My memory is awful. Have you read any books about that???

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.