

Last night I dreamt I was in Utah just passing through and driving along. I decided to stop at Mary Kate's since I was in the area, and when Mary Kate came to the door she was wearing spangles in her hair and her Egyptian costume she bought on our trip. In the dream it was bright green. She looked beautiful and was very happy to see me and I was a little surprised she was wearing her costume, but since I don't live by Mary or see her everyday I thought perhaps she likes to wear it and remembered how much she liked to dress up and wear jewelry to kindergarten.
She was very enthusiastic and welcoming, and she invited me in. Her house was beautiful and every room was a beautiful color. More green, bright blues, even brighter yellow, and also purple. Every room had something Egyptian in it, and it made me so happy to see it because it reminded me of our trip. Her backyard was beautiful and everything in her backyard was vibrant, colorful, and protected by very large Egyptian gates. I wondered if Mary was part Egyptian, but didn't ask because I thought it was something I should know since she is my sister. Afterall, I knew she was part Hebrew but I thought perhaps she was also Egyptian and no one had told me.
Everything was so beautiful and when I woke up I thought I should draw a picture of it. I think it was the most beautiful dream I ever had. I have no idea why I dreamt it but I think it's because I went to bed reading a magazine about color, and all week we've been watching the movie Cairo Time. The woman in it wore a very bright, beautiful green dress. I think Mary Kate borrowed it.
The movie Cairo Time is wonderful. I loved it when I saw it, and we've been watching it so much that The Littles are miserable when it's on. It reminds me of our trip because I watched it on our way home on the plane, and because it's all about where we've been.
I love when whatever is going on in my real life reappears in my dream in some mixed up way. It fascinates me that the mind continues working, and tries very hard to organize all that I'm thinking of when I am asleep.




9 comments:
Awwww....That sounds like a wonderful dream. I am so glad you remembered it. How funny. :)
I also had a dream, or nightmare.... I was dreaming that there were all these children constantly around me demanding things of me with every blink of my eye. I was married to this wonderful woman, who I started dating when I was 4. I could barely move, where I was living, because of these 6 philistines, 2 boys and 4 girls to be exact. All these books would fall on my head every time I would walk into a room. My job sucked, I had no money and I felt like going to Frisco just to see how high the Golden Gate Bridge really was.
It's amazing how ones mind could be so delirious........ in a dream.
hahahhahah! aunt leslie thats a crack up :D now I am half expecting to go back to mary kates house and it will be all colerful :D
I bet if you had a dream about me it would be in black and white Grapes of Wrath depression era hues and I would come to door with a greasy apron and scraggly hair. No wonder you chose Mary's house to visit in your dream. I'll try to go there tonight myself. Although I rather like syxmiles dreamland also. Thanks for another laugh syxy!
Dreams, what are they a piece of undigested dinner? I don;t think so, they are first class movies. I think I liked Mike's dream. He can always make reality sound insane. When we returned from Egypt we watched Lawrence of Arabia, much too sad....we prefer Laurel and Hardy. We need to talk about your bread making. love, the mom
Dear The Mom,
Welcome to the party. It was so nice to see Babs Renouf in the comment section.
This dream really was a first class movie. It was beautiful and like I said I just wanted to draw it when I woke up.
As for Mike and his reality check, reality is insane.
I've never seen Lawrence of Arabia, but I've read all about him. He was a little man, never married, but incredible. I don't think I've watched Laurel & Hardy since I went to Scott Avenue.
Yes, let's discuss breadmaking. I'm perfectly happy to stay in my kitchen all day and make "bread, bread, bread."
Erin,
I can only laugh at self deprecating humor if it's true, and coming to your house would not be like The Grapes of Wrath depression hues and a greasy apron and scraggly hair. All right, it made me laugh very hard even if it's not true.
As for Mike's dreamland I'm glad everyone could appreciate it and laugh. The only part that made me laugh was that books would fall on his head every time he walks in a room.
Listen to this dream. Mike called me this morning and dreamt he was Tevye in a roadshow for church.
He was Tevye and on stage singing "If I Were A Rich Man."
He said he woke up in the middle of the night and that was the song playing on his Ipod, but he was dreaming about it and he was on stage singing and dancing!
He said he woke up wanting to write a Roadshow and that he would need BARB'S collaboration!
I love your dream all about MK's colorful house. Mary loves color. I loved Erin's comment eventhough, it is not at all true. But I think it could be true for me. I love Mike's made up dream and his Tevye dream even more. Maybe he and Mom should put their heads together to write a roadshow for the next family reunion!
Post a Comment