I read this today and it made me laugh. "I never understand when people say they don't have time to read. They're lying. It's easy to have time; just don't watch television and live alone."
That is funny to me, too. I get so annoyed when other stay at home moms give me the whole judgemental, "when do you have find time to read with kids" guilt trip. Like I just neglect my kids to read. I always want to say, "how do you have time to watch TV?", but I try not to be snarky. I don't watch much TV and since living alone is not an option, I don't sleep, but I still don't read as much as I'd like to. From one reader to another, that made me laugh too.
Julie, I love that you are a serious reader and get it! So many people are baffled by it. I love reading about you taking your kids to the library and your memories of going to the library. Did your parents love to read? Our parents did, and I always remember Grandma reading in her campground in Yosemite. I always wonder if kids who turn into serious readers did so because of their parents or from having books in the home or trips to the library. I always want to know what their upbringing with books was like. Also, who wants to go to sleep when there's so much to read. I love to get up early and lay in bed and finish reading what I fell asleep reading. I literally read all night long in between sleep. My books are all over my bed and I pick up where I left off whenever I wake up. That last line made me laugh aloud, especially the just live alone part! If you're a mom who loves to read that idea is hilarious! Hilarious and ridiculous, my favorite.
Funny, Les. Does it count as reading if I do it while the TV is on. I recently had some library materials do back (books and movies) and I wanted to make sure I got everything finshed, so I might have been reading and watching "Arrested Development" at the same time.
I have to say I don't know anyone who reads as much as you do, and if you have time to read then anyone does.
But I loved the quote, especially the "live alone" part.
3 comments:
That is funny to me, too. I get so annoyed when other stay at home moms give me the whole judgemental, "when do you have find time to read with kids" guilt trip. Like I just neglect my kids to read. I always want to say, "how do you have time to watch TV?", but I try not to be snarky. I don't watch much TV and since living alone is not an option, I don't sleep, but I still don't read as much as I'd like to. From one reader to another, that made me laugh too.
Julie,
I love that you are a serious reader and get it!
So many people are baffled by it.
I love reading about you taking your kids to the library and your memories of going to the library.
Did your parents love to read? Our parents did, and I always remember Grandma reading in her campground in Yosemite. I always wonder if kids who turn into serious readers did so because of their parents or from having books in the home or trips to the library. I always want to know what their upbringing with books was like.
Also, who wants to go to sleep when there's so much to read. I love to get up early and lay in bed and finish reading what I fell asleep reading. I literally read all night long in between sleep. My books are all over my bed and I pick up where I left off whenever I wake up.
That last line made me laugh aloud, especially the just live alone part!
If you're a mom who loves to read that idea is hilarious! Hilarious and ridiculous, my favorite.
Funny, Les. Does it count as reading if I do it while the TV is on. I recently had some library materials do back (books and movies) and I wanted to make sure I got everything finshed, so I might have been reading and watching "Arrested Development" at the same time.
I have to say I don't know anyone who reads as much as you do, and if you have time to read then anyone does.
But I loved the quote, especially the "live alone" part.
Have fun swimming.
Post a Comment