CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 9, 2009

Last Year's Birthday Was Reealllllyyyy Better


Yesterday was the weirdest birthday I ever had. Mike was gone, the big kids were gone, and it was Sunday!
And now I'm 42, the age I always thought was such a joke and always pretended to be.
But, last year's birthday was the best.
We were all in Italy together. We went to The Vatican, Laurie wore her scarf and pretended to be Catholic, and we all got to go out to a fun dinner together.
I loved walking around eating gelato, seeing the fountains, and being surrounded by so many beautful things. It really was the trip of a life time. And how can you beat being in Rome on your birthday?




10 comments:

Leslie said...

That picture of me with two gelatos is really quite awful, but it's so me that I had to include it.
I love the picture of Mike showing off for the camera, and all the guys laughing. Ron is cracking me up.
It really was the greatest trip.
I wish we could all go to Italy again.

Fantastic Mr. R said...

I love that picture of you, too. It is a great one!
I guess all birthdays can't be up there with Italy, huh?
I hope you had a happy birthday in lovely California. :)
must talk soon..

Katie and Mark said...

None the less.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I mean, that really was a perfect birthday last year! Hard to top...LOL

Prudy said...

Oh, yeah, any birthday at all had to be better than yesterday's. You should have been here. If you'll come on your birthday, I'll take a picture of you with three things in your hand (taco, brownie, cookie) so we can top Italy.

Catherine said...

Hap hap hap Happy Birthday! I'm sorry about your crummy birthday. I'm starting to believe that all adult birthdays are the pits! You can't plan your own party anymore and you don't get out of doing chores . . . unless of course you're lucky enough to spend your birthday in Italy with the whole fam.

Hapy Birthday! And did you say you love almond joys!? Coconut is a fruit you know. Very out of character for you! Shocking! But I'll have some here waiting for you when we do your 42nd b-day take 2!

Leslie said...

Catte Woman, are we going to have a re-do, Round 2, Birthday 42?
Oh, I hope we do.
All the November's will be there for Thanksgiving won't we?
Will the Adopted-Grafted-In-November be there, too?
Can we talk her into it?

The only time I have ever gotten out of my chores was when I was in the hospital, and when I was in Italy. Any other time, come, rain, come hail, come snow or sleet, "The Chores must go on."
Did you know I once dreamt that Dad wrote me a note excusing me from vacuuming? It was wonderful, and it worked. For a week I got up and told myself I don't have to vacuum today, Dad said I didn't have to.
The spell only only lasted 3 days until I couldn't take it anymore, but it did have a relieving effect on me.

And, yes, I love coconut. I'm just like George. George Bailey, and he had a bad ear, too.
I love coconut cake, coconut cupcakes,cocunut creams from See's candi,coconut macaroons, and coconut confetti.
I could be on a ceral box..."I'm cuckoo for coconuts."

Leslie said...

I guess it was cocoa puffs on the ceral box, not coconuts.
hahaha
Remember when Sammy used to confuse and combine cereal?
"I want cocoa jacks. I need some cocoa jacks."
And, "I crinkled the money. I crinkled the money."

Prudy said...

One more thing....we had a great time on your birthday without you. Isn't that sad? It was a super fun day here. WE got to see Holly and company, we had great food, sang Christmas songs, talked and laughed. Mom even made a chocolate birthday cake...but I think you would have passed wince it had dates. But still, you should have come, doggone it. You really did have a great birthday, it's just that you weren't here to enjoy it.

Leslie said...

That is so funny.
That is exactly what Mike said.
He had a great time, and was really glad he went.
He said you stayed a long time and even said, I dont' know when the last time was that we stayed this long.
GOSHDANGIT!!! I missed all the fun and my own Birthday Party!

MK and Co. said...

Where have I been during all of this? That is really sad about your husband and family have a great time on your birthday without you. The nerve! They should have been miserable and depressed all day! What lousy friends!
No!! I'm just teasing. I am sorry your birthday this year was so odd. But it really is almost impossible to top last year's b-day. It really was such a fun night. Really for 14 nights it was wonderful.
Well happy birthday pretty Leslie! Since you had a horrible, terrible, very bad birthday this year I think we better all go to Australia next year!
Happy Birthday Leslie!