CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Minutiae

I just finished reading a book called The Venus Week by Rebecca Booth, M.D., and the author
referred to the book, I Feel Bad About My Neck and quoted Nora Ephron. It turns out Catherine and I are not only in sync with each other but with Dr. Booth, too.
Ephron said, "Hair color is the single best age-defying beauty treatments available."
I have to agree and know I would have kitchen- witch- grey-hair without it.

Also, I'm thinking about renaming my blog. Little Rieta's been fun, but perhaps it should really be know from now on as: Minutiae Montano
I seem to be all about minutiae, and it's really all of the minutie that interests me. Remember when Betty Mac Donald's daughter came home from school and told them about a young girl who was smoking. (This would be Ann and Joan.) And the only reaction from Joan was, "What brand?" Well, that's my kind of minutiae.
So, thanks for reading along and commenting along on the daily minutia. There will be more, I'm sure. Much more.




10 comments:

Catherine said...

Heffalumps and Woozles! I laughed when I heard it! And look how good you are at changing your music! Very impressive. Did LeeLou ever email you back? What was The Venus Week about? Perhaps you should just tell us all what you are currently reading and we'll just read that.

I like Montano Minutia. How about Leslie's Loves or Leslie Loves. . .

I still like Little Rieta. It fits. It doesn't have to be about Giant.

Now I'm listening to the Haunted Mansion Foyer Music and if I'm being completely honest, I'm a little spooked!

Leslie said...

I should find a Nora Ephron song to go with this post. Maybe I will search for one.

The Venus Week was interesting, clinical, and helpful. It's all about making the most of the month and enhancing your life as you age.

I am reading a book by Robert Horchow who was discussed in The Tipping Point. And I am reading A Whole New Mind (Why rightbrainers will rule the future....very interesting.)

Anyway, thanks for reading the minutia of the day. I still love Little Rieta, too and searched last night for a picture of Jett on the windmill with no luck.
It's such a great moment in the film, you'd think they'd have pictures of it somewhere.

Leslie said...

I wrote it wrong. Roger Horchow.
It's Roger Horchow.

Prudy said...

Please keep writing, even though I don't even really have time to comment. This Cookie Bookie week is killing me. Tonight's my last night to get a post ready and then I'll be back to....all my old busy ways. I had a couple nights off of school this week. The Tuineis are here for a visit. I saw Holly this afternoon. She looks beautiful and is really happy. Is mike really coming up to run a half marathon and if so you had better come too. Ok, I better run, still have my long list plus so much mess to clean up. E

Catherine said...

How about "Leslie's Web"

You know,""It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer. Leslie was both."

And your header could be a eb that says, "Terrific"

And your song could be "Zuckerman's Famous Pig"!!!!


Think about it! Haha!

Leslie said...

Catte Woman,
You are making me laugh.
Zuckerman's Famous Pig could be my theme song.

SO funny.....I LOVE Charlotte's Web. It is such a kind story. I can't read it aloud. I just cry through it. My kids are on their own for that one.

All right, I will think about LESLIE'S WEB, and Zuckerman's song.

Leslie said...

Erin,
Thank you for telling me to keep writing.
I always wonder if everyone's wondering, 'what is Leslie doing? Who is she writing for and why so much?

Went to RS tonight, and my sweet neighbor told everyone about your blog, and even has you on her blog telling everyone about you, and she gets thousands of readers, too.
Her blog is beehivecottage.blogspot.com
Take a look. She's adorable and so talented.
Her husband describes her as Heaven Sent, and it is true....and how many husbands can honestly say that about their wives?

I'm glad you got some time off. You are always so busy. I'm so glad Holly is close to everyone, and having fun. Tell The Tuinei's Hi for all of us.
Anyway, I'm glad your reading along. I've loved your blog all week. But, now I have to go because Mike was watching kids while I was gone, and now I have to clean up and unload the dishwasher, and run the vacuum, even though I'm trying to convince myself to just do it tomorrow.
Thank gosh it's Friday, tomorrow, and we can finally do nothing! Good old nothing!

Leslie said...

Erin, Yes Mike is coming up on my birthday without me!
Mal has polo so I have to stay home!
What a joke.
Please watch out for Mike and don't let him trip, fall, or pass out.
He still thinks he's a 16 year old baseball player.

MK and Co. said...

I'm here too! I'm reading and laughing and still holding the baby!

Prudy said...

Leslie ,Insted of popcorn, why don't I put some ice on my blog????YUM!!