I am in the middle of two books right now. One is The Men Who Stare At Goats, which was recommended to me by Laurie who wishes she was a goat, and the second one, A Whole New Mind by Daniel H. Pink. One of the chapters is about Play and it focused on not only play, but also on joyfulness and laughter. Did you know there are Laughter Clubs, and Laughter Yoga Clubs? Dr. Mardan Katari noticed that his patients got better faster when they laughed so he wrote an article in 1995 entitled: Laughter the best medicine. (Apparently, Reader's Digest read the article, too.) Dr. Katari later decided to combine yoga, breathing, and laughter to make Yoga Laughter. Thus a movement was born. He said, "If I were not a doctor, people would have laughed at me."
The chapter on play is fascinating, and this could be a very long blog about all the fascinating facts, but I will share those with you some other time. Instead, this introduction was just so I could tell you a funny story about my Favorite Funny man. No, not Harpo. Mike.
Mom and Dad went to church with us on Sunday and third hour Mike and Dad headed off to Elders Quorum together. During visitor introductions Mike introduced Dad as his Father-in-law from Peru. Not only from Peru, but also that Dad doesn't speak any English. Then Dad played right along with Mike and said only one word to everyone. "Ola!"
After church everyone had to extend a warm welcome to the Peruvian visitor.
I'm pretty sure from now on, no one will even remember that I'm part Italian, but will always remember that somehow I'm related to that man from Peru.
All right, that is my contribution to The Laughter Club, today. I hope you all have a good laugh!



6 comments:
Leslie,
I started to write a comment, but then I had to tell Shane the story about Senor Renouf. That is hilarious, just down right hilarious. Can Mike be my yoga laughter instructor? I'd much rather do that than get on the treadmill, where I'm actually headed for the moment. I've been on line for the last hour trying to get rid of the wine adds on my blog. I've already filled out everyform objecting to alcohol ads-I'd done it over a year ago, and yet there they are. Anyway, they assure me that they will be gone in two days, but that means I have to spend the Sabbath with wino adds on my blog. What will Senor and Senorita Renouf think????
I feel like I want to put a disclaimer on my blog.
Well, enough of that. How's life in little Rieta? Is Mike really coming up to run? I saw Holly on Friday. She look so purdy and she's very happy and having wonderful time. I hope we get a chance for a phonecall soon. Maybe Sunday? The Tuineis are here but they are going to Vegas to visit the Elisaldez family for the afternoon. Anyway, I'm teaching tomorrow and have a to do list approximately 3.5 miles long today. Wish me luck. E
I knew you'd laugh at what Mike did.
He's getting worse, too.
It was funny that Dad played right along.
Dad even came home and said, "That's just my son in-law. Nice to know, at least the family appreciates his humor.
Yes, let's talk on Sunday.
Why are you advertising alcohol on your blog?
That doesn't seem like something you would do.
Haha...Poor you, how are you going to get them off?
You can fill out all the forms in the world and people will still just keep doing, sending, and presenting what they want.
That's nice Shell is going to see Katie. Laurie and Mark are already there, so I'm sure they'll all have a great time together.
I am so glad Holly is happy there. I tried to talk to her the other day, but she was sleeping, said she'd call back, and then she ended up talking to The Littles, but she sounds happy, and well.
All I wanted to do this morning was stay in bed and read. Instead I got an hour in from 6:30 to 7:30.I need a reading holiday. I have 2 really good books I'm reading right now, and The Goat one is reeeeallllyyy interesting.
Anyway, good luck with your 3.5 mile long list today, and call me when you get a chance.
Also.....yes, from now on let's have Mike be The Laughing Club Yoga instructor at Family Reunions.
I told The Littles all about the Laughing Yoga Club and they've been coming up with exercise for us to do.
Really though, huge groups get together and breathe in and out, and take cleansing breaths followed by big loud, Ho-ho-ho-'s, and ha-ha-ha's and heee-heee-hees.
The Littles made me do it wtih them, and all we did was LAUGH! I can see why it's a large movement with a large following.......It's much more fun than running!
I want to read more about the laughing club. I think I need one. I really do think laughing helps. I love that Pop went right along with Mike's Peruvian joke! Too funny! Mike is hilarious and you gotta love Pop for going along wiith it. Too funny!
Hey I tried to put I love to laugh on your blog, but I couldn't find it on playlist or anywhere. Did you find it?
I loved all your comments on my blog. I'm sorry I posted no Friday or Saturday Faves. I did put a new post up today, though. Let me know what you think of it, when you read it. My husband had one idea about what I was getting at, and I think he completely misunderstood, it, so I need a sister's perspective!
Oh, thank you for another song.
I will get to the bottom of it, eventually.
All right, well, now that I'm blogging again, I want everyone else to, too. I'm always searching everyone's blog to see if they've posted.
And, I love the laughing club. I think it's hilarious that it's real.
I don't know why we didn't think of it. People will join anything!
Post a Comment