Who could do that? Pajamas, sweats, and cotton make me feel like I'm home from school, sick, feverish and unproductive. I can't relax in such soft clothes. It makes me uncomfortable. I prefer stiff, starchy, well ironed blouses, and an apron. Then I can relax.Well, quick, before Conference actually begins, let's hear what everyone's doing, making, buying, and most importantly, planning for dinner. I only know what kind of cookies we'll be having; Ginger cookies, and Butterscotch pecan. We bought a few, new art supplies, a Scrabble card game, and a puzzle to work on. Erin Leigh splurged and bought the K'nex ferris wheel kit she's been wanting. Everyone needed a few quiet projects.
I love how Catherine calls Conference a Holiday, and how Mom bought a Honeybaked ham for the occasion. It really is a holiday. Everything stops for Conference, and everyone looks forward to it. I'm anxious to hear what is said, and will listen with both televisions on full blast so I can hear it loud and clear, and take notes at the kitchen table. All I need now is to figure out what we'll be having for dinner. It should be something wonderful. It's a holiday, you know.



7 comments:
okay, I too am looking forward to the Conference Hoilday. It does seem like we should treat it as such. I am planning a delicius menu and then I wet oh yeah I should eat that stuff and it all sounds so good. I think I might
give into the dark side and have some...anyway something with chicken, some popcorn ( thumbs up on my list )We are running all our errands today so we can really just enjoy tomorrow home. Off to the Farmers market for a few fresh vegetables to grill which I do love. Will keep you updated as my menu forms.....Nonnie Goat
The idea of you needing an apron and stiff starchy clothes, to relax is hilarious. I'm picturing you lounging on the couch with your arms placed stiffly at your side and your body positioned just so, so as not to mussle your stiff starchy blouse and apron.
I love hearing all the quiet activities that your family was doing during conference. Our quiet activities so far have been coloring and eating. Tommorow we'll probably break out the puzzles. But it won't be Charles Wysocki, sigh, it will be Princess and Elmo.
For dinner, tommorow, I'm planning on enchiladas, because I love dinners that I can assemble early in day and just forget about them.
Happy Conference!
"There's no time girls!" I still don't have enough time to write what I want to say. Betweeen the 5 kids and a keyboard with a handful of keys missing, I'm in pretty bad shape. Okay I am having Erin's Fall meal. I was going to have a ham but they are monsterously expensive so...Have a great time in your apron and with your puzzles! Wait! What are you having for Conference Holiday?
OK, who deleted? Fess up!
It was me. So sorry. I acidentally posted twice. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to boost your numbers!
Well, ya know......... half the comments are mine!
Post a Comment