CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 2, 2009

Laurie's Friday Favorites

Today, we are featuring Laurie's Friday Favorites. Due to her "weakened condition" she has a new list of delicacies to enjoy on Fridays and weekends. Her new Friday Favorites, include, "Sprouts, Little Cabbage Heads, Wild Oats and The Dead Grass on her hill." Four out of five doctors surveyed recommended these things to eat for the patient who can no longer have anything good to eat.




Years ago Laurie said she wished she had been a tree. She realizes now it would have been wiser to have been a goat. Then she could have eaten cardboard, clotheslines, and chain link fencing and it still would have tasted delicious. She said she's really looking forward to the upcoming holidays, and will be bringing wheat grass shakes, salads without dressing, and butterless popcorn to the family activities and movies.


In spite of all this, she has somehow managed to keep her wonderful sense of humor. She told me she watched a show on suicide and took notes. She also said that if we were truly, loyal sisters, we would, as a sign of solidarity, get Diabetes, too. I don't know if that's possible, but I promised to eat a salad with her and to stare at her vegetables without gagging.


It's nice to know that Laurie can laugh about her new diabetic lifestyle and that we are allowed to laugh with her, but I think Mary Kate said it best. "Oh, poor, Laurie. That poor little goat. "

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Well, I guess everyone's wating for me to start the bidding.
So here, we go:

I had to do a post about Laurie because her comments in the last post were so hilarious. I wanted everyone to know how funny she is in dealing with her weakened condition. We laugh about it all the time, and commiserate in disbelief because it would be so impossible and hard to have and deal with, and she knows I could never do it. She earns all my respect and help for trying.
We now plan fun-filled-non-eating activities. Now, we just sit at our favorite restaraunts alfresco style and drink our drinks, and not eat, and talk about all the things we're not going to eat. It's really fun. You should try it.

Ok, this is kind of funny: One of my friends invited me over to have lunch on her patio. I sent her back a reply telllng herI love eating alfresco style, and that I would love to come.
She later asked me if alfresco was a white or red sauce!!!! I can post this and laugh about it because we both laughed together when I told her it was Italian for outside! I just assumed she knew. Three or four of her kids all went to Italy on their missions. "Can you imagine?
That really is amazing, that so many would be sent to the same country. Especially since Erin, Roy, Heidi and Jack went to 4 different countries and learned 4 different languages and can't converse with one another at all in their learned languages. My friend also has a framed map of Italy in her home with all her kid's missionary badges showing the area where each served. Anyway, pass it on, "Alfresco" is the word of the day!

Catherine said...

Poor Laurie. Or should I say, "Poor Little Goat" ? I want to know about what kind of diet she has to stick to? Will she be able to eat all the Thanksgiving Food? Because that doesn't have a lot sugar, right?

We've been listening and listening and listening to all of your Halloween songs! My kids love it.

I can't wait for your Conference Post.

Lauriesconsult said...

Hello this is the nonnie goat checking in. Yes its true I a officially a goat but I am allowed
Taco Bell Ranchero Chicken Soft Tacos and my sweet husband brought two home to me or it would have been grazing in the grass for me.

Dear Leslie, thank goodness she can handle my humor and dark side. I am the Lord Vader of goats sometimes I feeling dark forces pulling me towards towards candy and sugar plums dancing my head. Who knew the dark side could become candy, ice cream and carbs.....And I won't tempt fate because I too like Leslie know it can always get worst.

Thanks for the support I am getting from all my brothers and sisters. I do believe before everyone xame to earth had to be tested to say " "Poor Laurie" and if you could you got to be a Renouf....

Well folks we will just have to wait and see what God has to say about all this.

Love to all Nonnie Goat