I've decided to join the party again. After having so much fun with Everyone at The Real Party a few weeks ago, I've decided to do a better job with The Blog Party. When I read Heidi's post about her Friday Favorites and the birthday cake ice cream, it felt like someone was having a party without me. And you know how I feel about that. We've been raised Jack and Barbara Renouf Style, which means you invite everyone you meet, met, could meet, and whomever they've met, too. It's The Renouf Way, and an exceptionally kind way, because everyone is welcome to join the party, the fun, and The Family.
Since Heidi shared a favorite ice cream for Friday Favorites, I thought I'd share our latest favorites, too. The kids love the Oreo ice cream sandwich. I love the Klondike-Oreo sandwich, and Mike loves The Klondike- Reese's ice cream sandwich.
I think mine is the most delicious because even though it's ice cream, it's crunchy! It really is. Somehow, they've made it crunchy. I also love that they come wrapped in foil, which reminds me of Ding Dongs, which also come wrapped in foil.
Some of you may be laughing and scoffing that I still eat Ding Dongs, but I do. I keep a box of them in the fridge for Sundays. The box in the fridge signifies that the weekends coming. It means you can grab two and sit on the couch and read the Sunday paper. They're my Sunday Favorite.
Well, thanks for letting me return to The Party. I promise to be a good guest, and mind my manners, and post more often about fun things. Heidi, Thank you for sharing your ice cream. All we need now are some balloons.





16 comments:
Well, I might as well start the comments.
The Blog Party reminds me of The Dog Party from Go, Dog Go, which reminds me of the dog in bed with his eyes wide open in the middle of the night who can't go to sleep. And, of course this reminds me of Jacob.
My Jacob, the man, Jacob.... The Man cub, Jacob, not Mary's little bear cub, Jacob.....although he's kind of a Man cub, too.
Anyway, I've missed the party, the nonsense, and the comments.
YEA!
Welcome to the party! I'm so glad you could make it. We're all having such a good time.
It always looks like a party from the other side, because in reality I'm sitting in a very messy house, half packed dealing with baby rattlesnakes, Hivey Ivy, and some kind of weird infection myself. Not to mention lots of tangled hair children still in their pajamas. Some party, huh?
I can't wait to try your new ice cream favorites. We're still trying to come down this week--hope we can meet you somewhere...
Really I am so glad you are posting again. I love your posts and you are always reading something interesting...keep it coming. We home bodies need it.
Viva la fiesta!
Hurray! You're back! Welcome to the party! I think blog party sounds like block party. And maybe we should close down a section of the internet and have our own little party! You're ice cream favorites look delicious and I haven't had a klondike bar in years! The same is true for Ding Dongs. But I love the idea of having them in the fridge for Sundays. Especially next Sunday, Conference Sunday. I planning all my delicious snacks. And I just added Klondike Bars and Ding Dongs to the list!
Tangled hair, baby snakes, weird infections, Klondike bars, Ding dongs, and Birthday Cake ice cream.
What a great party.
I hope Hivey feels better, and you, too Heidi.
Annie is sick and feeling miserable.
Everyone's worried it could be swine flu. I'm about to google it. Swine Flu! What a terrible name.
I love that organized-efficient Catherine is organizing her snacks for General Conference already.
Maybe we should do a Conference Blog and find out what everyone's having for dinner.
Maybe Mom could start. She loves to know what people are having for dinner. She used to ask Jeff Sung, Vicki Claunch, and Lori Globerman, too. Curious minds want to know.
Well, thank you Heidi, and Catte, for rolling out the welcome mat. And, Heidi, I'll get ready to roll it out for you when you come to California.
Come and stay with us. We would LOVE it. I hope you will.
I've been planning on doing a conference blog, but we could just do it here. . . I want to know wht everyone is doing and eating.
Poor Annie! Westy calls it the pink piggy flu, or something like that. I hope she feels better soon. Keep us posted.
I've been planning on doing a conference blog, but we could just do it here. . . I want to know wht everyone is doing and eating.
Poor Annie! Westy calls it the pink piggy flu, or something like that. I hope she feels better soon. Keep us posted.
Oh You've come back!!! Hooray! I can't stay and play right now beacause little Davy needs me but I am so glad you're back in the blogging world!
7 Comments!
I love it! Look what I've been missing.
I think Westy calls Swine Flu, Piggy Fever, which I think is a better name than Swine Flu.
I really am worried about Annie, though. We're going to Urgent Care first thing in the morning if she doesn't feel better.
Mary, I'm so glad you posted a comment, too.
I bet you had to type it one handed! I was thinking that when you get done taking care of all five of your children, and feeding the baby, and washing dishes, and folding the laundry, that you could get a dog. I think a dog is just what you need to fill the extra moments in your day.
And when you do, could you please call him, Goliath?????????
Still no time to post!Aghhhhhh!! Oh well. Love the new look, love having you post again, love gettiing comments from you, love reading everyones comments to you. Love,Love,Love It.
Oh, Mary.....sisters are the best audience.
Thank you for all the nice comments.
The holidays are coming, so it feels like I came back to blogging just in time.
How can you possibly have time to post anything?
I'm amazed you have time to comment.
Well, throw a topic my way. You know I'll have a love/hate/hot/cold/black or white opinion about it.
Then we can laugh about it.
Well, Well, Well so here's the party...Why wasn't I invited I have been blogging for months and I seldom get a party at my returning to the blogging world...in fact Ms. Burns I am not even on your blog list...forget the Mac Isaac Roots and Wings....Mac Isaac CACA...that name is no more. Now for my Friday night favorites Lets see
Sprouts, Little cabbage heads or AKA Brussels sprouts, wild oats, and the dead grass on my hill.
YUMMY !!
OH, POOR DIABETIC BURNSIE!
I COULDN'T EVEN READ YOUR COMMENT TO MY KIDS BECAUSE I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD I COULDN'T SAY THE WORDS!
I may have to publish your comment as a post becauseit made me laugh so hard. "Sprouts, little cabbage heads, wild oats, and the dead grass on my hill. Yummy!"
Remember when you used to say you should have been a tree, perhaps you should have wished to be a goat. Then all the sprouts, cabbage heads, wild oats and dead grass would taste delicious.
As for the party, how could anyone have a party without you? Your'e not only the best party thrower there is, but also the best guest.
Everyone who knows you, knows this is true.
Well, be sure and have a wonderful time at Disneyland today. I'll be staying at home in my weakened condition. That's code for unlikely to be cured anytime soon- poverty-stricken illness-disease!
All right Burnsie, Live it up at The Happiest place on Earth, and dont forget to Party On, Rock On, and Eat some Grass!
Oh Leslie I have the perfect song for me....you know its always about ME !
“Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy, A kid ‘ill eat ivy too, wouldn’t you?” Thats it I am a mare-doe-lamb eatting machine.
The Happiest Place In THe World will not be so happy without one of my bestest girl friends-and thenno Erin, Michelle, Cate, Mary Kate, Cammy, Katie & Lisa-Who we may run into , but alas the fun must go on.
Anyway you are all loved and missed!
Where ever you are, what ever your not doing Make it a great day !
"She wants me to work in my condition." I love Mrs. Snow from Pollyanna.
Les, you just say that whenever someone wants you to do something you don't want to do. Then they think you are deadly ill and they won't think you are referring to your 'money condition'. Although having your iron level at a 1 should be considered deadly ill in my opinion.
I'm sorry you won't be at the happiest place today. I wish I was there too. Maybe I could go to the market and buy some lovely frozen churros and wrap them up in some parchment paper and watch a Disney Movie and pretend I was there.
Ok I have to go. Davy needs me again. He always needs me.
Laurie's comments were hilarious. Poor little goat. Ok got to go bye!
Ohhhhhhh mmmmyyyy gooooossssshhhh.
I am laughing.
Poor Little Goat!
I LOVE Laurie's last comment:
Where ever you are and whatever you're not doing,
Make it a great day.
Ok, we used to have No Disneyland-Days when The Littles were really Little.
You eat churros, and popcorn, and dress up in every Disney costume you own, and watch all The Disney sing-a-long song DVD! It's almost just as good as Disneyland, but it only lasts 30 minutes!
Mrs. Snow is one of my favorites. "You have a stubby little nose." And I love how matter of fact Pollyanna is about it: I know it.
Then there's that delicious green ice cream and the cookie in the ice cream. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
I just checked yesterday and there were no new comments here and today I am laughing my head off! Laurie and her CACA MacIsaac! (I can barely bring myself to write it! haha!) And I love Laurie's mare eat oats and does eat oats, song! I think that she should put it on her blog! And I love that MK called her a poor little goat! I don't have anything funny to add, but I want you all to know that I'm here and I'm laughing!
Wherever you are and whatever your not doing, make it a great day!
And I think we just may have a No Disneyland day, tommorow! Speaking of which, Annabelle found an old bridesmaid dress in my closet and now she makes me wear it and we play dress up and have tea parties while I wear the absurd dress! Maybe I should blog about it!
Post a Comment