Blog Archive
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
-
Let's Watch Conference12 years ago
-
-
-
Wise Men Still Seek Him13 years ago
-
-
-
-
Excited for YOSEMITE!!!!!!!!15 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
My Blog List
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Mike's Dad's Birthday and "What A Good Friend"
Mike's Dad turned 70 so we hosted the big party. It was a surprise party and he was genuinely surprised. Mike and his family had a hard time keeping it that way and had dropped clues left and right, but they pulled it off. We had about sixty or seventy people here on Saturday. A few of Grou's brothers came and they were happy to see each other. Most of Mike's Mother's family came too, and everyone stayed til about 9:00 pm.
Mike's parents stayed until midnight, so I think they had a good time. Grou seemed very appreciative and Mike was hilarious to watch through the surprising. Tracy and I were both laughing at him and she even said "Look at him, he's nervous." And Mike said, "I am, I'm nervous," and then couldn't stop smiling. He was pretty much giddy all day, and was really happy to have everything go so well. He had planned everything, made all the phonecalls, hired the decorator (Tracy), and set up the chairs, tables, and even picked up the food. In fact, he almost missed the surprise and had to literally be ordered into the shower to get ready because he was doing Everything! The party turned out really well and I was happy for Mike and his Dad, too. I think everyone was happy for Mike's Dad, and he really did seem to have a great birthday.
Thank Gosh Tracy was there to keep me company. Mike enlisted her help with decorating because her skills are far better than mine. She makes everything beautiful, so I wasn't the least bit offended he wanted her help. She brought tablecloths, crates, balloons, sombreros, candy, and all kinds of things. Everyone loved the decor and complimented everything. Later, when Mallory's friends came over around midnight I let them think for 2 minutes that I had done it all myself. They were amazed and loved it, and then I told them it was all Tracy. They all laughed because they literally laugh at everything, which is why I love all of Mallory's friends.
As for My Poor Friend, many of Mike's relatives thought she was the hired help and treated her as such! Mike made a formal announcement and told everyone this is our friend, who has been our friend for a long time, and she helped us with the party today, but is not the hired help. Anytime someone asked Tracy who she was she said, "I'm nobody." But when they treated her like that she said, "Mike can never, ever be mean to me again!" I agreed, and told her none of us can. The entire night I just kept thinking how lucky I am and both of us are to have such nice friends who will always help us out, keep us company, clean up, and laugh at anything that is ridiculous. Erin had even written, "What a good friend you have," and it's true. I know it. We both do. Even at the end of the night, Tracy was walking around with a trashbag picking up the backyard, and so was Brian. One of Mike's cousins stopped me and told me how lucky I was and that I have a friend who will, "Watch Your Back." Of course, Trace had to scoff at this and "Watch Your Back" became the catch phrase of the night.
Most of our night went like this, and we found a million things to laugh about. I was grateful to have my buddy there keeping me company and making me laugh at everything through the whole party. I would have been lonesome without her, and she knew it. Erin said it perfectly, "What A Good Friend!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Propriety: noun: conformity to established standards of behavior or manner, suitability, rightness or justice. See "etiquette."
-Burnsie-
Popular Posts
-
If you haven't watched this movie could you please go straight to a Red Box, find it and watch it. It was ridiculous & absurd and I...
-
Here she is. Here is The Littles new dog. They wanted one so much that we gave in and let them have one. Doesn't she look like Girlie?...
-
All right, Sisters of The Yah-Yah Club, Where are all the comments? We need to get our Quilting Bee going again. Obviously, we need better ...
-
I have a funny story about this movie, or should I say a frustrating story. For weeks I'd wanted to see this movie, but it never worked...
-
Remember how in Meet Me In St Louis Tootie says she's so lucky to be born in her favorite city. Well, that's how I feel about Fall. ...
-
These are my latest addiction. They come in a bright, red bag. I usually eat the cheddar kind in the yellow bag, but when Erin was down sh...
-
The Littles went back to school today, and were happy to return. Actually, Erin Leigh was happy and Annie Laurie was semi-happy. That's ...
-
Is everyone ready or frantically getting ready for our trip? I'm so excited to go and am looking forward to being all together. I can ha...
-
I received my legal and signed document today from my ear surgeon. I have been officially excused from jury duty for the rest of my life du...
-
Just in case anyone had any doubt, which I doubt that anyone did, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is officially my new Magnificent Obsession. ...



7 comments:
I'll say it again then. I love the pictures, Mallory with her cover girl smile, the three ladies (Holly is in that gorgeous woman group now) and Mike being nervous. I tried to imagine him nervous when I saw the pictures. Sorry Mike.
It's true-Mike owes Tracy big time. Make him pay, Tracy. And by the way, I'm hosting a big party in a few weeks, and I was wondering....:)
Oh, I wrote a long comment yesterday and I come back today and it is all gone. That's so frustrating, I think I'll go eat a taco. I'll say it again, you do have one great friend. I also think Mike is a smart guy-if he wants Leslie at a family party, he should just invite Tracy. That way you're not only guarunteed to come, but also to have a great time. Mike, you owe Trac big time.
OK-I see that was my comment-I accidentally posted as the Renouf family since I was at Heidi's house. Grandpa Bud has been in the hospital so we dashed up there to see him. He's not supposed to last much longer, but you never know. He has an indomitable rallying spirt.
Oh, I could've swore I left you a comment, yesterday! Anyway, what a good friend Tracy is. It looks like it was such a fun party. And I'm sorry about your sofa sleeper.
For the non-party giver, you really know how to out do yourself. Perhaps part of the party planner success is knowing the right people to assist. Better yet if those assistants are one's dearest friends. What a wonderful tribute to Grau. Seventy years requires many learning experiences and a few shed tears and how happy it makes life's veterans when your family takes a moment to say thank you. Love Mom and Dad
Thankyou so much for the spicy thai chips! They are so good! I love them. They totally have my nose running (Eww Sick!) Even Baby Paul loves them, he keeps pointing at the bag and saying, "spicy." They sent Miss Annabelle into panic mode. And thankyou so much for the video. You're too nice! I don't have it and I've only seen parts of it. So I'm excited to watch it after I put my kids to bed at 5:30 tonight. And since it takes place in Europe, I'm even more excited. Whenever I start to doubt whether I should or should not be going, I watch something that takes place in Europe and I feel like I can't wait to go. You're right, I'm going to love it, just love it! Thankyou so much for your generous gift, just for responding to a movie quote. You really are such a nice sister! I can't wait to laugh and be silly with you all over Europe! I have a silly movie quote for you, I thought I left it on here somewhere, but now I can't find it. Okay here it is, "I wish I could bake a cake with smiles and rainbows"
Oh yes, Thankyou so much for my detailed response. You're the best person to get a note from, it's like the gift that gift that keeps on giving. A note on the outside of the package (I can't see how Holly could be right on this one. If I had the movie I'd watch it right now to check. But I'm still crazy about Holly, I won't hold it against her. =D ) A little notecard inside the package, and a card to boot! It's so fun to read all your notes.
Anyway, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! It was so fun, to get a package in the mail. Thankyou!
Sounds like a fun party. Thank heavens for good friends or as my mother in law says to everybody, including little pets and bugs, "Bless their hearts". I love good friends, sometimes I wish we could bottle them up in a little bottle and keep them in our pantry for a rainy day. Friends are wonderful assets, especially when they cook, clean, smile, smell, decorate, advise, spend, speak Spanish, color, skateboard, play guitar, make 7 layer dip, make their bed and drive better than ourselves, if only I could be as good as my friends. I wish the world valued friendship more. Good luck little Rieta in mending the riff with the couch potato(e)
Post a Comment