CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Mary Kate's Birthday

Mary, It's your Birthday. Happy Birthday, Pretty Little Mare. I hope you have a super-happy-wonderful day getting to do all the things you love to do like wash your hair, and wash your car. (Oh, that's right, that's Mom, not you. haha)
I remember getting up on the day you were born and finding a note in the family room by the telephone telling us we had a new baby sister. Another girl, and we were all so excited. Dad had also left us a big box of Winchell's donuts, so everyone had donuts and celebrated you, the new baby.
Aren't you glad you get to be the baby of the family for your whole life? Everyone adores the baby.
You have always been one of my little buddies, and truthfully, everyone's little buddy, but I'm so glad that's it's lasted our whole life long, and we are still good buddies, even though I'm a hundred years older than you.
I will always remember you watching roller derby when you were so little, maybe three years old, and then going out on your roller skates and practicing. And you could do it!
And now I watch you wakeboard.
You are amazing, and such a nice sister, and I always think of Mom's story she gave you about the little girl who was asked what she did today, and what she did was sat down and helped her friend cry. So cute.
Well, I hope you have a great birthday, and know that your whole, entire family loves you. How could we not! You're the Baby!

7 comments:

Prudy said...

What a nice tribute to an exceptionally charming girl. It's awfully easy to love someone that is so gracious about it all. And then to top it off, she marries someone who is just as loveable. Jane and Mr. Bingley those two.

MK and Co. said...

All of you are too kind. I love being a part of this wonderful-super-complimentary-family. I really do love being the baby. It's a delightful spot in the family. I think all of my beautiful sisters are amazing a so talented. I don't know how I got so lucky to come to a family with so many exceptional abilities not having many to boast of myself. There must have been a slip in some paper work somewhere.
Thanks you Leslie for writing such nice things. I'm s glad to be your friend. You have always been so nice to me ever since I can remember. You took me baseball games, played with me, and let me bother your boyfriend.
I got to watch you as a young girl be such a great mom to your family. You showed us how to make everything fun and to really enjoy your little children. I’m still working on that one. To my dear sister and the best greeter ever!, Thanks you!

Babs Renouf said...

There was once upon a time when a baby girl came to earth to meet her seven sisters, two brothers and her very own niece who arrived a few months earlier.And of course, her mother and father who seemed more like grandparents to you. It seems like you were always a fortunate little girl, determined and energetic and ever hungry. We were glad to provide lots of ice cream and plenty of protein for your growing up years. Now your turn is taking care the endless needs of four super kids. We are delighted to know you. Dad and I combined our best talents and DNA for you and our thriving posterity. Happy Birth Day!! Love, Jack and Babs

Leslie said...

Mary,
It's your day! We're suppose to praise you, not you praise us, but it was awfully nice of you to do so.

All the girls just came by the computer and yelled,
"Happy Birthday, Mare!"
(Aunt Mare!) And, Mallory said, Mar-e, I'm gonna put you in the oven!

Mike said, he has nothing to say until tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

What a nice post for Mary Kate. She should copy it and post it on her blog, too! Mary Kate really is loved and revered by the whole family! What a gal!

Prudy said...

Off the subject, but I went through a real Evelyn Waugh phase about 10 years ago. I loved Brideshead and thought it was a very insteresting and engaging read. I saw it on your list-what did you think of it?

Leslie said...

Erin,
I thought so, too. I wasn't sure what it was about at all. It's very interesting and of course I love all the religious content, as well. I am always interested in religious thought.
I will write more about this book, later, but wanted to tell you I was fascinated with The Midnight Disease. The entire time I was reading it I kept thinking of Joseph Smith, and sure enough at the end of the book she discussed him.
The author is this incredible scientific woman from Harvard, who suffered from Hypergraphia after losing her twins. It was very interesting and of course, she listed so many authors who had it. F. Scott Fitzgerald was one of them.
It had many interesting ideas and theories, discussed religious experiences, writing, temporal lobes(located behind the ears)and almost a madness in writers to find and their ability to find meaning.
Another book I am really glad I read was The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. There was one piece of information in it that made perfect sense to certain things we learn. It was about endless quantities and the moment I read it,I understood something I had always wondered about, and had asked about, even to Dad, and no one ever had a satisfying explanation.
This was the right explanation.
If you get a chance to read the book you will probably know exactly what I am referring to.
It's worth reading. It is a sad story about a very positive, incredible man.