Not only is Laurie delightful, (she was told this at one of her interviews) but magical, too. She snuck into my blog (everyone sneaks into my blog!) (haha, Trace. ) and put all these pictures of our trip on it for me.
We had a great trip to Nauvoo. I love traveling with Laurie. Everyone should travel with Laurie. Funny things happen to her all the time, and then you get to watch. Of course, the funniest was when we got up to use the bathroom on the airplane. Our seats were the very first row outside of first class, so it was a long walk to the bathroom at the back of the plane. Laurie marched all the way back to her seat only to have my girls cry out when they saw her, "AUNT LAURIE!" Her skirt was tucked up in her garments!
"Poor Her!" This is what I am talking about. These kinds of things have been happening to her for years. We all laughed so hard over this and then she told The Littles her other story about knocking down the line of ropes at the bank. Later she told the airplane story to all The Zunigas at Mom and Dad's. Then after having just told the story, came out of the bathroom with her skirt tucked up in her garments, AGAIN!
Also, when we were at The Double Tree hotel, we were told by the front desk to go to the gift shop for our complimentary cookies. We went to the gift shop and no one was there, but there was a basket of cookies on the cashier counter. So, we helped ourselves.
Then this woman shows up and acts like we're criminals who she's caught stealing. We explain ourselves, and that we were sent personally by the front desk. Anyway, as I am waiting to pay for my candy bar, Laurie leaves and on her way out tells the woman what a rude person she is. I had no idea she was going to do this, and I am the one left to deal with the now offended woman! Fun!
Laurie always says that it was horrible for her to watch me pregnant or nurse babies because I always looked so uncomfortable, miserable, and full of pain. (She also says Candice reminds her of me because she is the same way.) She remembers me curling my toes, and my eyes full of tears. Well, this is pretty much the same way with me when I fly, and Laurie felt terrible for me. She was so nice, and kept leaning across the aisle and patting my arm because I was having the worst dry heaving imaginable. Heidi, Erin, and Catte have all flown with me and know it can be bad sometimes. This was one of those bad times and I was so mad because I was wearing one those patches that make me tired and retarded and it didn't work at all. Laurie said I was scaring everyone on the plane! And of course, even though it's so awful, one look at Laurie and we would break out laughing. So, there I am miserable, heaving, nauseous, dizzy, dying, almost crying, and laughing!
Also, The Littles loved Laurie. They think there is no one funnier! We had slumber parties every night, and laughed our heads off. Erin Leigh was hilarious and wanted to sleep with Laurie, and of course Laurie let her. They tried on Mom's pioneer bonnet at night as we were going to bed! This was so funny, and Laurie, like Mom, loved it and wanted to wear it permanently, like Scarlet.
One night, it was too dark, so Erin told Laurie to get up and turn the light on. (SO funny) Laurie tells Erin, "You get up and turn it on." Neither one them did, so they had to go to bed scared, and Erin Leigh asked Laurie to hold her hand til she fell asleep.
Our trip was so much fun. We had such a good time, loved seeing The Pageant, meeting the cast, seeing Mom and Dad's home, and spending time with Mom and Dad. They are beloved in Nauvoo! Everyone loves them, and acted thrilled to meet us, too, because of them. People told us it was a privilege to meet us, and I just kept thinking, "It's really not. "I"m nobody!"
Dad seemed just like a General Authority, and Mom, as we all know, could have been a pioneer. We loved being there. There really is a great feeling there, and a sense of truth, history, and goodness. I loved hearing President Hinckley's voice at the end of the pageant, and missed him the moment I heard him speak. Annie has sung The Spirit of God daily, and almost non stop since we have come home. In fact, last night The Littles were having a discussion about their hobbies (because Erin Leigh is knitting a scarf! 7 years old and she's knitting a scarf. Mom showed her how, and she is just like Aunt Erin with her Crosstitch, Bop-It, Rubik's cube, and Her blog, and can't put it down. She was up until 11:30 pm knitting last night, and it was a school night! (She was in bed but knitting.) Anyway, they were talking about their hobbies and that they don't have any of the same hobbies and that really they hate to do each others hobbies, and Erin Leigh said when Annie went out, very quietly to me, "She sings way too much. It drives me crazy."
Anyway, we were so lucky to get to go. It all worked out and we had such a good time. Mom and Dad couldn't have been nicer, and it was worth it just to get a glimpse of their life there. I will write more about my trip later but I just wanted to write a few Laurie Stories. Some day, I'll have to write a whole book full.
Blog Archive
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
-
Let's Watch Conference12 years ago
-
-
-
Wise Men Still Seek Him13 years ago
-
-
-
-
Excited for YOSEMITE!!!!!!!!15 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
My Blog List
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Propriety: noun: conformity to established standards of behavior or manner, suitability, rightness or justice. See "etiquette."
-Burnsie-
Popular Posts
-
If you haven't watched this movie could you please go straight to a Red Box, find it and watch it. It was ridiculous & absurd and I...
-
Here she is. Here is The Littles new dog. They wanted one so much that we gave in and let them have one. Doesn't she look like Girlie?...
-
I have a funny story about this movie, or should I say a frustrating story. For weeks I'd wanted to see this movie, but it never worked...
-
All right, Sisters of The Yah-Yah Club, Where are all the comments? We need to get our Quilting Bee going again. Obviously, we need better ...
-
Remember how in Meet Me In St Louis Tootie says she's so lucky to be born in her favorite city. Well, that's how I feel about Fall. ...
-
These are my latest addiction. They come in a bright, red bag. I usually eat the cheddar kind in the yellow bag, but when Erin was down sh...
-
The Littles went back to school today, and were happy to return. Actually, Erin Leigh was happy and Annie Laurie was semi-happy. That's ...
-
Is everyone ready or frantically getting ready for our trip? I'm so excited to go and am looking forward to being all together. I can ha...
-
I received my legal and signed document today from my ear surgeon. I have been officially excused from jury duty for the rest of my life du...
-
Just in case anyone had any doubt, which I doubt that anyone did, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is officially my new Magnificent Obsession. ...



6 comments:
Laurie IS so much fun! I loved all those stories about her. Especially about her skirt. But she's so nice to let Erin sleep with her. How cute is that. And I love Love LOVE that Erin Leigh loves Mom's pioneer bonnet and that she loves to knit. I laughed my head off, because I pictured her in her bed knitting her scarf, with Mom's pioneer bonnet on her head. Could you please buy her a pioneer bonnet, so you could take a picture of her knitting in bed with it on.
Anyway, funny funny post! That cracks me up that you opened your blog and saw all those slide shows that Laurie put up for you.
And Oh yes, I'm going to Europe. I'm having major anxiety over it, but I can't not go. So yes, I'm in. And I hope that Laurie wears that troublesome skirt of hers at some point on the trip! Or perhaps you could borrow it!
Catte,
We have been taking pictures of Erin Leigh in her bonnet knitting. Let's hope I can figure out how to post them.
I am so glad you're going to Europe. How could we go without you. Your kids will be just fine, and they'll be so happy when you get back.
How can you suggest that I wear Laurie's skirt. I'll tell her to pack it for you!
haha
Leslie,
Oh please please please, extra-large, super duper, whopper, big mac, big as you got, post a picture of Erin Leigh in bed with a bonnet knitting! E-mail Alex and ask him to walk you through the process. I Need to see that picture!
OK, why are you in CA when half of your family is in UT? YOu should have come, you silly woman. We could have shared a queen bed and done some knitting in our own bonnets, covered in a patchwork quilt.
I do love a good Laurie story. They're pretty tough to beat. Can that be another one of your books? The Laurie Story. Get cracking.
I haven't even talked to you about Nauvoo yet and now Mom and Dad are home and they are telling me about your trip. I hope we get a chance to talk before another week begins.
Oh Leslie I am so glad you are back on blogging. Your Laurie and Little Stories were so funny. I cannot believe that story of Laurie tucking her skirt up in her garments and then walking back down the tiny airplane aisle! Well actually I can believe it. And then to tuck it back again after the hysterical story was just told. So funny!
Also Erin Leigh and the knitting! I cannot believe she can knit! That's so great. I want to learn how. Can she show me? I also love that Annie and Erin have very different hobbies and hearing about thier feelings towards these differences.
I'm so glad you had a great trip but I'm sorry about your drive heaves. That sounds terrible. I know I'll be horribly sick on our way to Europe. Maybe we can sit by each other and be sick together?
Prudy,
I should have just tagged along with Mike.
The Littles have fought non-stop since he left. I think they're showing off.
I've been gone so much, what would have been one more trip.
I always love to come to your house. I love The Nantucket room, cookies as you walk through the door, and everything else delicious you make every moment we're there.
We could have borrowed Mom's bonnets, and had a Slumber Party. ( I swear one of my Favorite-Favorite Family Reunions was the one when we all stayed at Mom and Dad's and slept in the front room all together, laughing our heads off and talking all night long. And everything is even funnier in the middle of the night. This is why I love Slumber Parties.)
And, yes, I do need to write The Laurie Story. That could be a best seller.
Mary,
Adam graduated! Congratulations. I tried to call you so you could tell me all about it, but I guess I will have to wait until Monday to hear.
YES, YES, YES we are sitting together on the plane because we had the best time sitting together during The Sound Of Music at Tuacahn! Actually, I want to play musical chairs and sit by everyone. I want everyone to have a turn to almost be thrown up on. I"ll be the most popular person on the plane!
Isn't that funny about The Little's? They really do hate each other's hobbies. Anne does not enjoy legos or puzzles, or knitting or crochet. Her favorite thing to do (she's doing it right now) is to turn on a soundtrack in the kitchen and sing along to it for the entire thing while she's looking at the pictures of the movie or play. And poor Erin Leigh likes it quiet.
Anyway, it's The Sabbath; the best day for family phone calls!
By the way, Where's Heidi? How is she? I haven't talked to her in weeks. (Listen to this, too)
(I sat with Amy Zuniga today in Relief Society. I love Amy. (her mother in law is in my ward.)
Post a Comment