CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very Bad Cookie

The Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very Bad Cookie, also known as Chocolate Crackles turned out to be a Wonderful, Delicious, Really Good, Super Great Cookie! The problem was me and my chocolate. I used unsweetened chocolate instead of bittersweet, also known as semisweet. I blame Martha. She confused me. We made a new batch today and they turned out wonderful and they look beautiful. Jacob just said he thought they were crumbly, and Holly said, "You can call them Chocolate Crumbles." We all disagreed with him though and thought they were just fine. Holly really liked them, and I, of course, loved them. I love chocolate cookies and will definitely make these again........even in Australia!
So here's the recipe.
Chocolate Crackles
8 0z. SEMISWEET NOT BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE
1 1/4 C. flour
1/2 C.cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. coarse salt
1/2C. butter
1 1/2 C. brown sugar
1/3 C. milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 C. granulated sugar
1 C. powdered sugar
Do I really have to type out directions for everyone? We all know how to make cookies. Just melt the chocolate and add it to the butter, and brown sugar after adding eggs and vanilla, milk, and cocoa.
Roll into balls and dip in sugar and then powdered sugar. Bake at 350 for 10 min.

7 comments:

Prudy said...

Hooray. I knew Martha wouldn't let you down. I went to make your other marshmallow cookies and found out I was just about out of cocoa powder. So then I made chocolate chip, but I added some citric acid re a tip from my Food Network assistant. BLAH! They were tart cookies. What a bad cookie day. I did make some honey and cayenne pecans and everyone loved them and also a salad with sunflower seeds, craisins and blue cheese. E

Leslie said...

Don't you hate it when cookies don't turn out? I just made Mike buy me 4 cans of cocoa because I always run out, and need it for sheet cake and rollo cookies.
Your dinner sounded delicious.
I always love your sugared pecans, and know I would love these too.
We had our usual Sunday dinner---tacos. Annie had her recital today, and poor thing had stage fright and forgot a good portion of the lyrics. But, I was so amazed and proud of her because SHE KEPT GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!
She said she was so nervous and just couldn't remember them. I'm amazed she could do it at all. Her piano songs were perfect, so I think she was ok. Afterward, when the recital wast all over she almost burst into tears......but she made it to the car.
Poor Annie...but I give her a lot of credit for seeing it through.
Anyway, thanks for helping me with the cookie....all it took was asking me what kind of chocolate did I use. Thanks Again, Erin.

Fantastic Mr. R said...

Your funny.

Fantastic Mr. R said...

ps....Tell Annie I will share some very inspiring piano stories with her at the reunion...Tell her the key word is "the ward asked me not to play along in the middle of a song"...that way I'll be sure to remember which "inspiring" story it was.
Good for her for keeping face. She's a Renouf through and through!

Fantastic Mr. R said...

Dear Editor,
Please change that previous comment to read:
You're funny.
Sincerely,
Miss Spelled

Leslie said...

Who is that commenting for The Renouf Family?
Heidi, is that you?
Who asked you to stop playing? How awful. Erin has seen me play b4 for Primary, so she knows it's bad.
Hands shaking the whole time.
Anyway, Poor Ann. She wasn't expecting to be nervous at all. I think she was shocked by it.
All her practices were perfect and she seems so at ease. Poor thing.
No way could I have done what she did.
"Can You Imagine?"

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're posting all of these cookies recipes! Every Sunday night, I'm going to make one of your cookie recipes! Delcious!!! I'm so happy you got to the bottom of what was wrong with these cookies! HURRAY for Leslie!