CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

RED ALERT

Heidi recently published a post about The Lollipop song and Mrs. Oppenlander.  So everyone has probably been thinking about Mrs. Oppenlander and singing the song to their children. Well, at least we have. My little girls were actually LAUGHING at me singing it.
To convince them that this was a great song, and that everyone always looked forward to singing it, I told them even Holly and Mallory knew the song.  They couldn't believe it.  So, Holly sang it too! 
Then Holly told me this:  Mrs. Oppenlander is retiring. 
Holly's friend from KINDERGARTEN called last night. They both had Mrs. Oppenlander for not just one year but three!  Danielle told Holly Mrs. Oppenlander is retiring and that she even went to Scott Avenue to visit her.
I believe Heidi must have sensed Mrs. Oppenlander was up to something.  I can't help but wonder if anyone else knew this?  Did Mom?  Well, someone will have to tell Mrs. Oppenlander we have all been thinking about her and singing The Lollipop song she taught us. 
(Didn't Erin even write about her recently on her blog?) 
One last thing:  Holly's little friend Danielle is married!  We couldn't believe it.  It seems like they should both still be in Kindergarten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Mrs Oppenlander is retiring! Now she can't be Annabelle's kindergarten teacher! And I'm jealous that Holly knows the lollypop song and I don't! Can you make her teach it to me at the reunion? I don't know Holly's little friend Danielle. Why don't I remember her?

Prudy said...

Holly's little Danielle is a bride? Where did she meet her husband? I thought if I homeschooled my children they wouldn't be able to meet eligible partners until they were 72. There goes that theory.
Yes, Mrs. Oppenlander has come up lately and now, just when we were reminiscing about her, she had to go and retire. I wish I could go shopping one more time at her Snoopy store. I still didn't get that Snoopy wallet I wanted, since I got sick and Elisa wedged me out.
Come here tomorrow
Oh and I loved my ode to Jeffrey on my blog. I have hopes that Ina will read it. I really do! Dorie Greenspan participates on Tuesdays with Dorie. Will Ina meet Prudy? I hope so. Will she read what Leslie said about Jeffrey? I hope so, too.

Leslie said...

Erin,
I didn't even think Ina reading your blog was a possiblity. Wouldn't that be the greatest.
I wish I would have written better lyrics.
I'm sure you'll be "rubbing spatulas" with Dorie and Ina in no time.
You've already done so with your good friend Rachael.