I'm really not official yet as I don't have any pictures or music, but I guess it won't stop me from writing. So, I guess I will just tell you about my day today.
I made a super delicious new cookie. The recipe came from Martha Stewart's Cookies book. You may have seen it. I bought it at Target for $20. ( I am so glad Target carries books.
It is my favorite aisle in the store.) The cookie is called Surprise Cookies. The Surprise is a half of a Marshmallow baked on top of a chocolate cookie covered in chocolate frosting, which I also covered in nuts.
I was anxious for Erin Leigh to have one since she loves marshmallows, but she came home from school in a very bad mood because she wanted to go to Jamba Juice and I wouldn't take her. The mood lasted a very long time, I'm afraid, and she only recently apologized for it.
I just asked her if she liked the cookie and she said, "Oh, my goodness I loved them."
This cookie reminded me of the birthday cakes Mom used to make for us. I ate three of them.
It was the first thing I ate all day, and I kept saying, "This is a delicious dinner." And Holly said, "It's also your breakfast and lunch."
Tonight we're actually having one of my very favorites, " Side Dish Dinner"! We're having Erin's red-dill potatoes, a big, green salad, Summit House corn, and garlic bread.
I wish we could have a strictly Side Dish Dinner on Thanksgiving, too.
Wouldn't that be a great restaurant, Strictly Sidedishes. All the vegans in the world would love it. I also wish they had a drive thru called Snacks, and you could drive through for a cookie, or a pretzel or a big piece of Great Harvest Bread.
We also have Water Polo tonight for The Littles'. Mallory is their coach so it works out great.
Usually. However, today she left without them because she didn't feel like waiting for them.
That girl is definitely her own person, and I just can't imagine who she gets that from.
Well, thank you to everyone for reading and laughing at my absurd comments. Let's hope there will be more to come tomorrow.



6 comments:
HURRAY! HURRAY! I'm so excited that you are posting!! That cookie sounds sooo delicious! I want to eat one! I always love EL responses to delicious food! I love the time at Erin's when she asked you if she could have "one of those delicious cookies" and when she got one she said,"these really are delicious!" She's so cute! And I'm so jealous of side dish dinner! Those are always my favorites! And if anyone in your family isn't crazy about it, give them a little slice of bread and jar of jam!
Oh Catherine, Hurray you noticed I'm half way up and running.
I loved your last line.
We seem to be in sync with all our references to Frances.
Erin Leigh is the best to cook for. She and Annie both, but Erin Leigh loves to look at cookbooks, cook, and watch cooking shows. She has inherited not only Aunt Erin's name but her interests, as well.
I'm so happy. This is the best, Leslie! It's like getting a letter from you everyday! Now Adam and I will be fighting over the computer to read your hysterical writings instead of fighting over the mail trying to be first to read your letters. I love hearing about your super delicious cookie. You know I'm always interested in hearing about food. I would love to try one of those Suprise cookies and I would love it all the better if you could make it and I'll just eat it. It will taste better that way. I'm sure of it. Erin Leigh is adorable. She has the most winning expressions. I also loved your idea about a drive-thru featuring snacks. I'm all for drive-thru. But I would have to get several snacks beacuse I'm especially hungry. I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am that you have begun blogging. You have made my day. Congratulations for your new accomplishment and I can't wait to read more!
Leslie,
Can I be president of your fan club?
Dear Madame President,
It was all because of Annaliese. If she could do it, surely, I a grown woman of Forty-Two, plus some made up years, should be able to do it, too.
I've always said you are my best audience. You and Adam both. Fighting over my letters! How simply marvelous. How flattering.
And you know how I love a good compliment.
Elaine and I, both.
(Actually, it makes me very nervous to get a compliment. Internally I'm elated, but externally it makes me very flustered. Even my piano teacher has commented about this because I will be playing along just fine, but the minute she tells me I am playing well, it makes me so nervous that I then play terribly. She has decided to wait until I finish the song to compliment me.
Everyone would laugh at me if they saw me.
It's embarrassing!
Les:
I'm so busy-about to have the Laurels over for cheesecake class, but Catte told me you posted so I raced to the computer. Hooray! I want the cookies and the dinner. Can you bring your cookie book? Or maybe it's the one that Heidi got mom for Mother's Day. Whenever anyone gets mom a book, I want to steal it. I love my sisters' taste in books. OK-I'll be back later...
Post a Comment