
I have another Michael Cera movie to recommend. Paper Heart. It's a documentary about love, or rather, about Charlyne Yi's skepticism about love. Charlyne Yi is unusual, quirky and funny. We've already established Michael Cera is funny, and he was funny again in this movie. I loved the stories from the interviewees. They were true stories and some of them were very sweet without trying to be. (One story even drew Mike in and made him sit down and watch the movie with me.) The artwork in the movie was really fun to see, and that alone made me love the movie. It made me want to create funny pictures about my whole life.
And the song Charlyne sings will be stuck in your head for days. I made Holly and Mallory watch at least some of this movie while they were home, and they ended up singing the song very loudly together in the backseat of the car with Annie and Erin. I know if you watch it you'll end up singing it, too. If I had a guitar I'd be practicing it right now.
It also includes a trip to the zoo, a trip to a fortune teller, and a trip to Paris. It may move a little slow, but it's fun enough and interesting enough to finish. I loved the title and it automatically made me think of things associated with paper; crumpled, rumpled, torn, shredded, folded, ripped and ruined. I realize the heart is a resilient little muscle, but it's also very delicate. As delicate as paper.



4 comments:
Okay! Another movie to add to my "must watch" list. I'm not really sure why I I haven't seen this movie? By the way, I love the last couple lines in your post. :)
I like hearing real people's love stories or conversion stories. I guess I just like when people talk about what is real and personal so this sounds interesting, but do I dare after Scott Pilgrim? Ha,Ha! I do think Michael Cera is funny. He is pretty much always the same character, but the way he delivers his lines is funny. Have you seen Juno? I actually did like that movie. It was well written and smart.
Oh I need to catch up. I still haven't even watched Scott Pilgrim. I need to find a better red box. Our closest one is inside Wal Mart. I need one that is outside. Oh well. Hopefully I'll get Scott Pilgrim watched this weekend. And then Paper Heart sometime soon after. I can't wait to watch both. Thanks for sharing.
The keyboard on my computer is broken. We have to get a new one. I can't blog on my iPad. I can only comment and typing on the iPad is terrible; two finger hunt and peck method.
I'm sad I can't blog today because "Per'ty Miss Leslie" died today. I wasn't a loyal follower but I always loved her in Giant and it is sad to know a great and beautiful actress is gone. Poor Perty Miss Leslie.
Post a Comment