CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Lizard, A Tooth, Some Books, A Movie, and More Books






I'm having a crazy, busy week. I just got back from an awards assembly for Erin Leigh. It was very nice, and they had many good things to say about her. The teacher also commented and wrote about her sense of humor. This made me laugh because it's something many of her teacher's have commented on. They all love her sense of humor, and that she understands the meaning of things. It's a continuous statement in her life, and her teacher last year always said she was the only one in her class who got her jokes.

I was happy Erin Leigh had a nice day today because yesterday she had to have a tooth pulled and it turned out to be a monster tooth! She had been in pain all weekend, and turned out her permanent tooth was coming in too fast and the baby tooth had to go. Thankfully, she is feeling much better now.

While I was at the dentist I read an article about a Broadway play coming out called The Book Of Mormon. It wont' be anything kind, or reverent because it's by the writer's of South Park.
I was surprised to see the article and I'm sure the play will be awful, but I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about it, or if The Church is ready and bracing themselves for it.

Also, I heard an advertisement for a movie about one of Dr. Oliver Sacks patients. I love Dr. Sacks and have read many of his books and just finished his memoir, Uncle Tungsten.
His parents came from enormous families so he grew up with 100 first cousins and many aunts and uncles. It seemed like everyone in his family was a doctor, a mathematician or an economist. Dr. Sacks is a kind, compassionate man, who loves his patients. His books are all about how interesting so many have been.

The movie, The Music Never Stopped is based on Sack's essay, The Last Hippie. It is about a patient who had a benign brain tumor and was never able to live a normal life. But, the man came to life when the music of his youth was played. I'm trying not to google anything about it because I want to be surprised when I see it. I never like to know too much about a film because I like to form my own opinions without any influence. I also do not want to know what is going to happen. Ever! But, I'm excited to see this movie, and almost certain it will be good.

The rest of my week was filled with Visiting Teaching. One of the people I see has numerous cats. NUMEROUS. Their names are written on a chalkboard in the front room. All nine. They are big, chubby, striped, stuffed animal, Cheshire cat, kind of cats. I am terrified of them. But, I must admit, I am also a little fascinated by them. Fascinated from a distance.

Also, Holly is home. Hurray. Annie won a raffle and so all four girls are going to a Firehouse dinner together tonight, which worked out perfectly and will provide free entertainment. Saturday, Mallory has two games, and on Sunday we're going over to Violet's for the big Halloween Party, which really means we're going to church with Laurie for her birthday.

Well, that is my week, and these are the things I have found interesting. I went to the library yesterday and found eight books that also seem interesting, so I'm going to go underwater for a week and immerse myself in them. When I come back up for air, I'm sure I'll write something about them. Which, I'm sure you'll all be holding your breath for.

Oh and LISTEN TO THIS. I just got up and walked in the dining room and THERE IS A LIZARD IN MY HOUSE! A LIZARD!!! Oh, thank gosh Jordan is home because he is the one who has got to do something about it. This is really awful, and if he doesn't catch it I will not be able to relax all day. OH, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE. Roy came over and saved the day once for me a long time ago when a lizard was in my house on Bluefield. And I think everyone knows I already stepped on a lizard in this house last year, BAREFOOT!
All right, obviously I have to go. Please light a candle, say a prayer, and cross your fingers for me because there's a lizard in my house!!!!

I wrote this yesterday and didn't post it. But, the other thing that happened yesterday was that our dog caught a rabbit in our yard. It was traumatic for all of us, and Jordy saved the day again by taking care of all of it while I sat nervously in the house trying not to watch.
Want to hear something else traumatic? Today Holly was in the kitchen at the computer eating a Banana! I had to go outside until she finished!












3 comments:

Leslie said...

I tried to put that picture of a lizard at the bottom of this post and not at the top. I even tried to get it off because it looks so awful. Just looking at it makes me want to cry.
Catte Woman, if you can work your blog magic and wave your magic wand over it to make it disappear I would be so grateful.
As Georgie, Carolyne's little girl would say,
"Oh, that's terr'ble." Having a lizard in the house, really is. I just keep hoping there aren't any more.

Leslie said...

I wrote this a couple of days ago and forgot to post it.
So know that yesterday meant Tuesday and Wednesday and all of this week.
And it was the lizard picture I was trying to remove.
Yuck!

Catherine said...

I saw this post the other day, but you unposted it before I had a chance to leave a comment. I'm sorry about the bunny. You had Bill in your house and your dog caught the white rabbit, now he's really going to be late.

I have actually heard of the musical, "The Book of Mormon." It was big talk around here a while ago. I think the position that the church took (and I may be mistaken) was that maybe it will increase people's curiousity about the Book or Mormon and the church.

I have a very important question . . why are the cat's names written on the chalkboard? Are the cats learning to recognize their names? Was it a chore chart? Or maybe they all had Family HOme Evening assignments?