I got it. I got one. This was waiting for me under the Christmas tree and I love it.I wasn't sure if I would but I really do. It's a reader's dream come true. Barnes&Noble is with me at all times. Books, newspapers, movies and music are just a click away. It amazes me. I will never not have anything to read ever again.
I have already read 4 books on it. I love the background because it is so white and clean. The pictures in the children's books look so pretty and bright, and the dictionary is with me as I read. All I have to do is click on a word and the definition pops up. I can highlight as I read and it marks my page when I finish. It's wonderful.
I can lay in bed and check my email, my blog, my bank account, my calender, and most importantly, read and order books throughout the entire night. It is definitely a great addition to my reading life. Now, all I want to do is fill up my bookshelves.



5 comments:
Our music leader brought her new ipad to Primary on Sunday to help the kids learn the new song for the year. I was so jealous. It's funny that you posted about reading on screen. Valerie and I were just talking about that today. Jeff got a Kindle and loves it, so now Valerie is getting one for her b-day. I want one because I know I would be able to read more, but I am still not sold on the idea of reading on screen. I feel sad that we are moving away from books. Book shopping, and having and actual book in my hands is part of the experience for me. I was thinking of you as we talked and wondering if you felt the same way? All of my other readers are converting and I am so torn. But then again I am not reading enough lately and it would give me more to read. Oh and speaking of reading...
BOOK CLUB!
Happy New Year!
Hi Julie,
Happy New Year.
Your Christmas looked wonderful.
That's so nice you had company and cousins.
I was against it, too. I do not like reading on the computer but I love the Ipad because it's small and you are holding something in your hand.
I prefer the books the ebooks that look like a book and allow you to turn the page. Some of the apps have the pages together and you just slide along into the next page. That does not have the same feeling to me. I like to see the page actually turn.
The Ipad could never actually replace books for me, or walking into a bookstore, but I love that they are so accessible. I love taking it to bed with me and being able to read and google any information I need. It has added another way to read and get books so I do like that. I'm such a readaholic that I can embrace this way of reading as well. I'm surprised how much I like it, but it could just be the excitement of having a new toy and a new way to read. We shall see.
I think you'd like it. If you get a Kindle you'll have to tell me what you think.
Are you reading anything good right now?
You'll have to tell me what you're interested in reading. And yes, this is the year for bookclub,
I want to put Catherine in charge of it.
Do you second the motion?
She's very organized and she has excellent computer skills. I nominate Catherine.
Oooooooo....I love new toys! Especially this one. My friend had one, and I tried it out a bit. It was really neat. I'd love to get one-eventually. :)
Hi Katie,
I think everyone should get one.
It's so much fun.
I wish I had two!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
I'm so glad you got to come down and see your Mama and sisters.
Post a Comment