Julie had the great idea of us forming a blog bookclub and Catherine has created the blog for it. You can find the blog at threnoufreadingroundup.blogspot.comI think all of us thought The Battle Hymn of The Tiger Mother by Amy Chua would be a good book to begin with since Dad and Erin have already gotten us thinking about it. In fact it was Julie who wrote in our comments and discussion, "Book Club." So now we actually have one and we're ready to begin.
Each of us will be in charge of a month. This includes choosing the book, and beginning the discussion/post. Whoever is in charge of the month will also be in charge of the blog and can change the background, music, pictures, and add or not add anything she likes.
Each of us can choose the month we would like to host. We will post a list on the blog after everyone chooses their month. If you would like to choose your book now, you can, or you can wait and see what we are interested in as the year goes on.
I think this will be a lot of fun and I know we will have interesting discussions. Remember, we can read any genre we want; classics, westerns, self-help, children's, etc. It is entirely up to you.
Also, anyone is welcome to join in and read with us. Let's plan on meeting back to discuss the book on the 25th of February. That gives us 30 days to find, read, and finish the book. So, "Let the wild rumpus begin." I mean the reading, of course. Let the reading begin!




6 comments:
I'm heading over right now to hang out in our reading room. Wouldn't that be so fun to have a room called a reading room and you could only come into read, to talk bout books, or to surround yourself with pretty books and comfy couches. Yes I know that also could describe a library but a library also has a shhhhhhh feeling where a reading room sounds like a place where you could host fun conversations. Your room in your other home before it become your dining room reminded me of that term. The reading room. See you there!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! I can't wait to chat books with all of you. Aren't I so bossy? Bringing up an idea and then pawning it off on someone else because I didn't have the talent to get it off the ground. Big thanks to you and Catherine for putting up with my constant harrassing reminders and making this thing take flight. I can't wait to see what we will be reading all year.
Mary, I still miss that room.
Mom always said I should open a Reader's Resort.
Libraries need some sofas and coffee tables, and big comfy chairs and ottomans to put your feet on.
So does Barnes and Noble. See: This is why I need to open a Readers Resort. I know how to make guests comfortable when they're reading, and cater to my own children with cookies, and drinks or bowls of popcorn when they are wrapped up in a blanket reading a good book. I need a reading weekend.
Let's plan one Mary. We won't talk at all. We'll just sit and read and laugh silently to ourselves. I know how you love it when I read in front of you! Now we can do it together!
Julie,
I didn't think you were bossy at all. You were exactly what we needed to get this club going. I thought you, and I and Catherine worked great together.
I'm anxious to see what we'll be reading this year, too.
I'm picking up my book tomorrow.
My only problem is that it will take me 30 days to buy the book. I can read it overnight, but I just can't seem to get over to the bookstore. Send help. And the book. And money.
I would love to join the bookclub!! Please let me know when you pick a book with pictures.
Post a Comment