
Oh, My Gosh, Thank Gosh, It's Friday. Is there a better day of the week than Friday? I don't think there is. And nothing tops Friday night! I don't have to do a thing to enjoy Friday night. I can stay home, do nothing, make nothing, eat nothing, and go nowhere, and it will still be the best night of the week. Fridays are a lot like Seinfeld; they're all about Nothing!
My Friday Favorite today is a song: I Got A Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas. It's a good song. I'm sure everyone knows it, but I thought I'd tell everyone I love it, search for it, and want to hear it everyday.
Fridays are our busiest day of the week because immediately after school we go to Piano.
Traffic on the way home is terrible. The entire piano process from beginning to end is 2 hours and 15 minutes. So, when we get home we are excited to be home. We're excited to do nothing.



10 comments:
I love your m&m picture. I almost used it myself for my post! Okay, I have to tell you that my whole post today seemed vaguely like a conversation I've had with you. Have we talked about Fridays being the best day of the week because they are a combination of weekday/weekend? Did we talk of this? If we didn't than the concept is all mine and I take all the credit. If we have talked about it than I must apologize if I stole some of your ideas. We've has so many great enlightening conversations it's hard to keep them all straight.
Happy Weekend to you! (Now that Friday is almost over I know you're just longing to skip over the weekend and get back to Routine Monday!
Ah-nothing....that sounds great right about now! :)
Bahahahahahaha!
Well, Mary, we tend to talk about everything in our conversations, and yes, we are both in perfect agreeance about how wonderful it is to have nothing to do on Fridays. It's the only day of the weekend I love. The rest of the weekend, not so much. I only love Friday night. Then it's apron on and back to work just in time for good old Saturday and Sunday!
Anyway, I loved your post. It influenced mine and I wrote it right after reading yours.
Can you tell? I think it shows!
Katie said it best..."Ah-nothing....that sounds great right about now."
(Just know that nothing to me means reading or writing....that's my idea of doing nothing. It's my kind of nothing.)
I haven't talked to you in 500 years, and everytime I pick up the phone to call you I put it back down because I don't have six hours to catch up on the last 500 years. Maybe I'll just have to write a comment about my life's history and then you can do the same. Let's start with today's post. I adore Friday, and Thursday is becoming a real favorite too since Friday is looming. I walk out of class on Thursday night with all of my worries behind me. We've been doing extra work all week long so that we barely have anything to do on Friday, to make it even more of a do nothing day. I'm sure everyone else in the whole wide world knows the song from the black eyed peas, except for me, your starchy old homeschooled sister with a broken car radio. The last song I heard on the radio was Hungry like the Wolf from Duran Duran. I'm not exagerrating much. Besides even when I have a radio, don't you know I'm addicted to NPR. I could listen to morning edition 24 hours a day.
New topic: I can't believe you got back stage. You and your press pass, just like at National Chicken. You need a press pass, seriously! Can you buy a fake one on EBay? I'm fully advocating deceit here, but I know that you'd ask quality questions and later right about it if you were given the opportunity.
Did I tell you that West won the GRAND prize from the push up contest? So now his prize is not just 250 but 1000. He also gets to donate 2500 to the school of his choice, which of course is the charter school. They are going to honor him at an assembly, which he will greatly enjoy when it is over only. He is so happy, already has big plans for his money. He loves to go around thinking about all the things he could pay for if he broke. Hey, mom if I broke your treadmill I could buy you a new one. Well, yes...but please don't break my treadmill. If I dropped my violin and it shattered, I could buy myself a new one. Well, son, yesssss...but please be careful. If ever he catches me counting pennies or fretting over bills, he offers me his money. It's really very sweet. I think he feels empowered by his windfall. I want a big fat empowering windfall too. I'm losing steam on my Spartan existence. I want new shoes, good mascara, a new car (really I want your red bug), a trip to the dermatologist, a cafe rio salad, a vacation to Ireland. Instead I have dignity and solvency, but they don't look as cute or taste as good as indulgence.
So good morning. And now, I must be going. The kids have symphony practice in one hour for the big Spooktacular contest at the college. I don't want to go at all since that Scarecrow pulled me on stage last year and I had to dance around in the tight jeans that I was trying to break in for Europe. I love the concert though, since the entire symphony and all the kids play Halloween music in their costumes. Still, this year I'm wearing sunglasses and a hat and sitting on the back row. And I'll wear baggy jeans, just in case. I hope I get to talk to you soon. E
Erin, Finally you're here.
I wanted to get a recording of Brutus yelling, "Where's Olive, and do an entire post about, "Where's Erin?"
I thought I said something offensive las time we spoke and I was trying to figure out what it was. I thought maybe I was completely unprofessional leaving such long comments on your professional blog. I thought you and Heidi were in complete solidarity with each other and ignoring public school people! hahaha
Yes, I heard about West and was so happy for him and amazed that he won $1,000 dollars! That is fantastic. Really. But, I was lauging so hard that he keeps imagining things breaking, and he-with the deep pockets-can fix it all with his contest money!
Your response is what made me laugh the most...."well, yes, but please don't break my treadmill...if i broke my violin and it shattered I could buy myself a new one....."well son, yessssss, but please be careful.
What a great contest for kids. $1,000 in his pocket and $2,500 to your school.
I laughed at your line about 500 years because everything I say lately has the term 500 in it.....500 people, 500 sisters, 500 years later, 500 years old, etc. The number of the day is 500!
I love NPR, too but I don't even get to hear it in my car. I have to listen to it on line. And I cannot believe the last song you heard on the radio was Hungry Like The Wolf...even when I read it I could hear it playing in my head, over and over.....and you know me, I never liked that song. Only music I've heard and known since I was 10 years old please, with little variation, or change, because I'm Loyal Like The Dog.
I admire your Spartan existence full of dignity and solvency. I'm terrible at it. I go a few weeks and then I can't take it anymore and I splurge and buy new books and CD's and then I feel better and more like my real-true-spend and enjoy the world for a few brief moments kind of self. I try to be a Spartan, but I hate it. I really do. It takes the fun out of living. I've even given up my newspaper, which I probably shouldn't have because it has only made me very angry, I'm afraid. And I'm already angry enough as it is.
Remember in Foul Play when Scottie tells Gloria to Beware of The Dwarf, and then Burgess Meredith made us laugh so hard because he got it all wrong and said Beware of The Midgets!????? Well, I think today, you should Beware of The Scarecrow!
Stay in the back row, dress incognito, and don't get up out of your seat even if he comes by and tries to carry you to the stage. POOR YOU! I could have never done it. I admire you for improv skills and joining in, but I would have sat like cement in my seat. I couldn't even wear the balloon hat in primary, or a helmet in the bikeshop. There's no way I could dance on stage with a scarecrow.
A backstage concert crasher, yes, but an onstage-public scarecrow dancer, no. Be careful, and Beware!
I hit the wrong button, and for a few brief moments I thought my response was lost and gone forever.
I hope this goes through.
Anyway, have a wonderful day today. I admire all that you're doing. I loved your post with all your Halloween themes, and Sailor's costume.
I'm so glad you joined the party. Now I don't have to call everyone and ask, "Where's Erin!!!!!"
As usual, call me when you can, and if not, I'll look forward to long, lengthy comments.
CATTE WOMAN,
You did it again! Isn't it a good song?
My volume was turned down, and I just caught it!
Did you get up at 5:00 am to do it? I hope not, but Thank you so much.
I will send you a free gift in the mail for helping me.
Grazi, gracias, and thank you again!
I vote that Erin and Leslie no longer have lengthy phone conversations with each other but should continue to have long comment conversations with all of us reading every delightful word. Will anyone else second this? Thanks girls. I enjoyed every word!
HAHAHA, Mary,
Maybe we should put Catherine in charge of conference calling all of us at one time. She's the technology expert....I'm sure she could do it.
Anyway, it's fun. I love EVERYONE'S comments. I really wish we could all get together and sit around the table for 500 hours....that's all we ever really want to do anyway!
Loved The Friday Post, Mary.....look what you started!
I love love love this post. And I love the M&M picture. It cracked me up, because I thought your post would be about M&M's!
I love reading everyone's comments! You really are the beef of comments. And I second MK's notion of you and Erin ommiting phone calls and corresponding only here on the blog where we can all be nosy and read right along. Sister's Conference Call would be so much fun!
Happy Belated Friday to you! And don't you dare send me a gift for changing your music. I would be happy to help you learn how to do it, or to keep doing it for you, but I will not be responsible for ruining your Spartan exsistence, so no gifts. =D. Just please keep posting! I love reading your posts, your comments, and the comments that everyone writes to you.
I cracked up at all your emails this morning! I love the way your kids sing Sister Sludge. Paul and I had a good laugh about this morning! And I laughed my head off at your comments on my blog. You really are the beef! Haha!
Catte....I am laughing. It came out as Sister Sludge!
Look above. Funny.
I love all the penpals and commentary.
I can't wait to see what else we're going to write and comment about.
And, I'm a terrible Spartan. I try but it's not me.
I believe in excess and abundance. I know they say less is more, but sometimes, more seems like it's better.....reeaaaallllyyyy better.
All right, one of these days we'll set up a tutoring session so you can show me how to put my own music on. But thanks for helping me....it's great of you to step in and surprise me.
Post a Comment