These are my latest addiction. They come in a bright, red bag. I usually eat the cheddar kind in the yellow bag, but when Erin was down she chose this kind, and they were and are really better. We took them to the beach with us, and devoured them. When I eat them my mouth is on fire and my eyes water, but it doesn't stop me.
I also love the crackly paper bag it comes in. Other potato chips come in shiny, glossy paper. This is just pure paper, and I love to eat them right out of the bag because the bag feels so good in my hand. I am a paper fanatic from, I am sure, holding and reading the newspaper everyday. I love everything wrapped in paper. Rosa's wraps their tortillas in plain brown paper, McDonald's wraps their cheeseburgers in good paper, and their french fries, too. Not all wrappers and papers are the same, and I have become a purist regarding paper.
One more thing about paper before I start back in on the potato chips. Newspaper is my favorite paper to write on. Put one in front of me and I will scribble my name, tally marks, and bits of anyone's passing conversation and phonecall conversations all over it. Phonebooks are also full of my random scribblings since it's made of the same paper.
Has anyone seen the movie Proof? Erin and I love that movie. Gwyneth Paltrow is in it and she's down and depressed and disgusted with everything. Her big sister is positive and sensible and always planning and driving Gwyneth crazy. It's serious but funny because of the frustration. Well the Dad in it has Hypergraphia and he can't stop writing, and has notebooks and notebooks full of his writing. But, he's writing about math! (Blahh!) Anyway, I think I have a form of Hypergraphia. As soon as I saw that part in the movie, I thought, "I do that." But, it doesn't worry me at all because I love it. I love all my obsessions.
Your'e proabbly wondering why I am telling you this, but I am because I think it explains my love of good paper.
So if you want some delicious potato chips wrapped in really good paper try the red bag of Spicy Thai Kettle brand chips. www.kettlefoods.com
"You're going to love this. Just love it." Whoever guesses the quote can win a bag of chips and a big, long-detailed-response-letter from me in the mail! Just what you've always wanted!
Blog Archive
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
-
Let's Watch Conference12 years ago
-
-
-
Wise Men Still Seek Him13 years ago
-
-
-
-
Excited for YOSEMITE!!!!!!!!15 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
My Blog List
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Propriety: noun: conformity to established standards of behavior or manner, suitability, rightness or justice. See "etiquette."
-Burnsie-
Popular Posts
-
If you haven't watched this movie could you please go straight to a Red Box, find it and watch it. It was ridiculous & absurd and I...
-
Here she is. Here is The Littles new dog. They wanted one so much that we gave in and let them have one. Doesn't she look like Girlie?...
-
All right, Sisters of The Yah-Yah Club, Where are all the comments? We need to get our Quilting Bee going again. Obviously, we need better ...
-
I have a funny story about this movie, or should I say a frustrating story. For weeks I'd wanted to see this movie, but it never worked...
-
Remember how in Meet Me In St Louis Tootie says she's so lucky to be born in her favorite city. Well, that's how I feel about Fall. ...
-
These are my latest addiction. They come in a bright, red bag. I usually eat the cheddar kind in the yellow bag, but when Erin was down sh...
-
The Littles went back to school today, and were happy to return. Actually, Erin Leigh was happy and Annie Laurie was semi-happy. That's ...
-
Is everyone ready or frantically getting ready for our trip? I'm so excited to go and am looking forward to being all together. I can ha...
-
I received my legal and signed document today from my ear surgeon. I have been officially excused from jury duty for the rest of my life du...
-
Just in case anyone had any doubt, which I doubt that anyone did, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is officially my new Magnificent Obsession. ...



17 comments:
Oh, I didn't know anyone liked those chips but me. I love them. It makes Ruffles and Lays seem like trailer park treats. I love the kettle chips now and I think I've tried every kind. I think you're right about the paper. BYU bookstore used to wrap their candy in waxed paper, which I also loved, and then they went to plastic bags. Just not the same. How are you doing? How is life with an empty house half the day? We just went out for Pizza with Candice and her group and now we have Billy and Aubrey here to play and everyone is very happy. I'm so pleased that tomorrow is Friday. I need to work up some stamina to adjust to my new life as harried teacher of two. I'm going off to sew now while I have minute. I hope we get to talk this weekend. I wish I knew the answer to the quote because I really want some mroe chips.
Oh I love how passionate you are about your paper. I feel the same way about newspaper, the best paper to write on. I can't wait to try these chips and as per the movie quote, Gene Wilder in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I will be waiting for my detailed response and potato chips! Haha
Catherine,
"You won. You won. You found the golden ticket."
Shall we do another?
Here it is.
"I found it. I found it." I'll give you a hint: A child says it.
Anyway, very good, Catte,
you guessed it. Look for your brown paper package tied up with string in the mail. I feel passionately about brown-butcher paper, too. I actually feel very passionately about everything. One way or the other, it's usually always extreme.
Ok, it's your turn since your the winner, to think of the next quote.
(I am actually kind of terrible at this game, since I am OLD! I missed an era of movies..because I was too old, busy, and having babies, but I will try.) Maybe you could pick a quote from a Teen-Queen movie, since those are yours and Mary, and Adam's favorites!
hahahahahahahaha!
Prudy,
You are second in line because I left you a comment downstairs in the other comment section.
"Trailer Park Treats,". That was a good one. I bet people would buy it.
I always want to write a book called The ABC diet...you know a ridiculous book...but I bet would buy it. It seems like that's where all the money is...just come up with some made up diet and it's a best seller, all the time.
Can't we ever go back to Education Week so we can go to The BYU candy counter, and be roommmates again and throw your shoe at me!!!!
(Did you throw me on the grass, too? Do you remember this? Not a real throw but knocked me over...)
Anyway, Europe will be better than Education Week, and especiallly because we're all going TOGETHER!!!
But, we really should plan a Slumber Party at Education Week some time. I'll put Laurie in charge of planning it!
One more thing Prudy,
I made your wheat rolls yesterday and loved them. They were really good and my kids loved them, too.
I wanted to eat them for dinner...you know just that for dinner, but no one would hear of it.
I thought they were good enough to stand on their own.
Gosh darn it! Catherine beat me to the first quote contest. But the second quote is from Charade. Do I still get a big fat letter from you even if I was in second place? You don't have to send any fabulously wrapped but super spicy chips to me. I'll take the letter. I love hearing about all your obsessions by the way. Quite fascinating really.
Leslie, would you believe that Shane walked in tonight with a bag of the spicy Thai chips for me? He hadn't read your blog and I have only ever had them on the beach with you. He had a sack and brought them to me and said he picked them up because he thought I might like them. He was right, since I almost finished the whole bag. I'm glad you liked the rolls. Tomorrow I might have to make another batch.
You know I'm not one of those mystical believer types, but I always love it when people are in sync with each other. Somehow our blog was resonating cognitively with Shane. Did that make sense?
I hope it did.
Mary Kate and I keep having in sync moments and I love it.
I am leaving for the market in 10 minutes and am going to buy 8 bags of them because all the big kids keep eating them. I watched Mallory take the last bag out the door to school.
Anyway, what a nice surprise from Shane.
Mary knows I LOVE it when Mike brings me home a treat. Once he went to 31 flavors and didn't bring any home for The Littles, and I was about to be furious til he brought out a Diet Coke that he was hiding behind his back for me.
OK, here's one more story for you. Last weekend Tracy brought over a big jar of salsa for us, but Jordan was the only one home.
So at church, Tracy mentioned it and we had no idea about it because Jordan hid it from all of us!
He always does, but this time he REALLY hid it from us because we didn't even know we had it.
That's life in a big family, if you don't devour it, hide it or claim it, someone else will eat it.
Jack's never forgiven me for eating all the Captain Crunch!
haha,
Love the music! Piano music really is so beautiful and a little haunting too.
Oh I'm so excited for my brown paper package tied up with string! I love brown paper packages I love anything that is in any way old fashioned and brown paper packages fall into that category. Okay here's the quote, I don't know if it's too easy or too hard or whatever, but I think it's me in a nutshell, so without further ado . . .
"I'm not cool enough."
Catte,
I knew it immediately. "School Of Rock!"
One of my favorites. I love Jack Black in that.
All right, keep your eye out for your brown paper package.
The post office will make me take off the string.
Okay, so i'm late...sorry.
Anyway, I seriously thought the bag was just as delicious as the chips.
I'm with you Leslie, I love paper--not in a scrapbook sort of way either. :) In Latvia, they wrapped anything you bought in stiff paper--flowers, pens, notebooks, candy....I loved it. The crisp crunch of paper almost makes me want to take a bite.
I loved the chips and per mary's less spicy opinion, I also tried the Tuscan cheese--also very good.
Thanks for the suggestions. Keep the crunchy goodness coming.
I never know exactly where to leave a comment, since this post is old, and what if you don't catch it.
Oh, well.
Heidi, We should go to Latvia for the paper alone. I'd love anything wrapped in good paper.
I laughed that the sound makes you want to take a bite. Remember those old - Cruncy-Washington Apple commercials? It even made me want to eat one.
I swear they should have wrapped my brand new babies in paper instead of a blanket.
Then I could have written all over it when they outgrew it.
Ok, I'm slipping, I can tell.
Mary Kate can only eat the Tuscan Three Cheese kind. I kind of called her a weakling for it and had to apologize immediately. I only meant her mouth.
I've seen her wakeboard. She's a Stud!
Anyway, glad you joined in for the paper discussion.
No wonder we all love The Office so much. It's all about PAPER!
I never know exactly where to leave a comment, since this post is old, and what if you don't catch it.
Oh, well.
Heidi, We should go to Latvia for the paper alone. I'd love anything wrapped in good paper.
I laughed that the sound makes you want to take a bite. Remember those old - Cruncy-Washington Apple commercials? It even made me want to eat one.
I swear they should have wrapped my brand new babies in paper instead of a blanket.
Then I could have written all over it when they outgrew it.
Ok, I'm slipping, I can tell.
Mary Kate can only eat the Tuscan Three Cheese kind. I kind of called her a weakling for it and had to apologize immediately. I only meant her mouth.
I've seen her wakeboard. She's a Stud!
Anyway, glad you joined in for the paper discussion.
No wonder we all love The Office so much. It's all about PAPER!
123 Go!!
123 Go!!
I was just testing to see if the picture I wanted posted, and it did.
Thanks Catherine.
Post a Comment